1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Any worthy beer stores in Dubuque, East DBQ or Galena?

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by DCintheMSP, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Will be heading that way after my wedding in May, anything worthy of stopping by, or should I load up before leaving Minnesota?

2. Chaz

Chaz Champion (840) Minnesota Feb 3, 2002

You might want to check out Family in Galena, but there's no Surly down that way, so you'll probably want to stock up, anyway. ;)

3. Ish1

Ish1 Savant (305) Minnesota Feb 25, 2010

Assuming your in the twin cities, Decorah is on the way to Dubuque so I would stop by TG and load up.

There is also a restaurant in Elkader, Schera's that always has an interesting tap and bottle list.
    http://www.scheras.com/menu--beer.html

4. randjuke

randjuke Aficionado (195) Iowa Feb 13, 2010

Family Liquors is in East Dubuque, not Galena, but it's worth a stop. You can buy singles of any beer which is nice if you just want to try things. Van's is just a bit north of Family, and decent.

5. JediMatt

JediMatt Aficionado (210) Iowa Jun 18, 2010

Van's or Family. Also, if you go a mile or two up into Wisconsin, there's a couple of gas stations that carry New Glarus. I usually stock up when I'm in Dubuque.

6. ebones

ebones Aspirant (35) New Jersey Nov 18, 2013

Hit up the National Brewery Museum in Potosi, WI. Not too far away and their on site product at the brewery is pretty good.

Chaz likes this.