Anyone ever see macro American Malt Liquor on tap at a bar?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Derranged, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (525) New York Mar 7, 2010

That's immaterial.

2. Derranged

Of all the cheap malt liquors I'd drink as teen; Colt 45, Olde English, St. Ides, Country Club and Silver Thunder, Crazy Horse was the toughest to drink.

ant880 likes this.
  3. JoeyBeerBelly

JoeyBeerBelly Initiate (0) New York Dec 15, 2006

I read this post earlier and ran out to pick up one of these...

[​IMG]

As far as seeing Malt Liquor on tap, back in the early 80's a local bar in Valley Stream, NY had Colt 45 on tap...

I drank a lot of Colt 45 and played a lot of pool at that place, cheers!

4. Edward pint glass hands anyone?

5. Derranged

I googled malt liquor and found this. I would be very interested in trying something like it. Not added to BA

[​IMG]

6. "Born of a flood and centuries-old Belgian text, 1554 Enlightened Black Ale uses a lager yeast strain and dark chocolaty malts to redefine what dark beer can be. In 1997, a Fort Collins flood destroyed the original recipe our researcher, Phil Benstein, found in the library. So Phil and brewmaster, Peter Bouckaert, traveled to Belgium to retrieve this unique style lost to the ages. Their first challenge was deciphering antiquated script and outdated units of measurement, but trial and error (and many months of in-house sampling) culminated in 1554, a highly quaffable dark beer with a moderate body and mouthfeel."

http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detail.aspx?id=5ac72c92-fd87-4ec7-858d-3380c8d465d8

Chaz likes this.
  7. Derranged

Imagine having one of these filled with C45 in your office :confused:

[​IMG]

8. equinox1

equinox1 Aficionado (235) Wisconsin Dec 26, 2012

And don't forget good old Schlitz Malt Liquor. I remember using sources at 17 yrs old to get this stuff. Got you drunk but I know for sure I would not touch it today.

9. shand

shand Advocate (645) Florida Jul 13, 2010

Just, for the love of god, don't use the hot tap.

longbongsilver likes this.
  10. badb_rad

badb_rad Savant (255) California Dec 23, 2012

Just watched a couple Billy De Williams Colt 45 commercials on Youtube... Classics