1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Anyone heard from Buff0910?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by JayORear, Oct 1, 2013.

1. JayORear

JayORear Advocate (540) California Feb 22, 2012

Some of you saw me ask for advice on this situation last week, so I want to ask around before calling him out as a "bad trader." Also, it looks like a similar situation was resolved on another thread this way, so here goes . . .

Two months ago, I sent Buff0910 a box with about $50 of nice shelf beers, including some of his wants, with the agreement that he'd send his box once he received one of his local fresh IPAs. About one month ago, he said he finally had the box "ready" to go, and was going to ship the next day. Since then, nada. I've BM'd him multiple times, first saying I was worried, then making it clear that I need to know what happened with the trade. He hasn't been on BA for a month now. Last week, I said I'd give him one more week before reporting, and now I'm checking in here one more time before "officially" reporting. (I know the Bad Trader list is no longer being kept.)

It's a bummer, for sure, because he and I had a few successful trades previously. He referred me to a Lawson's trading partner when he saw I was looking for Double Sunshine. I had even sent him a free RuinTen in exchange for a mailing label because his state didn't get any of the last batch. I really wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, wondering if something had happened to him, and then I saw he posted on his Twitter account today. So, it's not like he's laid up in the hospital or anything.

Does anyone have any info/other experience with him? I'd like to get this resolved amicably if possible. And no, I don't have his phone number or personal e-mail (my bad).

2. Weird, I traded with him in June and he took care of me. Sorry to hear that!!

3. Sreda

Sreda Aspirant (45) Virginia Feb 6, 2012

I think I may know who you're talking about. Sent (maybe him) a message. I'll let you know.

4. JayORear

Thanks--it's pretty clear who I'm talking about, since I've given his handle.

ant880, cavedave and shadowane like this.
  5. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Alabama Jan 13, 2011

I was at a bottle sharing he was at, about 2 weeks ago....he's a friend of a friend...so I'm guessing he's not laid up....I'll see if I can get info to him...... I hope it works out for you..

6. Skunkdrool

Skunkdrool Savant (470) California Jul 31, 2010

I traded with him back in June as well, and he took care of me. Everything was great. Weird

7. Owes me a Mexican Cake, and not responding to messages or emails.

8. JayORear

Yeah, I posted follow-up that was deleted by mods, not sure why. Basically, I tried him several more times, and then texted him thanks to a fellow BA giving me his number. He's chosen not to respond, even though he posts to Twitter occasionally. Pretty disappointing, as we had several good trades in the past.

9. JayORear

Yeah, his Twitter profile says "Follower of Christ." I guess that's the beer-stealing Jesus?

10. TonyJ815

TonyJ815 Savant (455) Florida Apr 3, 2013

Sounds respectable.

11. He gave me a DC number for a box of should have had over a month ago, it is set to arrive tomorrow. The weight looks under so hopefully it's all okay. I'll update tomorrow. Good luck to anyone he owes beer.