1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Anyone in the Myrtle Beach area?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by Skrip, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Skrip

Skrip Savant (360) South Carolina Oct 7, 2012

i would love to organize some tastings/trades/etc... with fellow BA's
  2. Nice to meet you - North Myrtle Beach here! Feel free to hit me up!
  3. Skrip

Cool I'll BM you! I live in Little River
  4. I lived in MB for about 5 years and still have vacation property. I'm usually at the beach atleast once every other month. In the summer more often. I actually have a small cellar in MB condo (Arrowhead/Riverwalk). I've got some old lou pepes, an 10 Darkness, and a mix of other gueuzes. I usually end up hitting the pig and liberty for growlers and never get to the cellar. I just keep adding. I would be willing to host/attend if the timing worked out.

Its amazing how the scene has changed.
    johntangus likes this.
  5. Skrip

awesome! let us know when you're coming down again, i'm sure we can arrange a tasting. and maybe a trade! =]
    johntangus likes this.
  6. Bumping this back up.....PLUS

I know this is kind of last minute but I was curious if anyone was up for a tasting Thursday/Friday?

I’ve got to do some work on my condo and I have a stash of beer that I would prefer to share. I know I’ve got a few Lou Pepes from 2007, 2010 Darkness, I think an 2009 Tour de Gueuze, some 5+ year old bigfoots, and various other beers., etc.

I’m not sure if there is a regular MB tasting group but I could host something this weekend if we could find 3-5 people ready to drink.

If it doesn't work with short notice and there isn't a regular tasting group, I’m willing to start one and can host with a little planning.
  7. Skrip

Hey man thanks for bumping this back up! I'm actually hosting a tasting at my house on the 19th, you're welcome to come! BM me
  8. My parents have a house in MB for summering 36th or something like that. I will be down occasionally.
  9. csbinva

csbinva Savant (265) Virginia Jan 13, 2010

Where is the love for the south end, got a place in Litchfield and we hit it every month or so, usually just me and Quigley's doing a dance, my boy Byrd at Market Commons has been coming down that way so maybe we can all meet up in the middle this summer!
  10. kexp

kexp Savant (265) North Carolina May 10, 2007

If you are interested in leasing your vacation property in mid or late september for a few days, let me know and I'll beermail you.
  11. Skrip

i made a thread for the bottle share on the 19th! hope on that shit people =]
  12. Lipsntoes

Lipsntoes Savant (295) Ohio Jul 15, 2012

I'm heading to NMB in a couple weeks.... where can I find a good selection of crafts? Any help is much appreciated.
  13. Lowes store on 17 pbypass near the Grand Strand Hospital has a good selection...but the Pig at Market Common(old Air force Base) is a GREAT place for a zillion beersa...even has growlers! Have fun