1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Anyone know what going on at Kuhnhenn?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by mtrog313, May 7, 2012.

1. Jose2412

Jose2412 Aficionado (240) Michigan Feb 25, 2012

Anyone know if they still have bottles of BB4D left? Im headed to another Tigers game Thursday and was gonna stop and pick some up and have a DRIPA.
  2. bierenutz

bierenutz Savant (310) Michigan Jan 21, 2010

Come on, remember who we're dealing with here. Kuhnhenns doesn't know if there's still bottles of BB4D left in the back somewhere! Last month as I recall there was a thread about it being sold out and then they "found" more buried/overlooked and then supposedly that sold out too recently. The long answer to the question is a definite possible maybe no o_O

(it's still worth the stop in though for the DRIPA :D)
  3. Spartan213

Spartan213 Savant (315) Michigan May 28, 2008

Didn't ask about the BB4D last night, but the DRIPA was out when we were in.
  4. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

They had a question from someone on their Facebook page in the last couple of days asking if there was any BB4D left. Their reply was "No, not for awhile." Take that to mean whatever you want.

If you're going to stop, it won't hurt to ask.
  5. Talking to Bells folks, they said he was a 3rd shift production brewer.
  6. BeRanger

BeRanger Savant (465) Michigan Dec 11, 2011

They're out of BB4D.. They ran out the Sunday before Memorial Day, the last case was for in-house conumption only. This was after running out the previous month and stumbling across another pallet of it.
  7. Theeabyss

Theeabyss Aficionado (190) Illinois Apr 19, 2012

BeRanger...is this truly true?
  8. steebo777

steebo777 Savant (485) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Truly it is possibly true. I think.
  9. BeRanger

Yeah - I was up there on Sunday before Memorial for a trade with an out of town BA. I had bought him a case a few weeks prior because I figured it would run out before he got into town. I was right, him and a guy across the bar had the last two bottles that were part of the final "in-house consumption."

But hell, they did stumble upon a pallet last time this happened. I think they have a better feel for what they have after the last debacle and he said it'd be awhile.
  10. Probably means it's sitting in barrels for winter solstice release.
  11. BeRanger

They do have some in the barrels in the back, that I know.
  12. Theeabyss

Theeabyss Aficionado (190) Illinois Apr 19, 2012

My boy just bought the last of what they had. The owner was happy to sell it, the guy ringing him up sure wasn't for some reason.
  13. loki993

loki993 Aficionado (230) Michigan Apr 16, 2009

As you can see no on really knows. I heard someone say they he was there last week and someone there just pulled one out of the back for him and he didn't even ask for it.