1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Anyone seen Bell's the Oracle in Bottles Yet?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by kdmcguire10, Aug 16, 2012.

1. mobius387

mobius387 Savant (385) Florida Dec 5, 2010

id go two hearted, hopslam, oracle. TH and hopslam are probably tied for me in taste, but considering i can get TH for half the price of hopslam, and can get it year round, its by far a better deal.

never had hopsolution tho

yah, dont think we get this. didnt get it last year either. dont worry tho, IMO hop whore by tyranena is almost identical. probably not as much of a palate-wrecker, but that might make it better

2. Zaphog

Zaphog Champion (995) Michigan Sep 23, 2011

The bottle shop that's down the street from me, they hook me up! Stop by, I'll throw you a couple!

3. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Savant (485) Illinois Jun 12, 2012

Found one single bottle in Kalamazoo, checked every store in town.

4. BourbonBob

BourbonBob Savant (425) Illinois Apr 1, 2012

Anyone spot any in Marquette?

5. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Advocate (675) Michigan Apr 3, 2006

Guy offered to sell me one for $5 (same place that charges $10 for KBS), I said no. He seemed offended saying he's seen it for a lot more elsewhere.

6. Skull40

Skull40 Savant (250) Indiana Apr 1, 2010

I got a case at the brewery the day after it was released in bottles. I think the price per bottle came out to about $2.50. I've got a couple left if anyone wants to trade.

7. blackcompg

blackcompg Savant (325) Illinois Feb 13, 2011

I got REALLY LUCKY and picked up 2 cases ($132 w/ tax) @ Bell's General Store a few weeks ago (they only had 10 cs. left at the time). I've heard there will be no bottles in IL this year, and when I picked up the 2 cs. a few weeks ago @ the General Store, they said that they will not likely get any more this year either...

8. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Champion (840) Michigan May 8, 2006

Oracle is a one time deal, no second/third/etc bottling run like Hopslam. I would be shocked to see more bottles. On tap is a different story, it pops up every now and again and that is what I count on.