1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Arcadia BB Cereal Killer?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by lurpy1, Dec 1, 2012.

1. lurpy1

lurpy1 Savant (480) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

The rumor mill has gone quiet on this release. Any more details on when and where it will be coming out.

PS: Unless this is being released to stores..... ISO BB Cereal Killer.

2. mike409

mike409 Aficionado (200) Michigan Jan 25, 2012

there 16th anniversary party is tonight it is being released during it.

3. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (460) Utah Jul 12, 2012

A comment on their facebook says mid December.

4. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (345) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

I heard that it will be released in stores... but not sure when or how far it will go. If it is anything like last years BA Shipwreck, most of it will stay in Michigan. I don't think other markets saw much of that at all.

5. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

This is the correct answer. Same with BA Imp Stout.

6. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Aficionado (235) Ohio Oct 20, 2007

Ohio saw a lot of BA Shipwreck. Hoping for the same for the BA Imp Stout and BA Cereal Killer.

7. I remember seeing a ton of shipwrecked in OH last year. Picked up some bottles. Was very excited about it. And it was really bad IMO. Tasted like a dusty attic.

8. adamdd

adamdd Savant (330) Michigan May 9, 2011

They are tapping kegs tonight at Arcadia, but when I was there this morning the two people I asked about bottles said that they hadn't heard that they would be on sale today. They were selling "vintage" bottles with a free glass. Last I heard from one of the reps, there were around 900 cases of Cereal Killer. I had heard recently that they were waiting on label approval from the LCC.

9. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Picture of the glass Adam?

10. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Its On their FB page.

11. Sam_E

Sam_E Aficionado (175) Ohio Oct 11, 2012

Cereal Killer 2009 is in stores in NE Ohio. picked up a few at the store this afternoon

12. Stinger80OH

Stinger80OH Advocate (655) Ohio Nov 11, 2011

Was just at Arcadia a few weeks ago and they were waiting on label approval prior to bottling...hopefully they won't be as a big a disappointment as BA Shipwreck was...

13. I hope it will be that big of a disappointment. BA Shipwreck has vitamins and minerals and good teeth!

14. donniedarko

donniedarko Aficionado (120) Ohio Mar 23, 2011

I was able to get my hands on the bb imperial stout. Pretty good actually...maybe a little to much of a harsh bourbon taste but overall not bad at all. I got the single bottle at the brewery....

15. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Savant (485) Illinois Jun 12, 2012

How much we're 4 packs of BA cereal killer? Store by me has singles for $16, seems steep

16. moefriedman

moefriedman Savant (260) Illinois Feb 15, 2012

Puerto Rico? Yah, total ripoff. Nabbed last BA stout from Binny's SL for $7.99. BA CK was sold out though at same price.

17. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Savant (485) Illinois Jun 12, 2012

Yep, which is odd since usually he is competitive for a small shop. I'll just drink the non BA instead at that price

18. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

$7 or $8 for a single in SE Michigan, if you could find one.

19. MSEGUIN

MSEGUIN Savant (375) Michigan Apr 6, 2011

Saw quite a few of these tonight. BM me if you would like to work something out.

20. Jparkanzky

Jparkanzky Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

Anyone tried one of the BA Cereal Killers yet?

No reviews up. I might open one tonight, but I gotta get up E A R L Y.

21. The brewery has run out of these so your only hope now is to find it in good bottle shops. However, the brewery does have the Cereal Killer on tap.

22. Bryan

Bryan Aficionado (145) Michigan Feb 29, 2012

Had it at the brewpub two weeks back, pretty good. Lighter than I thought it would be, but tasty

23. Had one tonight and its a big thumbs up here. Definitely wish I could have gotten more than three bottles if indeed this is all there is.

24. Keffa

Keffa Advocate (500) Ohio Jan 8, 2009

InebriatedJoker shared a bottle with his wife, me, and schwaeh, and we all liked it. Very easy drinking, nice bourbon presence, chocolate malt, not overly boozy, overall a very very solid beer. I humbly disagree with your opinion.

Then again, that's what I'm allowed to do, since that is my opinion.

25. Absolutely. Maybe we had some from a bad part of the batch. Idk. I really wanted to like the beer. Unfortunately me and my friend who tried it and then one other person who drank one of my bottles I got all said it wasn't good. Overwhelming char and dust flavors. Just our opinions.

26. Keffa

Keffa Advocate (500) Ohio Jan 8, 2009

I'd say bottle variation. I can tell you that if you got a bottle like the one we had, you'd be far from disappointed :)

27. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Savant (420) Illinois Mar 19, 2012

Yeah, BA Shipwreck is legit. Chatted up the server at a random restaurant that has legit craft beer selection a few months back....he comes back with a KBS and BA shipwreck porter. We crack the KBS first then much to my surprise the BA Shipwreck proceeds to blow it out of the water.

28. jplopez21

jplopez21 Advocate (560) Illinois Nov 14, 2012

I actually like it better than the BA Imperial (and thats saying something since I love RIS'). Oddly enough It's not as boozy as the Imperial. Surprisingly very well balanced.

29. buzze40

buzze40 Savant (300) Illinois Mar 9, 2010

just had both imp and cereal. Very good but I'll pass on buying more and save my $ for Sucaba and Parabola. Central Waters about the same body and bigger bourbon presence so a better overall drink IMO (at half the price)

surlytheduff likes this.
  30. Jparkanzky

Jparkanzky Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

Thanks.... I love Sucaba, don't care for Parobola (I'm odd I guess!) I'll hope for the BA Cereal Killer, and just get a couple BA Imp. Stouts to try.

31. founder26

founder26 Savant (460) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

The stout is really not worth the $, however, it is yummy, you can see my review of it. Havent popped my bb killer yet so no comment on it yet

32. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

It's an $8 beer, not $16

33. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (460) Utah Jul 12, 2012

The Cereal Killer is fantastic IMO. Reminds me of a thinner, more oaky Backwoods.

founder26 likes this.