1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Arcadia BBA Cereal Killer and Imperial Stout

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by mjshearer1, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (435) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

That means it will last maybe a week in Chicago then, I'll take the under.
  2. Dcv

Dcv Aficionado (240) Michigan Nov 12, 2009

Yes they are but you may still want to call before you go.
  3. I was there today and got some of each kind. They don't have the Shipwreck Porter, but I think it has been bottled, so it could show up soon.

Keep in mind that the brewery is closed on Sundays in the winter.
  4. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

where do they distribute ? do they have wide distribution....
    ahh website shows MI, IL, OH, KY and PA only....
    well maybe somebody in the Mid West wants some Pelicans......?
    YogiBeer likes this.
  5. I can get some Arcadia beers in NJ. I hope it comes my way
  6. Was there last night and enjoyed a BBA Cereal Killer on draft. They had a few bottles left of each in their retail bottle section, however, there was a whole pallet of the BBA Cereal Killer on the far side of the bar. It seems like the bar staff is not very informed. Each time I have called over the past week, I've been given wrong information or they admit, they don't even really know what's on tap or if bottles are available. After reading information posted on their Facebook site, I called and was given contradicting info. Before going yesterday, I called just to confirm. I was told there were no bottles of the BBA impy stout for sale, but was able to buy some when I got there. I really like Arcadia, good beer, good food, good atmosphere, just wish they could figure out how to get good information to us, their customers.
  7. To add my above post, I have not been able to get any confirmed info as to whether these will get into distribution. I've been told yes, no, and we have no idea. If I was to guess on past actions from Arcadia, they might put it into distribution in a few weeks. If anyone has further info on this, please chime in.
    luwak likes this.
  8. I think the lack of information is partly because of the evolution of this release. I think they have a 'bottleneck' in the production process that is delaying this release -- the waxing of the tops of these bottles is a manual process that is slowing them down. When I called a few days ago I was told that "they were going to wax some more of the IS that day so it would be available in the brewery tomorrow." ("Tomorrow" being yesterday, and when I stopped in there was some of each beer available.)

Best advice is to call ahead the day that you plan to go there.
  9. Dcv

Dcv Aficionado (240) Michigan Nov 12, 2009

They should just skip the damn waxing.
    raymo55 and surlytheduff like this.
  10. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

greatfulbeerhead, Mothergoose03: thanks for the info.
    I guess i'll ask my (few) Midwest freinds to keep an eye out.
    I
    f anybody hears anything else or has a few extras and might like to trade for something comparable from the West Coast let me know.
  11. I was down at the brewery tonight -- the retail supply appears to have caught up with demand. There was a dozen or so singles of each beer on the shelf, and five 12x cases of each of the two beers sitting there in the retail area.
  12. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

Just left. The imperial stout cases have a "reserved" sign on top. I mixed a 12 pack half and half and my total was $102 and change.
  13. Morey

Morey Advocate (525) Pennsylvania Dec 30, 2007

I paid $5.98 a bottle for BA Shipwreck. Are these brewery only, or will there be some distribution?
  14. MeadGuyfromMD

MeadGuyfromMD Savant (260) Maryland May 23, 2007

I love the Imperial Stout, sadly it no longer comes to MD. Anyone up for a trade?
  15. spotted both in chicago, $15.99 per 12oz bottle. no thanks.
  16. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

Pretty sure those didn't come thought distro....
  17. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (460) Utah Jul 12, 2012

It did just hit here in Michigan so it's for sure out there.
  18. Mjmoser

Sure, talking about here in Chicago though. Know a store that is selling them but very steep. Just saying I doubt these bottles are from distro ( assuming me and OP are talking about same place).
  19. imfrommichigan

I sure hope you get it though! The BBA Cereal Killer is fantastic.
    elephantrider likes this.
  20. Mjmoser

I did, thanks to a great BA from MI!
  21. When I was at the brewery last Friday they said they were out of both beers, so store shelves is the only place you'll find them now.
  22. jplopez21

jplopez21 Savant (470) Illinois Nov 14, 2012

It just came in today @ the binnys in plainfield, ill. literally just had it and its insanely similar to bcbs. only grabbed 2 bottles of the barrel aged imperial @ 6.99 ea, but im about to go leave and grab quite a few more for trading before theyre all gone.
  23. Sam_E

Sam_E Aficionado (175) Ohio Oct 11, 2012

Store I go to in NW Ohio only had 1 case left of the BA Imperial Stout for $6.89 a bottle. Was really hoping that they had the Imperial and the Cereal Killer, but I'll take what I can get.
  24. Had BB Cereal Killer last night, very good. There's bottles of both available in Frankenmuth.
  25. any BB CK seen in metro detroit area yet ? have found some BB Imp so im thinking its out there somewhere
  26. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (685) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

I assume those are 12 oz for that price?
  27. Yep. Sold in singles only.
  28. kdmcguire10

kdmcguire10 Savant (365) Michigan Jul 15, 2011

Anyone looking for these, DM me.
  29. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (685) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

Grabbed one yesterday for $7.99
  30. Found both at Vintage Estates in Youngstown, OH yesterday.
  31. I just had one of the BBA Imperial Stout. Did not rate very highly so I did not have high hopes. I thought it was fantastic.
  32. Sam_E

store by me today had Cellar Aged Cereal Killer. apparently its a special edition aged for 3 years
  33. imfrommichigan

So then can I call my Barrel Aged Cereal Killer "Cellar Aged Barrel Aged Cereal Killer" in a few years?
  34. Michigan

Michigan Initiate (0) Michigan Oct 24, 2012

Yes.
  35. The Cellar-aged is not Barrel-aged
  36. Sam_E

here is a pic of the bottle

[​IMG]
  37. Michigan

You are correct. I was at the brewery the other day. It tasted like a barleywine.
  38. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Savant (445) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

I would hope so, considering it is a barleywine.
    JohnnyMc, JohnB87 and Michigan like this.
  39. CORKSCREWFISH

CORKSCREWFISH Savant (325) Illinois Apr 22, 2011

WTF!?
  40. Michigan

looks like I skipped the operative word "aged". read over it a few times wondering why there were comments on it and swore I read "aged". oh well. my bad.