1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Arcadia BBA Cereal Killer and Imperial Stout

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by mjshearer1, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

You probably know this already, but the Dark Horse party is 4 Elf. They or may not have Monster.

Winter Solstice is the party at Kuhnhenn. They will likely have BBBW.
    caber2615 and Jakers90 like this.
  2. TheBeerTruck

TheBeerTruck Savant (255) Michigan Feb 29, 2012

I "liked" this a few days ago, but I'm coming back again to state that I like it. Love the reply!!!
  3. TheBeerTruck

It contradicts my previous statement?!?! Thank you, Captain Obvious.
  4. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

Damn, you guys. I guess summer really is the season to get sand in your vagina....
    jb123 and BlackNote like this.
  5. Yeah, my buddy is a brewer at DH, he said they will have Monster 29 at 4 elf party in december (didn't mean to say solstice). Although, I will probably go to the winter solstice party at Kuhnenn for BBBW
  6. Had the BA Imperial the other day. $7.99 a bottle in OH. Very good, but I thought the barrel taste was overpowering. Not among the elites in the BA IS/RIS category, but a very solid offering. I would buy another one.

Really want to try the barleywine!
  7. BlackNote

BlackNote Savant (345) Michigan Apr 5, 2013

I didn't like the BBA Imp Stout, but the BBA Cereal Killer (barleywine) was awesome. Still waiting to try the BBA Porter (aka Ship Wreck) cause only have one bottle.
    MikeCactusGordon likes this.
  8. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (460) Utah Jul 12, 2012

This information is wrong as per their Facebook event info...

"This Baltic-style porter has a robust malt character and a slight herbal hop bitterness. Aged for 12 months in 10-year-old Kentucky bourbon oak barrels, this alluring dark liquid features appealing undertones of vanilla, oak, cocoa and coffee. The aging occurs in abandoned mines in Michigan, at a constant temperature of 45F.

12% ABV, 50 IBUs"
  9. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Champion (840) Michigan May 8, 2006

This is simply the stock description of the beer. If you look further down on Facebook page you will notice a picture of the packaging, the case clearly states "Aged over a year in 22-year old oak bourbon barrels". There are obvious discrepancies from two Arcadia sources. The stock description has been proven time and time again to be inaccurate as of late, Arcadia is really muddying the waters by continuing to use it.
  10. imfrommichigan

Why they gotta be like that? Toying with my emotions.
  11. TheBeerTruck

Now this is something we can agree on. The information they have communicated to distributors conflicts with what they said in the articles you posted previously. Maybe they're doing it on purpose to create some weird mysteriousness. Either way, I'm looking forward to Shipwreck. Personally, I like it the best of the three.
  12. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

If only their beers were good enough to argue over, this thread would really deliver. Right now they're too pricey for what they actually are.
  13. BorisKarloff

BorisKarloff Savant (315) Ohio Apr 29, 2013

Arcadia in Ohio? I'm guessing they don't make it much past the Toledo-ish area, then?
  14. premierpro

premierpro Savant (290) Michigan Mar 21, 2009

These are both excellent beers!
  15. jampics2

jampics2 Advocate (710) Ohio Dec 19, 2008

They're all over NE Ohio.
  16. BorisKarloff

Good to know - the only time I've picked up their brews is at Party Source in KY!
  17. BlackNote

BlackNote Savant (345) Michigan Apr 5, 2013

BA Cereal Killer was worth it, but BA Imp Stout was NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure about Shipwreck cause haven't tried the only one I got, but going to try next to this years.
  18. I'm pretty sure that I've seen Arcadia stuff in Columbus.
  19. BorisKarloff

I imagine it's old stock - they have no presence at any of the larger stores in Columbus (Anderson's, Weiland's, Whole Foods, etc.), at least.

From what I understand they used to make it down here but they weren't happy with their distributor.
  20. cereal killer and the imp stout are both pretty badass if you ask me...but what the hell do i know
  21. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Savant (445) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

22. imfrommichigan

DenverBeerDrinker likes this.
  23. Make sure you pick up a few extra ;)
  24. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Savant (445) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

25. imfrommichigan

mjshearer1 likes this.
  26. ygolordned

ygolordned Savant (475) Michigan Apr 7, 2013

are bba cereal killer and imperial stout supposed to be coming around again anytime soon?
  27. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Tons of BA Imp Stout at Holiday in Royal Oak still.