1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Are there any styles that make you nauseous?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SummitSeries72, May 25, 2013.

1. krl2112

krl2112 Advocate (575) Illinois Nov 10, 2012

I don't get naseous but when I drink sours like Cantillon or 3F I get really painful heartburn.
  2. kotayk

kotayk Aficionado (180) California Feb 22, 2011

It usually passes after ur first trimester.
    Good luck
    AwesomeSquad likes this.
  3. douginromeo

douginromeo Savant (315) Michigan Apr 1, 2013

I know it's not technically a beer, but meads get me. I love honey, but make a mead out of it, and I get SICK!
  4. ghostly

ghostly Aficionado (145) New York Mar 7, 2011

Trying to think what about ESBs might set you off. Some people are extra-sensitive to diacetyl, but usually that just gives the beer an off-putting butteriness. Otherwise it'd be the yeast or the hops or, you know, the alcohol. So I guess that doesn't narrow it down.
  5. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Savant (495) Florida Jun 13, 2012

Gangnam style does. :eek:

As far as beer goes, I'm not really diggin' the cream ales.
  6. Anything barrel aged turns my stomach; I had a bad night drinking whiskey with some Russians a couple years back. Just the smell make me dry heave.
  7. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Savant (495) Florida Jun 13, 2012

That was probably your first mistake. You drink whiskey with Irishmen. You drink vodka with Russians. Live and learn.;)
    douginromeo likes this.
  8. The lesson here is not to try to drink with Russians, ет, спасибо!!
    gjoker321 likes this.
  9. fx20736

fx20736 Advocate (510) New York Mar 7, 2009

anyone who proclaims they only drink IPAs or Barrel Aged Stouts makes me nauseous.
    gjoker321 likes this.
  10. No, but if I drink too many sours I get acid reflux all night.
  11. BigJim5021

BigJim5021 Savant (475) Indiana Sep 2, 2007

Actually, He'Brew's Funky Jewbelation has got me feeling a little... funky (sorry). It wasn't a bad beer but my stomach is definitely pretty squidgy.
  12. mrcraft

mrcraft Advocate (595) California Dec 15, 2012

There are certain DIPA's that does wonders on me way of nasty headaches and general nauseousness where I need to sit down and not do anything. Last time was when I had a glass of Enjoy By at Stone in Pasadena. I had to sit down on the bench for good hour before I headed home.