1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Armand 4

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by BTPete, Apr 17, 2012.

1. BTPete

BTPete Savant (250) New York Jan 28, 2009

Are any of the series still available for onsite consumption (or take away) in Belgium? Especially would like to try Lente but understand that will probably be the hardest to come by. Thanks!
  2. Mar02x

Mar02x Savant (320) Netherlands Aug 29, 2011

There are still some around and I got one in the mail today ;) - if you are coming this way we can do an IP trade if you like.
  3. They still had all four at the brewery when I was there about a month ago, but they were running low - especially on Lente.

I also saw them available for on-site consumption at De Heeren, In de Verzekering tegen de Grote Dorst, and the Moeder Lambics. The prices, though, were distinctly less affordable than the brewery's 24 euro, especially within Brussels proper.
  4. Yes, Lente seems to be the people's favorite... altthough the Master himself thinks differently...
  5. cpinto6

cpinto6 Savant (365) Georgia Feb 25, 2010

I hadn't heard that, which one does he like the best?
  6. winter
  7. I also just saw a newsletter from Delirium Café that listed all four for sale, possibly at the Hoppy Loft upstairs. I wouldn't expect it to be cheap anywhere.
  8. BTPete

BTPete Savant (250) New York Jan 28, 2009

Mar02x, I won't be in the Netherlands unfortunately. I might try to set up a trade while I'm in Belgium but it will be tricky because I am bike touring most of the time so I am in in Brussels for a day before I leave to bike tour for a week in Flanders and then return to Brussels before I leave. I'm hoping to get to try them as I make my way around. Hopefully I don't have to pay an arm and a leg. I'll check with the brewery itself right before I go so I know if they have them in stock. Are there changes happening at the brewery itself like closing the tasting room or something. I had read a thread but I'm doing so much planning I can't keep it all straight :confused:
  9. I am pretty sure they had some bottles at Beer Planet (downtown Brussels, close to Delerium) last time I popped in there. I don't think it was too outrageous (compared to the brewery price); maybe 30 euro / bottle. That is what I paid at ABS drinks (Winskele) for a couple bottles of Lente, but that was months ago.
  10. I'll say ... 100 euros at moeder