Dismiss Notice
Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Learn more about beer. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for as low as 68% off the single issue price.

Subscribe now →

Belgium Armand and Tommy in Belgium?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by jleblanc, May 16, 2013.

1. jleblanc

jleblanc Aficionado (145) Massachusetts Feb 23, 2012 Verified

I'll be in Belgium next week and I'm hoping to track down some 3F Armand and Tommy blend. Does anyone know any stores or bars that I could consume or procure this beer at?
  2. Dennoman

Dennoman Advocate (505) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

Common in any other part of the world, rare as hen's teeth here. It's funny how that works.

Definitely no shops that stock it. You can probably have it at the more highly esteemed geuze/lambic places. Verzekering, Heeren, Circus, ... something along those lines.
  3. DimensionX

DimensionX Savant (335) Oregon Oct 1, 2010

4. Dennoman

Armand 4 =/= Armand & Tommy :)

A&T was released at the Sour & Bitter pre-festival dinner at Copenhagen last year, together with Framboos. It was completely and utterly overshadowed by the latter, because more of them were produced. There was also the lore behind the Framboos, because the Danes had apparently been bothering Armand about it every since he discontinued it from his basic line-up in 1999.

Armand & Tommy has now been released in Canada (Québec) that I know of, and is supposedly fairly accessible in the New York area. I've spotted (and bought) it on a French webshop, and I got the last bottles there. I still know of a place in the UK that has them, but other than that I'm stumped. Would love to have a few now too, I'm fresh out myself and can't find it here.
    tacosandbeer likes this.
  5. jleblanc

jleblanc Aficionado (145) Massachusetts Feb 23, 2012 Verified

Dennis, thanks for the info man. Jeez, it sounds like I should have booked tickets to Denmark instead, sounds like Belgium is dry of all the good lambics! Oh well, I will drown my sorrows in Jupiler and Leffe
  6. Dennoman

No prob :) But hey, at least you can score some 50N at the brewery! See you in Antwerp! :)
  7. trevorjk

trevorjk Savant (330) Netherlands Aug 28, 2009

mmm jupiler and leffe :p
  8. Yup, no good lambics in Belgium. Crap... if it wasn't for people like Dennis I wouldn't even go there.
  9. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink Advocate (720) Vermont Apr 9, 2009 Verified

When I come over for Borefts I am going to bring you a new set of tastebuds:D
  10. tom10101

tom10101 Savant (480) Quebec (Canada) Nov 21, 2010 Verified

There's was no Armand & Tommy in Québec. Up to now, Alberta has been the only province to get it (105 cases), but Ontario should get the same amount soon.
    tacosandbeer and oldp0rt like this.
  11. mulder1010

mulder1010 Advocate (615) Australia Aug 29, 2008

Still on the shelves in Australia. Lucky us:)
  12. This is news to me... Where did you hear this?