1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Article Purchasing (specificially a Beer Destination listing)

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate magazine' started by ThePorterSorter, Jan 22, 2013.

1. I was thinking about how this site could be utilized to host previous BA mag articles for purchase. The idea stems from my need for "Beer Destination" reviews while traveling...while also not having the time nor desire to locate every BA magazine I own to find a specific location article that may not have even existed.

If the site hosted a listing of every Beer Destination review (or any other article for that matter) and made the purchasing of those articles linked to profiles, it would be immensely helpful during my traveling. For instance, if I travel to Buenos Aires (as featured in mag #72) it would probably be years down the road, and I may not be fortunate enough to remember where my copy of the magazine is or whether the location was ever covered in a BA magazine at all.

Currently, the easiest was to find last minute travel info is to post a thread about being in a certain area and letting BA members argue over which bar or bottle shop reigns supreme. This system works, but I'd prefer the foundation of a Beer Destination article further supplemented by BA argument over any meaningful contemporary changes, which is best hashed out in a forum.

Any links to previous discussion on this topic would help.
  2. Todd

Todd Founder (1,430) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

You can buy back issues of BA mag via print or Google Play (searchable), but one of our 2013 goals is to begin archiving back issues on the site. We currently don't have plans to charge for this archived content as it won't be the complete or current mag, but rather some of the content from past issues broken into sections.

Another 2013 goal within the site redesign is a new Places section, which will make finding places easier.