1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Austin Area Beer

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by WeeObese, Jun 7, 2012.

1. I'm headed out to Austin in July. What breweries and/or beer bars are a must. I know I want to go to Jester King, what other suggestions?`

2. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (430) Texas Sep 30, 2007

Austin Beer Works--brewery- never been, need to go

NxNw(brewpub)-Make sure you ask if they have the blackjack on tap, imo its the best beer in their lineup,and ive heard when they have their sours they are standout as well, but the normal lineup is meh. food is good but a bit on the pricey side if you dont stay with the pizza type food. (but i love going there on a romantic night with the mrs)

Black star co op-brewpub- very eclectic food and their house beers are as well. decent tap selection of other beers.

The Draughthouse-brewpub, not much food, tons of beer and i happen to like their house beers as well.

The flying saucer-bar with some pub style food.

opal divines--bar--decent food, decent beer selection. ( and great whisky selection if your into that)

MAKE THE DRIVE TO SAN ANTONIO TO FREETAIL. Great food and great beer, win win imo.