1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Available Utopia Close To Boston (2012-12-15)

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by nawset, Dec 15, 2012.

1. nawset

nawset Member

Two hours ago, I stumbled upon two 2012 Utopia's at a bottle shop within 30 miles of Boston. I bought one. If interested in grabbing the second one, please PM me and I will let you know where it is. They were charging $199. Serious inquiries only. First come, first served.
  2. messrock

messrock Member

So you went to Kappy's in Medford?
    MarkF150 likes this.
  3. nawset

nawset Member

Nope actually, it wasn't there but if it is known that they can be had close to Boston then this is no big deal. I thought there might be a scramble for it (thus the PM approach).
  4. LiquidCourage

LiquidCourage Member

Gasbarros in Attleboro had two bottles not to long ago. The $199 price tag makes them slow to move.
  5. Psychmusic

Psychmusic Member

Utopias is pretty generally available and just sitting around most liquor stores in MA
  6. GoOSU

GoOSU Member

Supreme in Dorchester on Gallivan Blvd. has some
  7. ICCULIS

ICCULIS Member

I know two places (Medford and Lynn) that have the current vintage on the shelf now. not too hard to find.....
  8. WeymouthMike

WeymouthMike Member

I agree and at a much cheaper price than $199
  9. commis

commis Member

It's all over the place. I've seen it in more than a half dozen shops from Boston to Metrowest to the South Shore priced from $179-$199
    Sam spreads the wealth. .
  10. cbeer88

cbeer88 Member

There are more stores with it than stores without it right now. And you really don't need to pay $199 if you look a bit.

It's odd - I feel like the Boston market just doesn't really care about this beer relative to other areas of the country that go nuts for it where people pay $250/bottle. Yet we probably get more than anyone...
  11. iflah45

iflah45 Member

Copeland Package in Quincy has em for 165 or 170. I can't remember exactly.
  12. nawset

nawset Member

Wow. I had no idea. No longer feel like I scored. It it was on the same day that I picked up my Westy brick, a FW 16 and three four-packs of BCBS. Thought I was the luckiest man on earth.
  13. Psychmusic

Psychmusic Member

Reading these forums I always end up spending more than I want to because when I see something billed as super limited I jump at it. Then I see it two weeks later for $5 less than I paid and I end up not liking it much anyway.
  14. KBrennan1000

KBrennan1000 Member

Oh to have that kind of expendable income.
  15. Sourkehd

Sourkehd Member

There are two at my store. We also have a couple fruets and BCBS.
  16. nawset

nawset Member

Had to sell a kidney and promise my wife that I would drink natty light until spring.