1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Awesome BA Alert...

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by NJOssie, Oct 25, 2012.

1. NJOssie

NJOssie Savant (265) New Jersey Feb 28, 2012

a while back I did an IP trade at Captain Lawrence for a Hardywood Bourbon Cru... that day I met Shilt who was up from VA and we did a trade w/ some great extras included... he also opened a Gingerbread Stout to share with me and others at CL

a couple of weeks ago I was prepping to leave for GABF and I arrived home to an unsolicited bottle of Hardywood Farmhouse Pumpkin... really cool right?

so last week I put up and ISO... Shilt notices it and has the beer I wanted... I did some side trades to get the bottle he wanted and sent him some extras trying to pay him back for his prior generosity...

low and behold, I get home today to the trade that I thought I was going to repay him and give him a better box than expected... what does he do? He slams me with a vintage DL as an extra...

if you EVER are thinking of trading with Shilt... please don't hesitate. He rocks!

libbey, Hanzo, ncaudle and 6 others like this.
  2. NJOssie

so Sam (Shilt) and I have become pretty regular trading partners... trying to send each other stuff that we know the other wants... Sam knew I wanted more GBS and a BA GBS... and he kills me with this

[​IMG]

first the DL 2010 as an extra and now this??? I'm going to get you back Sam!

axeman9182 likes this.
  3. Met Sam at the BA GBS release. Really nice guy and he's definitely not afraid to pop some nice bottles with new folks!

NJOssie likes this.
  4. NJOssie

he's really a top notch BA and what I think every BA should strive to be...

5. cfh64

cfh64 Advocate (730) Texas Aug 16, 2005

I have only traded with him once but was quite impressed by his generosity. I'll just say this...he sent me 3 awesome beers and basically said send back whatever you want. Great guy and and BA.

NJOssie likes this.