1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

B-bomb release pushed back to Monday, Dec. 3

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by BuckeyeOne, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Per their Twitter page, Fremont is pushing the B-bomb bottle release back to Monday due to label issues.
  2. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Initiate (0) Washington Jun 23, 2009

Bunch of bunglers.
    ArchEnemyBrew likes this.
  3. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Savant (330) Washington Sep 11, 2011

"Label issues" = They were likely out fishing.
    beertunes, Lordkrystic, NWer and 6 others like this.
  4. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,015) Washington Sep 18, 2010

I've waited so long...
    A couple more days won't hurt.
    Oh wait, wrong thread. Damn.
    duketheredeemer and beertunes like this.
  5. If it's any consolation, they do have The Sister DIPA back on tap.
    distantmantra likes this.
  6. Excellent timing on my part for once. I have a very quick visit to Seattle on Monday with just enough time to stop in for a pour or two. Any idea how quickly they sell out of bottles? Is it likely that with an evening visit I could still snag a bomber or two to bring back to Minneapolis?
    Lordkrystic likes this.
  7. draheim

I think you'll be fine. KDS (the last limited release on a roughly similar scale to B-Bomb) took a couple weeks to sell out at the brewery. We're too busy fishing and elk hunting to get all bent out of shape over some barrel-aged beer.
  8. Cool. Thanks for the insight.
  9. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (485) Washington Nov 12, 2011

Obviously didn't want to compete with the Old Wooly release party :p
  10. There will likely be a two bottle limit at the brewery. But if you have some Abrasive in tow, you might be able to trade a Seattle BA for his/her bottles of B-bomb.
  11. I was wrong. They just posted on FB that there will be a 4 bottle limit.
    Smurf2055 and NWer like this.
  12. NWer

NWer Advocate (635) Washington Mar 10, 2009

This is a very expensive time of year. . . .
  13. draheim

Yeah. As opposed to the rest of the year, which is smooth sailing.
    ScreamForMe and NWer like this.
  14. Not sure if I'll be able to bring any Abrasive since I won't be back home in Minneapolis until Sunday night before I leave. If I can snag some to throw in my bag somehow I'll post back to see who is interested.
  15. Duh. Who the hell buys Fantasia in January, Super Nebula in February, trades for KBS in March or buys multiples of Parabola in May? :rolleyes:
    beertunes, OakedCanuck and NWer like this.
  16. NWer

No Más! No Más!
  17. Saw this on Twitter last night. Monday works even better, I'll just swing by after work on the way home with kiddo in tow. Have a pint of The Sister and snag two bottles.
    jpbebeau likes this.
  18. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

You kid, but I do enjoy that beer. Stopped by around noon today - there weren't many people there, but it was a who's-who of Seattle beer dorks, including owners/employees of the brouwers empire.
  19. Breakfast Cereal Killer Stout is also available. Fantastic beer. Too bad Big Time doesn't make anything rare. You know, Old Sol, Old Wooly, Cereal Killer, etc. Can only buy bottles at the brewery or not at all. Clearly not rare enough. Hrmph.
    Texwild and BCross like this.
  20. BCross

BCross Savant (270) Washington Nov 20, 2011

I really like Breakfast Cereal Killer. Guess I might have to swing by after Fremont tomorrow
    distantmantra likes this.
  21. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (435) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

I've gotta find some professional help to get me to stop lurking in this forum, it's just too masochistic. Back to knife-fight training for the next Bourbon County release...
  22. draheim

Oh, don't get me wrong. I modified my commute this morning so I can swing by Fremont on my way home to pick up a few bottles. But I'm also pretty confident that they'll still be selling B-Bomb @ the brewery this time next week.

When you start asking publicly what you can get in trade value from your own brother for a BCBS Coffee (thread apparently deleted), you've lost sight of the whole point of great beer.
    beertunes and bgramer like this.
  23. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (265) Washington Jul 18, 2012

if anyone rolls through in the next hour, i'm the dude sitting at a table with a Burnside hat on.
  24. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

Just rolled through...Still shocked they sold out so quickly.

Just kidding.
    beertunes, KrangTheConqueror and NWer like this.
  25. NWer

Damn! Missed you! I was the old guy sitting at the end sucking on a Sister w b-bomb in hand.
    Lordkrystic likes this.
  26. bgramer

bgramer Savant (335) Washington Feb 10, 2006

So how does the freshness of this year's vintage compare to last year's?
  27. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

How'd you like The Sister? Had it for the first time on Friday. Thought it was delicious, although not as good as The Brother.
  28. draheim

Now that was fucking cruel.
  29. mdaschaf

mdaschaf Advocate (595) Washington Mar 28, 2010

Just rolled in, wearing a dark grey hoodie if anyone wants to hang out
  30. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

At least you weren't sucking on a brother. I know the guys at Fremont are laid back but I doubt they'd be cool with that in public ; )
    beertunes and Smurf2055 like this.
  31. NWer

Delicious. More flowery than your typical West Coast hop bomb. Given it's what they intended - and why wouldn't they, they did a beautiful job of hitting the mark.
    Been a while since I've had The Brother and won't attempt a comparison but loved The Sister - a lot.
    jpbebeau and csano like this.
  32. NWer

Oh I chose my words carefully knowing you'd be lurking :rolleyes:
    beertunes and podunkparte like this.
  33. kevwcamp

kevwcamp Savant (310) Washington May 13, 2010

We are lucky to have releases like this. Strolled in, no line, bottles a plenty, and the good stuff on tap too.
  34. mv945

mv945 Aficionado (135) Washington Jan 26, 2011

Nice chatting with you today dude.
  35. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Sipping on one now. Bright orange shirt and M's hat. It's delicious!
    Lordkrystic and punkhim like this.
  36. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (265) Washington Jul 18, 2012

To you too man. Thanks for hanging out. Double thanks for the Red Peak hook up! Can't wait to bust it open.
    bgramer likes this.
  37. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (485) Washington Nov 12, 2011

You broke rules 1 and 2!!!
  38. Is this years Bbomb an altogether bigger beer. What's the ABV? I noticed the 2010 was 9% and the 2011 was 9.5%. Just wondering if this years is even bigger.
  39. I stopped in around 4:45pm with my daughter on the way home (love the fact that the brewery really isn't out of the way going home to Greenlake via 99). Had a pint of The Sister and B-Bomb and picked up two bottles. There were probably 15 people in the UBG at the time, along with one friendly gigantic Husky/Malamute which my daughter loved. Everyone was buying bottles, but I'm guessing this will stick around for a couple weeks before they sell out. So definitely not rare, who cares.

I love Seattle.

Oh, 2012 is 11% ABV.
    bgramer, mdaschaf, jpbebeau and 3 others like this.
  40. draheim

I have no idea what you're talking about. I had to wait behind two other people. Took me three whole minutes to get my B-Bomb. Shit's getting out of hand.
    66jzmstr, NWer, bifrost17 and 3 others like this.