1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

B-bomb release pushed back to Monday, Dec. 3

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by BuckeyeOne, Nov 30, 2012.

1. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Your daughter must have been the little girl with the iPad or whatever, right?

Funny, you look nothing like your avatar ;)

2. suncrust

suncrust Savant (295) Washington Apr 17, 2011

That Malamute dog is crazy huge. I've seen it there once before.... it's a freaking polar bear!

Stopped off on my way home, grabbed my bottles and a glass on draft. I'd say this years has a much hotter bourbon character right out of the gate, lots of vanilla notes and some brown sugary sweetness amid the malt character. Very good, but it's peak will come with some time.

3. That wasn't me, my daughter is only ten months old. We were sitting under the window near the far end of the long table. But yeah, I clearly do not look like a Gundam.

yojimbo1 likes this.
  4. Got to try A Bomb for the time this year can only imagine how awesome B-Bomb must be

5. kevwcamp

kevwcamp Savant (320) Washington May 13, 2010

Frickin' line cutters...

Sarlacc83 likes this.
  6. Was that you at the end of the table with the little one? I was sitting next to the Gigantic Malamute in work clothes. My buddy had his little one there also (with ipad). You gotta love kid friendly breweries!

7. Yep, that was me! And yes, kid friendly breweries are great. We've been doing my birthday party at Fremont for three years now, it's a great space where my friends with kids (now including my wife and I) can still feel welcome and enjoy good beer.

8. Texwild

Texwild Savant (255) Washington May 1, 2008

Well, last years release was the same ABV as this years (11% or so) but we had "label issues" last year and Bbomb was mislabeled as 9%...

beertunes and Lordkrystic like this.
  9. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (275) Washington Jul 18, 2012

Love the new spot and the beer is damn tasty. I can only imagine what you could have done if you weren't so busy smoking dope and fishing.

libbey, beertunes, 66jzmstr and 2 others like this.
  10. Thanks for the info. No wonder the 2011 was so damn tasty

11. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (495) Washington Nov 12, 2011

Two years in a row? :p

12. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

Nice vertical developing:
    [​IMG]

13. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Savant (380) Washington Sep 11, 2011

Wish I had a 2010!

punkhim likes this.
  14. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,050) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Looks like he has two. You guys work something out.

15. NWer

Not into trading that gem. Meant to be shared . . .
    Still pissed I missed podunkparte's sour bottleshare. Maybe we need something along the lines of b-bombs.

libbey, jpbebeau and beertunes like this.
  16. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,050) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Sharing is just trading in person. Again, work it out. ;)

17. jpbebeau

NWer and I are overdue to do so, for sure.

NWer likes this.
  18. The green wax ones are walez bro. Only a handful got the green wax in 2010 before they got the red wax which most were dipped in.

19. jpbebeau

Tasty, tasty green wax.

20. Picked up a few bottles last night. Wish I had had time to stick around and have it on tap.

21. Don't let the reviews fool you; have a glass of the sister while picking up your Bbomb. I think they honed in the recipe. Shit is bangin!

Lordkrystic and NWer like this.
  22. NWer

Listen to him! I had a Sister when I picked up my bottles yesterday & was overwhelmed.
    Shutup podunk . . .

Lordkrystic and podunkparte like this.
  23. My dog Rufus and I sat in the brewery midday and I had a Sister and a B-bomb plus I grabbed a growler of The Sister and my allotment of B-bomb bottles to go. Why choose between the two?

24. I was the guy sitting there talking to Thor, one of the brewers. Such a small BA world.

25. That wasn't you. The guy talking to Thor when I was there had all his teeth.

Lordkrystic and NWer like this.
  26. I had some work done recently. Also quit using Meth

Lordkrystic and BuckeyeOne like this.
  27. 2010! I'm jealous!!!!

28. The Sister was really nice. I think I actually prefer it over The Brother.

29. I've had a bit of both of them recently and I still think I prefer The Brother --- I'm a sucker for juicy, citrusy hops.

On a related note, I had a Walking Man Homo Erectus at Uber over the weekend and I must say that I prefer both of Fremont's DIPAs to this. I last had a Homo Erectus years ago and remembered being blown away. The aroma was great but the taste was underwhelming. Makes me not miss getting Walking Man around so much.

jag21 and NWer like this.
  30. Was at the Pub about 2 months ago. Tried about everything they had and nothing was great. Some were pretty mediocre actually.

31. NWer

I was underwhelmed with Walking Man Homo Erectus myself. When in the Gorge, I much prefer Double Mountain and Everybody's Brewing

libbey likes this.
  32. podunkparte

Hell yes!

33. I second this

34. Texwild

Texwild Savant (255) Washington May 1, 2008

Well, yeah. Shit happens and then it doesn't. Because Beer Matters.

NWer, Smurf2055 and Lordkrystic like this.
  35. TheEarl

TheEarl Aficionado (165) Washington Apr 10, 2012

I stopped by yesterday evening to collect my allocation and had a pint of scotch ale while at the UBG. Does Fremont make a scotch or did I order a guest tap without realizing it?

36. NWer

The guest tap was something from Black Raven. Probably it.

Lordkrystic likes this.
  37. podunkparte

Yep

Lordkrystic likes this.
  38. TheEarl

TheEarl Aficionado (165) Washington Apr 10, 2012

Ohhhh. Must be Second Sight. That's a good one.

39. BCross

BCross Savant (285) Washington Nov 20, 2011

I did the same thing last night. Had a B Bomb and a sister when I picked up my bottles.

40. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (810) Washington May 12, 2005

Ditto. I couldn't decide whether or not to have the Sister so I had someone flip a coin. I won.