1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

B-bomb release pushed back to Monday, Dec. 3

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by BuckeyeOne, Nov 30, 2012.

1. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

Same game plan for me tonight: The Sister and B-bomb on tap plus two bottles. I love WA...I love Fremont even more.

distantmantra and Lordkrystic like this.
  2. sukwonee

sukwonee Advocate (540) Washington Dec 13, 2011

do you guys know when we should be seeing bottles in stores?

3. pnoland

pnoland Aspirant (35) Washington Oct 26, 2012

Full Throttle Bottles in Georgetown already has it.

4. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

Unless it's totally inconvenient it's best to buy it at the brewery as long as it's available. $15 per bottle including sales tax. Stores will charge 2-4$ more plus sales tax.

sukwonee likes this.
  5. Bottleworks just announced they are selling B-bomb no limit.

pnoland likes this.
  6. sukwonee

sukwonee Advocate (540) Washington Dec 13, 2011

I picked up a few! cracked one open tonight and it's amazing. Huge vanilla, caramel, chocolate, bourbon.... just as amazing as last year's!

7. Yeah, this beer is simply outstanding this year. I might just barely prefer it over this year's Abyss as far as the big barrel aged imperial beers go.

Lordkrystic and hopburster like this.
  8. Got 2 bottles from 99 bottles today. It looked liked they still had a bunch left around 2 pm. Looking forward to cracking one of them within the next week.

Lordkrystic likes this.
  9. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (275) Washington Jul 18, 2012

Thanks for hanging out with us last night. Nice to meet ya.

10. It was my pleasure. The Red Hot never disappoints.

Lordkrystic likes this.
  11. I had a glass of B-Bomb yesterday afternoon at the brewery and noticed that bottles are gone, but they're still at shops all around Seattle.

12. NWer

Gets even better. According to their website they will be offering a three-year vertical starting Thursday (27th)
    http://www.fremontbrewing.com/

13. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Initiate (0) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

Wow that sounds awesome. Wish I wasn't going out of town. I've already spent too much money on beer.

14. I know what I'm doing on Thursday.

15. CA_Infidel2o9

CA_Infidel2o9 Savant (310) Dec 1, 2012

Perfect, i move up there the 26th! Sounds like the perfect way to try this brew for the first time! Anyone know how much this will hurt my wallet?

16. yojimbo1

They sell the new ones for $15. So at least $45 but I bet they'll charge a premium.

17. honkduh

honkduh Savant (315) Oregon Jun 2, 2011

I'm thinking the vertical might be on tap in which case your wallet should be fine since it'll probably be 10oz or less pours.

18. CA_Infidel2o9

Yeah, that's what i'm getting from the link. Either way, i'm down. This is the one brew i'm most excited for!

19. yojimbo1

Ahh that's probably true. In that case the price will most likely be very reasonable. You'll probably want to bring some food as 30 oz of B-Bomb would take a while to drink.

20. CA_Infidel2o9

Lol no food at the brewery?

21. honkduh

You're pretty much drinking beer in the brewery it's not fancy.

[​IMG]

22. honkduh

start there get a little buzz then cross the street and walk a block to Brouwers for more beer and great food.

23. CA_Infidel2o9

That's sick, i'll have to treat it like a work out and carb up before i go.

24. NWer

They encourage you to bring your own food. They do hand out bar snacks.

25. Not like that anymore. The tasting room is a seperate room now from the production brewery.

26. I've never known Fremont to jack up prices.

27. yojimbo1

P
    I didn't mean that they would jack up the prices without merit just that they would charge more for the vintage beers, and that's when I thought they were bottles, since it costs money to cellar beer for two years. They would pass those costs on to the consumer and I wouldn't blame them for that. They seem like fair people and I must admit I have never had vintage beer from them on tap so I don't know what their MO is.

28. I had Bourbon Abominable 2011 on tap there this past Spring. It was $6.

29. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (785) Washington May 12, 2005

2012 has been on tap for a while - $8

30. Thanks to yojimbo1 for recognizing that we don't jack prices for our special beers...we just cover cost. No rare beer? Rare is a business decision and we decide that you, the folks that care about craft, matter more than hype or profit margin maximizing are what matters...after quality beer...and fishing, and well, you've read these posts.

Beer Matters and so do you. So, enjoy the vertical if you can make it down to the UBG and thanks for caring about carefully crafted beer and don't forget that we who make beer every day (multiple times) know and appreciate that you care....and matter. Because Beer Matters....but only when you believe.

31. cavemanlawyer

cavemanlawyer Savant (275) Oregon Dec 7, 2010

I would love to land a bottle or two of this if anyone has extra. I am in Portland and can offer most of the recent Oregon releases in exchange. IP preferred but shipping is fine too.

32. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (275) Washington Jul 18, 2012

Oh boy, hopefully there's some left for Sunday. I'm leading a Tacoma contingent Northwards for a Fremont/Ballard tour de beer. There goes the neighborhood.

csano likes this.
  33. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

That sounds fantastic. Will you post highlights after the tour?

Lordkrystic and mdaschaf like this.
  34. My in-laws are in town from Omaha, so the wife and kiddo and I took them to Fremont for some beer and lunch from Dot's. The B-Bomb vertical is only $6, which is honest to God the best damn deal in town.

I really do think that 2012 is a the best so far, it's so well-balanced and smooth. 2011 continues to be a bit of a hot boozy mess, and 2010 has aged very very well.

NWer likes this.
  35. Were you able to snag any Fred from the Wood at HOTD this month? Would be interested. Have things other than Bbomb too.

Cheers!

36. Two bottles left at Malt & Vine as of 7:30 tonight FWIW.

37. Saw a bunch today at the Sammamish QFC as well.

38. CA_Infidel2o9

About 5 bottles at DeLaurintes.