1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BA Bigfoot Sightings -SoCal

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by luisc123, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Anyone seen this in stores yet? Specifically in Orange County?

marcron03 likes this.
  2. From what I've heard, it should be landing at Bevmo and TotalWine Friday.

3. I called Total Wine in Tustin today and the guy said that it wasn't on his delivery sheet, whatever that means.

4. SOcal is behind on all SN allocations we don't get most of the shit till last.​

5. TW in Mission Viejo had half a case as of 1pm hidden in the walk in. I was able to grab one and a bottle of Lost Abbey Deliverance.

4kbrianb likes this.
  6. Well there went my chance at getting one since i wont be off till 7 dammit

7. call and beg and plead for them to hold or hide in the back. Depending who you talk to, sometimes they will agree.

8. Total Wine/Bevmo in Brea each got 1 case at noon today. 1 bottle limit. 8 left at each location when I left at 2pm.

9. When did Bigfoot become a bottle limit beer?

10. kmatlack

kmatlack Savant (340) California Mar 29, 2010

When they put it into a bourbon barrel.

11. MoparGrease

MoparGrease Initiate (0) California Jul 26, 2012

Bevmo in Torrance no limits. 3 bottles left about 630 today

12. Bevmo in Norco/Corona/Moreno Valley each got a case today and have none left. On a side note I opened my first bottle tonight and it's everything I could have ever wanted and more. Bigfoot is my go to beer/daily drinker. When I throw parties bmc people high five when they see the keg and then rarely come back for a second glass. High bourbon tones/tastes, extremely balanced, smooth. Sampling it against a 2005, 2012 and 2013 Bigfoot.

luwak likes this.
  13. Price check on BA Bigfoot at BevMo?

14. MoparGrease

MoparGrease Initiate (0) California Jul 26, 2012

15. TW in Brea sold out earlier this afternoon.

16. TW Laguna Hills is out. BevMo on El Toro still had some - gotta ask for it.

17. I haven't seen it hit SD yet, but I've been paying less than full attention to things.

18. jklinck

jklinck Savant (255) Washington Jul 23, 2007

Anybody see this in San Diego yet?

19. Damn, man. Anybody stop by TW in Tustin yet? I guess I'll be giving them a call early tomorrow

20. I got a few bottles from Whole Foods Huntington Beach @ 13.99. The guy opened the case up for me as they had just literally received the shipment so I am not sure what they have left.

21. South Bay Liquor in Chula Vista is sitting on a few cases. $20 per, no limit. A little high, but I bought a couple since I'd probably spend the difference in fuel trying to chase this down.

22. IceAce

IceAce Advocate (560) California Jan 8, 2004

Not exactly OC...but here was my local BevMo this am:

[​IMG]

23. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Savant (260) California Dec 1, 2011

This is regular Bigfoot, every beer store has tons of em.

24. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Aficionado (245) California Jul 12, 2012

Reminds me to go pick up what they're holding for me. Anyone try it yet?

25. Yep - it's a solid barrel aged beer but nothing mind blowing in my opinion.

26. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Aficionado (245) California Jul 12, 2012

What's a better BA Barleywine IYO?

27. Locally? Abacus.

PeterJ and Zhiguli like this.
  28. BA Numbskull

Zhiguli likes this.
  29. I was in there today shopping and found a random bottle mixed in with all the other singles on the shelves. Not sure if somebody was trying to hide it for later or what but I of course grabbed it and bought it. Nice surprise to find today.

30. If anyone is still looking and can't find any, I have a few bottles and I can make an IP trade. =]

31. Old Rumskull > BA Numbskull.

domtronzero likes this.
  32. jodan

jodan Initiate (0) California Jul 24, 2008

Anything in the Pasadena/Glendale-ish area? I really don't want to go hunting for this, and don't think I should have to, but I haven't even seen the regular Bigfoot either. SN's distributor here is absolute horseshit.

33. rmaste6282

rmaste6282 Savant (380) California Apr 30, 2009

Looks like BA Bigfoot has started to trickle in to San Diego.

34. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Savant (265) California Nov 29, 2012

I've seen it for $14.99 - $19.99

35. rmaste6282

rmaste6282 Savant (380) California Apr 30, 2009

Any San Diego BevMo's yet?

36. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Savant (265) California Nov 29, 2012

That's where they were for $14.99 Some Bevmo's had 1 bottle limit some just wanted the things gone lol

37. Oceanside got 60 bottles last week but Markstein, the distributor figured out they they got too much and took most of it back. I don;t know where it is getting re-distributed.

JustXBeer likes this.
  38. Total Wine in Rancho Cucamonga got in 1 case today, I opened it took 1 at $13.99! Enjoy!

39. danwho

danwho Savant (405) California Feb 18, 2010

Just bought one at BottleCraft on India, SD. $15ish.

CurtFromHershey likes this.