1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BA Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by mikeincharleston, Jan 19, 2013.

1. What's it pulling? I see offers but don't know what trades have happened.

2. gklover1

gklover1 Savant (255) Colorado Oct 18, 2009

I'd love to know what I am gonna have to give up to get this as well. (Note: I haven't reached out to trading partners yet, if that isn't obvious.) Completed trade info appreciated.

3. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (540) California Aug 11, 2007

The beer hasn't even hit distro yet. It's going to be everywhere in the next week or two. I wouldn't be surprised if most trades haven't happened.

woodchopper likes this.
  4. gklover1

Thanks. Appreciate the info. I have been super busy, both at work and home, so a little checked out on the scene.

5. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (540) California Aug 11, 2007

Heard that about 15,000 bottles were made. The beer is damn good given what a few of the homies told me too, but no need to give up your cellar for one.

That said, can't wait to try one tomorrow.

gklover1 likes this.
  6. gklover1

Report back with your personal opinion, if you would.

Sorry...I feel a little like I am jacking your trade. :oops:

7. No it's cool. This is the type of stuff I'm looking for

8. gklover1

Trade = thread

9. Marti403

Marti403 Savant (470) Michigan Jul 23, 2011

Trading 2 2011 Kuhnhenn BBBW for a bottle. Pretty much even $4$ trade.

10. About $16 out of my wallet.

11. Waiting patiently
    OK maybe not so patiently........... :rolleyes:

12. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

anyone know if BA bigfoot will hit manhattan? i'm kind of drunk so i'm just asking shit in random threads.

davey101, sandman3479, Etan and 2 others like this.
  13. Wait if CA releases a $16 off shelf release with 15,000 bottles, does it trade for $30/bottle brewery only releases from Illinois?

Reciprocity.

davey101, huadog, vacax and 10 others like this.
  14. Azrael

Azrael Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2013

It'll nevar be made again tho!!!!!!! Until it is.

davey101 likes this.
  15. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

I post an ISO rather quickly when I saw it came out and just ended up shipping our boxes yesterday.

For 4 BA Bigfeet, I traded 750ml Black Note, 4 pack of BBPT5, 3 KBS. Extras included, of course. We're both pretty happy and its close on $4$ and availability.

16. Doesn't appear that my part of MO will receive any through distribution. Very unfortunate.

17. I thought SierraNevadaBill said in a post that it will be limited to the brewery's area only with some draft being distributed. Maybe it was a dream.

18. harrymel

harrymel Initiate (0) Washington Dec 15, 2010

I dream a guy I know might be able to score one for me. ;)

forgetfu and daysinthewake like this.
  19. What I read even worried me. Like it was going to be mostly Chico area only with possibly some in other parts of CA. We'll see.

20. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

my ex girlfriend lives in chico i think, but i'm not sure she'd appreciate our first contact in 7 years being "go-and-pick-it-up-for-me-bro". oh well.

21. forgetfu and harrymel like this.
  22. Hugonaut13

Hugonaut13 Advocate (710) Illinois Nov 29, 2012

You drive a hard bargain. My Battle Priest is yours for a bottle...

davey101 and Steimie like this.
  23. Any way we can work a bully guppy into the mix? Not tryin to get ripped off here

24. Hugonaut13

Hugonaut13 Advocate (710) Illinois Nov 29, 2012

ehhhh, I understand where you're coming from. That's a bit much though. I'm trying not to lose here. How about a small animal big machines?

25. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (435) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

If this doesn't work out I can offer a Lambeak wants Blood Orange

davey101, JohnB87 and Hugonaut13 like this.
  26. How are their also no reviews for this yet?

27. A) don't know how there are no reviews yet

B) traded 1 plus a Supplication for HF Arthur and 2 HF Twilight of the Idols which matched up $4$. Trading another to a regular trading partner as part of a larger box and he's sending back whatever he wants, I'm sure it's good stuff though. Drinking 1 soon and cellaring the other.

28. Had PTSD when you mentioned it and had to be committed. Thanks.

29. I know that it's pretty scarce. Was able to get one, which was the bottle limit. And the store only had a case. Most stores are gonna have just one case if they even get any at all. It's mostly all up in Chico and won't have very much distro.

30. Is this confirmed? I got mines, but I've heard different things. Someone said 40 cases in NH. I know it was scarce in my area. But my area is a dead zone for rarer beers

31. It's what I heard from some of the beer guys at the stores. They said that chains would probably only see 3 cases. If that. And the TW where I got mine sold out in a matter of hours. One bottle limit. A buddy that picked his up at the brewery said that many of the bottles were being sold there.

32. vacax

vacax Advocate (620) California Jun 3, 2008

Very similar bottle count to Rare as well, would you look at that?

33. I heard the same thing from the beer guy at the store I go to. But I hear that other states are also getting alot. So who knows. I got mine.

34. So has anyone besides me traded it or traded for it? I'm curious as to why I haven't seen it on the ISO:FT forums yet.

35. ncaudle

ncaudle Advocate (610) Virginia May 28, 2010

wonder if some reviews will pop up from it being poured at Raleigh Rare & Vintage this past weekend?
    (not a bottle I'm going to seek out... thought it was average at best)

36. There are some reviews up now. I did one of them.

37. these things are a lot harder to get in the midwest, where each store only gets a case and places a 1 bottle limit, so you have to drive around to multiple sto-... oh.

38. I figure its not trading much cause A. No hype B. no real word of how much is going to get out of California and C. Not enough reviews to hype it yet. I just want some

39. Full disclosure: about a 3-4 oz pour at this fest, and it was about halfway through the night. I thought that it was decent, but I would rather drink CW BBBW or Sucaba.

40. CenCalMario

CenCalMario Savant (285) California Jan 12, 2009

I'm looking forward to a side by side w/ Sucaba next month. Two heavyweights head to head.