1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BA Dynasty Baseball Hints & Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by DStoked, Feb 22, 2013.

1. DStoked

DStoked Savant (320) Ohio Sep 28, 2011

The first package has landed, so we'll get this started. Probably more hauls than hints at this point. Share away...
  2. My eagle will land in a state with a awesome library in on of the major cities, on Saturday provided the package doesn't run into problems with this winter storm Q
  3. My box left sunny NorCal yesterday en route to a town that is quite close to one I traveled to last September.
  4. RayUF07

RayUF07 Advocate (625) Florida Sep 22, 2012

I'm shipping tomorrow around lunch. I was able to hit 7 wants for my target, and one more that should have been.
  5. pjl44

pjl44 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Oct 3, 2008

Mine is scheduled to land today. Hoping the storm didn't delay things as the FedEx tracking hasn't updated since Tuesday.
  6. Yea mine is slated to land tomorrow but hasn't updated since it said it was leaving Chicago two days ago. It's still claiming its enrout and on time for delivery tomorrow.
  7. Make sure it doesn't get held up anywhere to cold over a weekend and of its going to the Midwest FedEx is pretending they've never seen snow
  8. RayUF07

Box from DStoked, arrived yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. RayUF07

Box was from our fearless commish, and he was able to send me a box of mostly Ohio locals that I wanted, very nice box thank you sir! I can't wait to try some of these out!

List:
    Great Lakes BA Blackout Stout
    Great Lakes Blackout Stout
    Great Lakes Alchemy Hour DIPA (2)
    Columbus IPA (2)
    Founders Centennial IPA (2)
    Founder's Dirty Bastard
    Fat Head's Head Hunter IPA (2)
    Thirsty Dog Siberian Night
  10. welp theres a box out for delivery in the northwest, someones gettings some chicago/midwest goodies on their porch today!

note... this post is king Felix approved.
  11. I'm kinda in the NW.
  12. nope more north bud :D sorry...
  13. RayUF07

The King Felix should give it away...
  14. Should but my target hasn't really talked that much via email or here. Hope he enjoys his box tho
  15. I was pretty sure it wasn't me, not quite close enough to Seattle.
  16. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (265) Washington Jul 18, 2012

Awesome Haul from Jacob today. All wants. As soon as I figure out how to sync up my ipad to my computer, I'll post the picture!
  17. i always pull pics from my phone like this jeff

go to http://imgur.com/ and upload the picture
    chose the second option and copy that code

then place that text between two of these [ then the letters img then another ] with the second one having a / before the img]
  18. pjl44

Update on my package:

On Friday, an update from Wednesday posted saying it was In Transit from Lenexa, KS, but the estimated delivery changed from 2/22 to N/A. Nothing has changed since then, so if I don't have another update today, I'll call FedEx tomorrow morning.
  19. pjl44

Ah...some good news. Arrived in Phoenix this afternoon and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Not Phoenix, though. Also not New York, Rio, or Paris. I'll be relieved when this circus is over and my box hits the porch.
  20. Lordkrystic

21. Lordkrystic

Ha! There we go, thanks for the advice....i actually didn't do that, but it made me think of another way! Hahahaha. Awesome box man...the bourbon county, two hearted, coffee bender, bender, ninja vs unicorn ten fidy are already drained! It's been a couple of great days! Hahahaha. Thanks a lot man. Really appreciated.
  22. Glad you've enjoyed the stuff that n vs u is damn good and the bcs should be pretty good since its had a decent chunk of time to sit.
  23. Lordkrystic

It was really good, ranked it at 4.5 on my Untappd. I love BCS Hot or Cold!
  24. pjl44

If you live in....

[​IMG]

....there is a package on your porch.
  25. tx_beer_man

tx_beer_man Savant (260) Texas Jan 22, 2013

Box shipped out from Tejas...Destination: EAST COAST
  26. jh1982

jh1982 Savant (270) Nevada Mar 3, 2004

Okay, just got home to find Peter's box. This box is absolutely ridiculous, thanks a ton for all the great beer and extras!

Hill Farmstead Double Galaxy
    Hill Farmstead Fear and Trembling
    Hill Farmstead Florence
    Hopping Frog BA Naked Evil
    50/50 Eclipse Old Fitz
    2X Jack's Abbey Hoponius Union
    2X Heady Topper
    Lawson's Triple Play IPA

Swag:
    Rob Neyers book of baseball blunders
    stack of baseball cards of my favorite team (Red Sox)
  27. RayUF07

Very nice box! We need some pics!
  28. I have to say, what happened to the 72 oz requirement?! People are blowing that away!
  29. RayUF07

Yeah, I think I ended up sending in the 150-175 range if I recall correctly. I just couldn't keep it down to that low, and the $20 was impossible to keep to.
  30. pjl44

Bah...who's here to follow rules? Enjoy, man! Figured I had to make the box nice if I was going to send you Bucky Dent and Bill Buckner cards.
  31. Lordkrystic

That's proper right there.
  32. Just feeling that my box will look a little weak compared to these. I think I might have to grab a few more beers this weekend and pack up another box.
  33. RayUF07

I wouldn't sweat it. Extras are....well, extras. We've all felt that way before. I think it always works itself out in the end.
  34. Lordkrystic

Nahhhh. Your box is just fine. Props to PLJ44 for knocking up a porch. I'm sure everyone one here has bent one over, and has in turn been bent over. It's the beauty of what we are doing.
  35. True, I've been trading for 7 years, but it's been awhile since I felt my box wasn't up to snuff. I sent extras, but not that many extras.

Thanks.
  36. Lordkrystic

Heading East on Monday....will hit a couple of wants for sure. One of my best friends, Karl Sawyer moved to this state a few years ago.
  37. DonFrap

DonFrap Savant (480) Massachusetts Feb 27, 2011

So the box I sent to my target was actually intended for someone else! Good news for my target is you can keep that beer and I will be sending you another package.
    Bad news is that you won't be getting a growler of double galaxy now :(
  38. My somewhat inadequate box is landing today. Hopefully he likes it!

It's near a city I visited last September for the first time since the fall of 2000. Back then the local team was still feeling "the curse".
  39. DStoked

DStoked Savant (320) Ohio Sep 28, 2011

Sounds like a couple boxes landing in the next few hours. Looking forward to some good pics and good drinking tonight!