1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BA Hemel and Aarde

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by goodbetterbestbested, Jan 18, 2013.

1. i had hemel and aarde today and i really liked it. i thought a BA version would be amazing and i see that it does exist, but i'm not sure what to offer. i don't want to go international so i'm sure that makes things harder. anyone know bottle count on the BA versions, or any information about the releases?

thanks

2. Jeffo

Jeffo Advocate (640) Netherlands Sep 7, 2008

There are two BA versions of Hemel & Aarde:

H&A Bruichladdich BA: Two bottlings of this. The first was in '09 and were in nip bottles, while the second batch in 2011 came in 33cl format. There aren't any more around in these parts at least. Anyone who has one in the USA got it while on holiday, through trade, or through the grape vine.

H&A Bouwmore / Caol Ila BA: This is relatively new; released at the 2012 Borefts Festival at the brewery. There may be some still at the brewery, but there was no distro. Anyone who has it got it the same way they got the Bruichladdich version.

These are probably still floating around in stashes here in the Low Countries, but there will be very few in the States. If you find yourself in Europe, you could probably trade for both of them rather easily.

Cheers,
    Jeff

3. yeah, i guessed that anyone who had it over here traded for it and would probably not be looking to trade it away.

thanks for the information, seems unlikely that i'll find it domestically

4. The H&A Bruichladdich BA in the nip form are the ones to seek out. I had this once and thought it was one of the best beer I've ever had, it was carbonated. The 33cl's I've since acquired in a trade but are, like most de molen barrel aged, completely flat. I still think they make amazing BA beers, even though they are mostly flat, and are worth seeking out. I also got the H&A Bouwmore / Caol Ila BA, but haven't tried it yet. This one is actual for sale on etre right now if you really interested.

5. wish i could, all the BA de molen stuff on there sounds awesome but i can't spend that much on shipping. thanks for the info man.