1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BA hosted fest in California?

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by dwagner003, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Hey Bros,

Any plans on having a Beer Fest in CA? With the huge beer following in San Diego, I bet it would be very successful. Just curious. I know I'd attend!
  2. Todd

Todd Founder (1,430) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

No plans at the moment, but we are actively looking to host a BA Fest outside of Boston, MA.
    BeerKangaroo, papat444 and madmanjf like this.
  3. charlzm

charlzm Advocate (710) California Sep 3, 2007

ISO BA West Coast fest.
    mreaber09, frankd97, j47paco and 5 others like this.
  4. I say San Diego, SF or Portland. SF has a million different venues to host a beer fest as does Portland. I'm not familiar enough with SD to proclaim anything there, but it'd be a great excuse to go back and visit again.
    BeerKangaroo likes this.
  5. shredder83

shredder83 Savant (420) Illinois Feb 21, 2013

I vote Chicago, there's way more craft lovers in Chicago than San Diego by sheer population density....plus that would be epic.
    ivorycannon likes this.
  6. I would go to California for this.
    BeerKangaroo likes this.
  7. cwehr13

cwehr13 Savant (345) Illinois Aug 4, 2011

Agree about being in Chicago.
    shredder83 likes this.
  8. mudbug

mudbug Savant (490) Oregon Mar 27, 2009

I vote San Diego in the winter for the obvious reason (Hawaii would be OK too)
    BeerKangaroo and dianimal like this.
  9. limited87

limited87 Initiate (0) California Jan 4, 2014

Yea, but us CAers don't want to wear 5 layers of coats to walk outside.

I like the fact it was 67degrees Sunday.

SF would be awesome. So many great Bay Area beers, plus you could coordinate with the SF Beer Week people to get ideas/tips.

Look at it this way-why pick someone where it could very easily be freezing cold, vs. somewhere the low temp is about 50 degrees?
  10. I know it'll never happen (customs and what not) but Montreal would welcome you kindly :)
    SebD likes this.
  11. While I would totally support a BA Fest in walking distance to the Weiner's Circle (chocolate shake), SoCal attendance would be crazy.
  12. colforbin73

colforbin73 Savant (310) California Mar 30, 2010

there is an SF Beer Fest.... but it is SF. anyway... you could do a semi rural Beer Fest with some cool bands out in the woods, close to where i live or not too far, accessible by obscure backroads or bigger ones. like a fairgrounds kind of spot with a sausage vendor.

there should be some bluesy rootsy music during the day and then a progressive punk type band at night.

thanks! i'll take my answer off the air.
  13. charlzm

ISO - BA LA Beer Fest.
    FT - $75
  14. charlzm

If we're going by sheer population density, then let's go with Los Angeles. It's central to the area: only a couple of hours away by car from San Diego and about 5 hours from Las Vegas and San Francisco.
  15. Long time listener first time caller. San Francisco would be a great choice. Transportation from SFO and Okland airports just a few dollars via the Bart (Bay Area Rapid Transit). Plenty of hotels, motels and hostels for those who roll like that. Goood breweries close by and for those that have love for the home brew, 2013 Home brewer of the year is a short drive away in Sacramento.