1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bug BA not behaving with IE9 Back Button

Discussion in 'Site' started by VikeMan, Aug 29, 2012.

1. VikeMan

VikeMan Advocate (740) Pennsylvania Jul 12, 2009

Lately, whenever I click the back button in Internet Explorer 9, it often does not respond until I have clicked multiple times. I'm only having this issue on BA. Investigating a little... When I right click on the back button, I see that there are 'pages' queued up in between the page I'm sitting on and the page I had come from. Therfore it takes multiple clicks to get back, while not actually displaying the extra 'pages.' But the number of extra clicks needed seems to correspond exactly to the number of extra pages. The typical extra 'page' looks like this...

http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/twe

Is there something in the BA html code that is causing this?
  2. VikeMan

VikeMan Advocate (740) Pennsylvania Jul 12, 2009

Okay, I found a workaround. I put twitter.com in my "restricted sites" in my security settings, and now the twitter URLs no longer appear in the back button queue and one click does the trick. This is fine as long as I never want to actually use twitter.com I guess. Still, why is BA loading twitter URLs in such a way that they appear in the back button queue?
    Beerandraiderfan likes this.
  3. Thanks I was having the same problem.