Dismiss Notice
Sneak peek! BeerAdvocate magazine #104 (September 2015) featuring Leah & Oscar from Highland Brewing in Asheville, North Carolina. Learn more ...
Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest BeerAdvocate updates delivered to your inbox.

BA Speedway Stout '12

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Schlais, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Schlais

Schlais Savant (340) Minnesota Sep 28, 2011 Verified

I just saw they're releasing tickets for BA Speedway Stout today, and was wondering what are people asking for. I know previous years it was very limited and is only released once in a while, and demand was very high! I heard this year it's $27 with a 4 bottle limit, but don't know the bottle count.

2. goveia75

goveia75 Savant (275) Oregon Mar 20, 2011

I think that's difficult to answer at this point in time, given that we don't know specifics (taste, bottle count), but as of now it appears as if BA Speedway owners and those seeking it out are on opposite sides of the spectrum (owners looking for very limited and/or retired stuff; seekers offering locals). I'd say give it several days or a week or so for the dust to settle and you'll get a better idea of what it's actually trading for.

3. Walezzzzzzzz bro...walezzzzzzzz

2beerdogs and Photekut like this.
  4. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Let's get another midwest vs. west coast thread going. BA 9000 should land 2 BA Speedways. Reasoning? My location.

Levitation, the floor is yours.

5. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (585) California Aug 11, 2007 Verified

I'm going to make a new trade value topic on every single new beer I ever see or hear about. Even though I don't have it, won't get it, or probably don't care about it, I sure as hell want to create a thread to talk about it and "what it takes". I want to know bottle counts and prices of every beer so I can blog about it.

Etan and exitmusic00 like this.
  6. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Why don't you just look at the release thread to find out the basic information, and then make educated guesses about what it'll go for? You have access to exactly as much information as the rest of us.

7. Well, some folks do have inside scoops, etc. I would reckon that is what the OP is after.

8. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (445) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

I was going to wait until the BCS Cherry Rye release to troll the West Coast guys since it's a shelf beer, but this is a good start.

claaark13 likes this.
  9. stupac2

On what it's trading for? No one can know more than a handful of those, and since the release as like 3 hours ago I doubt many people have arranged trades at all.

10. Sorry, I was thinking of the last piece of his comment, bottle count, which some folks use in their valuation equations.

11. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I have 6 that I will trade ( BASS ) - probably going to be asking for 2x BCBS variant per. $27 versus $15 per variant, I'd toss in an Alpine bomber to make up the $3. Going to hold on to them a bit until Coffee and Cherry are released.

stxSS07 likes this.
  12. stupac2

I figured that would be widely known, but it looks like they didn't say in their release. Odd. Oh well, I guess I change my complaint to "making a trade thread instead of posting in the release thread, especially only 3 hours after the release, is crass".

eyeenjoybeer likes this.
  13. apocalypsezombie

apocalypsezombie Initiate (0) May 12, 2012

... It may become time that you and I complete a trade then..

14. evilc

I'd be down. I'm sure I'll trade half my BASS for mo4r BCBS! Just the variants though - BCBS is coming to CA this month and I have a bunch from other trades already =)

apocalypsezombie likes this.
  15. You got one to share with an old friend? If so, see you the 16th! ;)

16. evilc

Crap - when would you get there? We check out of our hotel Friday morning but will be there awhile.... ( in the parks )

17. I'd head down right after work Thursday.

evilc likes this.
  18. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

If I only get 2 Coffee (which would be 1 more than I got last year), they're all yours. I want to try BA Speedway real bad like.

19. claaark13

claaark13 Advocate (715) Indiana Nov 29, 2007 Verified

Shelf beer whale wars are awesome. Probably my favorite part of Beer Trading 2012.

We need to get some shelf Leon and shelf Twilight involved in this as well. Maybe a dash of shelf Upland Persimmon with notes of shelf Black Note. Oh, and shelf Beatification and shelf CBS. Wait, I nearly forgot shelf Rare.