1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bad Oberon?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by bunique686, Feb 8, 2013.

1. I picked up a pack today dated 9/07/12. Well short story I drank one, and 30 mins later sick. Bad beer? Or bad timing to be sick

2. That happened to me with a fresh one ;). But seriously, that's fairly old for a wheat beer but I wouldn't think it would make you sick?

3. I feel a lot better after the mess of it all. I don't I guess time will tell or another beer tomorrow

4. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Champion (840) Michigan May 8, 2006

Some people may have issues with a specific ingredient in a beer, a lot of people do not tolerate yeast very well, but outside of that there is nothing that can really make you sick that is going to live in your beer.

Mothergoose03 likes this.
  5. steveh

steveh Advocate (705) Illinois Oct 8, 2003

Oberon is Bell's "summer" seasonal. Surprised it was still on the shelves.

6. GFG

GFG Savant (295) North Dakota Oct 24, 2012

I love Bell's but fu**ing hate Oberon. Beer really can't make you sick unless you're allergic or sensitive to an ingredient in it.

7. deadbody

deadbody Savant (340) Minnesota May 10, 2010

Yeah, I doubt the beer went bad, you may have had a reaction to one specific thing they brewed it with.

I can't drink Sam Adams beers, I've tried with like 3 different kinds purchased at different places/times. more than 1 in a day and I wake up the next moring with the worst hangover ever. Even if I only drink like 3 over the course of an evening and am not even remotely drunk. I wake up feeling so terrible it isn't funny.