Bad Trader Alert: CJS

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by kdmcguire10, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdmcguire10

kdmcguire10 Savant (365) Michigan Jul 15, 2011

Dear Fellow BA's

I regret to have to do this but I feel strongly I need to protect the BA community. I was contacted by CJS (http://beeradvocate.com/community/members/cjs.701035/) today and he informed me he would not be sending his end of the trade (his Huna for my Dark Lord), after he’s already received my Dark Lord. CJS and I had traded together one other time where I sent him a CBS, Black Note and a Pt5 in exchange for a RareR DOS growler.

CJS accused me of opening the CBS, filling the bottle with some shit beer, and then sending that bottle to him. His rationale was that it had been taped and waxed and “didn’t taste like CBS”. I bought the CBS at Founders myself, so I know the bottle has not been compromised. An accusation like this I take VERY seriously and am angered that another BA would even suggest I’d do something like this.

I've made a lot of good friends on here and would hope they'd vouch that I'd never do something so sinister.

He said he feels he was ripped off, so I could send him money for his expenses or just let him keep the Dark Lord. Sounds awfully fishy to me.

I’m sorry to have to post this, but I’m pretty upset. I see this guy all over the threads and don't want anyone else to go through this.

- Kris -

2. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (810) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

That's complete bullshit. , I have traded with you and know you are a solid trader and would never pull anything like that. He probably doesn't even have a HunA. Sounds like he's ripping you off

3. sendsilk

sendsilk Advocate (500) Florida Aug 31, 2007

You sent him all three of those for a RareR DOS growler? Sounds like you were the one who was originally ripped off!

4. Just curious, why did he agree to trade with you again if he felt you ripped him off on the first trade? Accusing someone of faking a beer is a pretty big allegation and I certainly wouldn't set up another trade with someone I thought was doing something like that.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Smurf2055 and match1112 like this.
  5. blvdlvr

blvdlvr Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2012

maybe he did'nt realize CBS has fallen off. Mistook it for "shit beer".

6. Squidly

Squidly Savant (450) New Jersey Nov 26, 2006

Wait, so he springs this on you during a seperate trade?

GrumpyOldTroll likes this.
  7. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

What a freakin' jackass.

Smurf2055, funhog, gcamparone and 7 others like this.
  8. Treebs

Treebs Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 18, 2011

I've been fishy about this guy every since we tried to set up a trade for RareR Dos and he demanded I ship first so my beer could make it in time for NYE. Sorry you got screwed in this ordeal.

match1112 likes this.
  9. cocoapuph

cocoapuph Savant (390) California Mar 4, 2011

total horsesh*t! i have traded with Kris a few times short of a dozen and all trades have been on point. You are a class act and all around great guy who would never do anything like this...

if this is the case... i want to apologize to every trader i have ever traded with since i also tape the caps on each beer for my own piece of mind that the cap doesnt leak. I must have opened them all, drank them and refilled them with something else before taping them up. o_O

Sorry you had to go through an experience like this man. You definitely do not deserve it.

ps, i wonder when the last time this CJS fellow had a CBS. I'm sure its changed a lot in flavors since its release.

Thecherryman likes this.
  10. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

So he traded with you once and wasn't satisfied, so he set up another trade just so he could rob you out of some beers for compensation?

Fuck that shit.

tronto, gcamparone, mdvatab and 35 others like this.
  11. kdmcguire10

Yes, he sprung this on me after he received the Dark Lord.

12. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

He has CBS listed on his gots. Wonder if he even drank the bottle you sent him.

13. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

Aww hell naw, hold my earrings.

14. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (530) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

So all that DL I drank was just some dude's jizz in a bottle?!

dear god.

15. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

16. kdmcguire10

I don't know at what point he was dis-satisfied. I guess we set up a 2nd trade before he drank the CBS.

Smurf2055 likes this.
  17. Photekut

Photekut Initiate (0) Tennessee Mar 31, 2006

Too bad this thread will be deleted when CJS posts and calls everyone an asshole or whatever is inevitably going to happen.

18. sendsilk

sendsilk Advocate (500) Florida Aug 31, 2007

Yes, but that's what Dark Lord is supposed to taste like!

Smurf2055, jacob4999, Squidly and 4 others like this.
  19. Would it be possible to screenshot or somehow save these posts to link to these folks in the Bad Trader List?

OP, condolences.

20. dbc5

dbc5 Savant (455) Ohio Jun 18, 2009

Why did you set up another trade with him after he accused you of trading a bogus CBS? I sympathize with you on this and feel it is a complete dick move on his part (he clearly set up a trade with no intention of reciprocating in order to "get you back"), but this just screams of a situation that you should have avoided.

Also, what "expenses" is he refering to that you should pay him for? The shipping of the RareR DOS growler?

21. mobius387

mobius387 Savant (415) Florida Dec 5, 2010

can you post personal info on here? this guy is shady, type of person who would make another account and screw more people over.

the CJS account is only a few months old, could be a repeat offender already from a different name.

22. So did he accuse you of the CBS swap immediately after that trade, or after you guys agreed to the DL/Huna trade? If you set up the most recent trade after he accused you, shame on you. If he waited until he received the DL to come out with the CBS story then I believe his trading days here may be numbered. If he truly believed you did that, I would have expected to see a warning thread from him instead of you.

Edit: Question was answered while I was typing.

23. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Savant (455) New York Jun 7, 2005

No.

Smurf2055, woosterbill and Gosox8787 like this.
  24. mahak213

mahak213 Savant (325) New York Mar 5, 2012

"This beer I've never had before doesn't taste like I expected it to, therefore it must not be the correct beer inside..."

...what a jackass. Sorry to hear about this dude, hopefully he pulls his head out of his ass after he sees this thread and sends his end of the deal.

Pahn and match1112 like this.
  25. I always just assume my trading partners refill the bottles with shitty homebrew but I keep trading because I like the hurt.

26. cfrances33

cfrances33 Champion (760) Illinois Jun 12, 2012

Personal information cant get put here, or the thread will get nuked. His name and personal info will show up on the bad trader spreadsheet.

sleuthdog, BobZ and Gosox8787 like this.
  27. He needs put on the bad trader list immediately. If he was dissatisfied with a trade, handle it the right way. Don't hold a bottle from a subsequent trade ransom because you're paranoid. What an asshat.

28. kdmcguire10

We set up a 2nd trade before he accused me of this. I shipped my end right away and a week later he springs this on me

29. Hugonaut13

Hugonaut13 Advocate (720) Illinois Nov 29, 2012

*adds another to my personal do not trade with list*

I've never traded with kdmcguire10, but I know people who have and nothing other then "excellent trader" has been said about him.

CJS, send him his beer.

30. I like that you're listed in CJS's profile under "ALL GREAT TRADERS! THANKS GUYS!!!"

31. kdmcguire10

Non
    he waited until he received the Dark Lord

32. I just saw this as well and lol'd.

33. Rau71

Rau71 Initiate (0) California Dec 12, 2011

OP if it makes you feel any better he has you listed on his profile as a great trader. Sorry you got screwed.

34. JohnGalt1

JohnGalt1 Advocate (710) Idaho Aug 10, 2005

No matter what happens in this thread (barring personal info and direct threats), I hope this does NOT get deleted.

This is one that needs eyes on for a good time to come.

35. Kris is good people; can't imagine he would do something as low as bottle fraud (yea, that's what I'm calling the accusation). You got a problem with a bottle? Bring it up the second you know about it. This was a premeditated decision by the accused to in essence "steal" the Dark Lord in retaliation to what he perceives to be a fraudulent bottle of a beer he has never tasted. Fuck that noise.

36. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

You have listed in your gots that you have a Hunahpu already. I'm assuming the trade was for another one or did you tick the gots marker too fast?

Either way, bullshit. I've never come across him at any get togethers down here.

37. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Ok, this one is certainly a DICK MOVE.

What say you CJS? Let us all please hear how you KNOW this was a bogus CBS. And please don't accuse me of being molested as a child or say you want to sex up my dead mother, k?

38. Duffman929

Duffman929 Savant (380) Illinois Nov 27, 2010

Some would say that you ended up with a better taste by not having DL.

Damnit! For once I thought I was going to have a comment before Mongo in one of these threads. Son of a....

marcgo2 likes this.
  39. marcgo2

marcgo2 Aficionado (235) Illinois Nov 16, 2010

Sent from your Mom's basement? :)

MordorMongo likes this.
  40. marcgo2

marcgo2 Aficionado (235) Illinois Nov 16, 2010

Please send me all your CBS and I will verify it's contents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.