1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Bad Trader Alert: CJS

Discussion in 'Beer Trading General / Help' started by kdmcguire10, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ant880

ant880 Member

I would pay a decent amount of money to hear, not only, the phone conversation with the person who picked up at Founders, but the conversation at the bar among the employees that night when they began discussing the momo who called asking about electrical tape and waxed CBS bottles.
  2. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Member

I'll take a stab at what was said right after the phone was hung up: "fucking beer advocate"
  3. jaIsPoAn

jaIsPoAn Member

Hahahaha what a moron
  4. abecall98

abecall98 Member

Wow, CJS is really twenty twelving it up in here!

I can't be so quick to call him a beer thief or anything of that nature quite yet, because out of all of this, he is only up a single Dark Lord. Not sure a thief would settle so low. I honestly think this CJS guy really thinks he got screwed, but is too stubborn to make it right. CJS, just send the Hunahpus and call it a day, you are only digging your hole further here.

What a thread!
  5. marcgo2

marcgo2 Member

I tried this once, but screwed up and filled the bottle of Rare with Bud Light. :)
    luwak likes this.
  6. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Member

Dude is sending back DL therefore will escape the bad trader list. Reason #224 for an official DICK MOVE list as this qualifies ole boy for like slot #4 or 5.
  7. surlytheduff

surlytheduff Member

He needs to send a money order to cover the guy's initial shipping as well. Trader's remorse for landing a bottle past it's prime in a previous trade isn't justification for screwing someone out of $10 - $15 dollars of shipping costs.
  8. KevSal

KevSal Member

only reasonable conclusion im afraid...
    franklinn, Pahn and Romulux like this.
  9. FanClub

FanClub Member

You should definitely make a dick move google doc
    tut2528 and beercules101 like this.
  10. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Member

This thread is lilt the same thing as being on the bad traders list. Who would trade with this moron now?
  11. FanClub

FanClub Member

it will get deleted, probably sooner than later
    luisc123 likes this.
  12. brees6221

brees6221 Member

And the ISO:FT thread has been nuked, shocker. I think the details of the final arrangement need to be posted here as well so the OP can update when he receives a box and verifies it is indeed an authentic DL with original wax bearing no evidence of tampering. Upon drinking said DL, he should also confirm that it tastes like the othes he had in the past. Not that this thread will last either, but the conversation obviously didn't belong in that forum.
  13. weatherdog

weatherdog Member

You think that's bad, I once got drunk while packing up boxes and filled up a Bud Light bottle with Rare. I need to get help for my dyslexia.
  14. sendsilk

sendsilk Member

Who the F wants Dark Lord over Hunahpu's? He needs to send the OP Hunahpu's per the original trade. Asshat.
  15. marcgo2

marcgo2 Member

See that can't be true or the space-time continuum would have stopped.
  16. sendsilk

sendsilk Member

Lol, sorry Scott! You even sent me a DL! Not that I'm hating it, but it's certainly no Hunahpu's!
  17. brees6221

brees6221 Member

Damn I hate censoring myself...but I can't risk the ban hammer in the middle of Super Bowl Squares shipping.
    ant880, jrnyc and GrumpyOldTroll like this.
  18. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Member

Dude no offense at all, why the hell do you think I sent it to you for free??! Hahahah
    oldp0rt, usofar, queens1130 and 6 others like this.
  19. ksurkin

ksurkin Member

everyone be on the lookout for a new user offering to trade Murcielago for whalez.
    franklinn, BobZ and GrumpyOldTroll like this.
  20. Steimie

Steimie Member

Or offering to trade CBS.
    franklinn and dachshunddude86 like this.
  21. Romulux

Romulux Member

That CBS is obviously a fake! Everyone knows Founders corks it before they cap, tape and wax it! You make CJS, angry!
    arniepnminne and KevSal like this.
  22. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Member

I took a step back and pontificated on this thread and the developments of the day, if you will. Seeing the ravenous reaction reminded me of my favorite poem and I felt the need to share in case some of you out there have never seen the following beautiful work of the English language :

"Fuck me like fried potatoes
    On the most beautifully hungry
    Morning of my God-damn life."

Thanks Mr. Brautigan.
  23. Rempo

Rempo Member

OP, have you ever taped and waxed a Cantillon bottle? That would be boss.
  24. dachshunddude86

dachshunddude86 Member

25. marcgo2

marcgo2 Member

Fine, deleted.
  26. dachshunddude86

dachshunddude86 Member

And mine is edited. Just making sure that no one gets in more trouble thanks to this piece of flaccid fecal matter
  27. Ohsaycanyoubeer

Ohsaycanyoubeer Member

How about you two should have given yourself some time to work things out before going straight to the public forums? Those messages were from TODAY!
    Auror and Bobbyearl like this.
  28. Steimie

Steimie Member

Nah, I'm glad the antics of CJS were made public right away, especially since he had just posted a ISO:FT thread.
    bryanole27, JulianB, BobZ and 8 others like this.
  29. dachshunddude86

dachshunddude86 Member

Says the guy from Orlando...

Also this^
    LambicKing, franklinn and BobZ like this.
  30. Ohsaycanyoubeer

Ohsaycanyoubeer Member

No. You give someone the benefit of the doubt to make things right. You try to work something out. Then if that doesn't work... it goes to the public forums.

Regardless of the facts, and I do believe that OP is in the right, it seems a little childish and whiny to come here so quickly.
  31. kdmcguire10

kdmcguire10 Member

I normally would have but saw a lot of posts in the FT/ISO forums and felt a certain duty to protect any other potential victims
  32. tewaris

tewaris Member

Umm, what doubt? That his evil cat wrote the emails to the OP?
    Romulux, sliverX and lurchingbeast like this.
  33. Steimie

Steimie Member

I have a CBS to trade you if you'd like...
  34. Ohsaycanyoubeer

Ohsaycanyoubeer Member

See... now there is a good answer.

I hope things work out for you. If they don't then I'll be more than willing to send a Hunahpu your way in March.
  35. mattafett

mattafett Member

Winter was really starting to drag on. Now it is gold everyday. Long live BA!!!!!!
  36. Ohsaycanyoubeer

Ohsaycanyoubeer Member

Oh come on. Orlando is a huge ass city.
  37. brees6221

brees6221 Member

Normally I'd agree with you if the person I'm dealing with is being rational. But accusing me of sending a fake beer, then holding beer you owe me hostage over it? At that point I have no faith in that person trying to make things right or working something out and I would want to make sure no one else gets screwed. I see nothing childish or whiny about the OP posting this how or when he did.
  38. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Member

I just wanted to chime in here briefly to let my fans know that I will not be posting anything funny in this thread. I know you are all expecting it. I feel it would be a waste of 'likes' since termination is imminent.
    ridglens, DogfishJoe, libbey and 29 others like this.
  39. Ohsaycanyoubeer

Ohsaycanyoubeer Member

I'm honestly surprised that sending fake beer doesn't happen more often - especially people refilling bottles of Rare with regular BCBS.
  40. mattafett

mattafett Member

I thought if it was an '09 bomber, that would be preferred.
    crushedvol likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.