Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine and get 12 issues / year of fresh beer content delivered to your door each month.

Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Bad Trader Alert: CJS

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by kdmcguire10, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdmcguire10

kdmcguire10 Savant (385) Michigan Jul 15, 2011

Whew. For a second there, I thought you were going to say the beer I sent you was fake too.

2. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

So, in other words, you are surprised more people aren't fucking douche canoes?

3. In other words... Yes.

You can go online and buy unused brewery labels... for example Whiskey BA Hunahpu's.

You then go buy bottles of Big Sound, remove the label, stick on the Whisky BA Hunahpu's... then either trade it or sell it to someone that cellars it until kingdom come.

In other words... I have no faith in humanity.

Bobbyearl likes this.
  4. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (810) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

Due to the fact CJS never responded to this thread proves to me the Op is in the right regardless if this was posted in haste of not , I would come in and defend myself if I felt I was in the right

dachshunddude86 likes this.
  5. sendsilk

sendsilk Advocate (545) Florida Aug 31, 2007 Verified

Yeah, it is pretty full of asses.

6. marcgo2

marcgo2 Savant (260) Illinois Nov 16, 2010 Verified

He responded in a different thread in the ISO:FT that has since been deleted.

7. blvdlvr

blvdlvr Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2012

the gad-fly of beer trading forums.

8. InebriatedJoker

Well that's not in here the thread that can get him banned for being a bad trader. This is where he should respond. I would

9. RC0032

RC0032 Aficionado (240) Illinois Mar 10, 2009 Verified

Let me guess...you are married 5+ years?

aasher, mdvatab, woosterbill and 2 others like this.
  10. MordorMongo

Seems like you have hatched a plan. Gotta be honest, the thought of how or why to fraud a whale has never crossed my mind. The fake JCN label thing was just an "experiment". Oh! ;)

Lordkrystic likes this.
  11. I'm really big on wine as well... It's extremely commonplace there and something that wine buyers need to pay attention to every single time they order. Just habit I guess.

12. tewaris

tewaris Advocate (605) Minnesota Jul 14, 2009

There, I gave you a like only for it to be taken away.

Gosox8787, deadbody and sliverX like this.
  13. Krumb

Krumb Savant (300) Texas Jan 30, 2008

No

Franch likes this.
  14. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

Release the hounds!!

15. MordorMongo

Way too late for that, dude has been chewed up and spit out already.

dachshunddude86 and BobZ like this.
  16. Romulux

Romulux Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 28, 2008

This...so much! Speaking as a "likes" troll it hurts so damn bad when all my hard work gets thrown away into the flaming hellhole of the bros whims and fancies.

Thank you for pointing out this very "important" issue. I will "unlike" your post as an honor to you, my friend!

17. this awesome to read, but what a turd

18. deadbody

deadbody Savant (375) Minnesota May 10, 2010 Verified

I think you are more a likes whore than troll. I can understand that as I feel that whenever I post something on the internet it is to make someone smile, or think, or wish for my death (that last one is usually the wife when I post about the life insurance policy).

To bring it slightly back onto topic, OP you got screwed like a cheap hooker here, CJS you are a doofus, send the man his beer.

Romulux likes this.
  19. Looks like he took you off his awesome trader list OP. so much for using him as a trade reference

20. ShanePB

ShanePB Champion (990) Pennsylvania Sep 6, 2010 Verified

Aww, poor guy couldn't taste the rare.

aasher likes this.
  21. luwak

luwak Savant (395) Arizona Mar 2, 2010 Verified

Brautigan was an idiotic genius....or well he was something....
    He loved to wax on about the beauty of simplicity but sure as hell never made high drama out of something as obviously simple and good as beer.

Funny you should mention him since Beer Advocate has more than once made me think of these lines of his:

"We could see the children's toys here and there, and we saw a game that the children had made themselves out of dirt, deer antlers and abalone shells, but the game was so strange that only children could tell what it was. Perhaps it wasn't a game at all, only the grave of a game..."

22. cavedave

cavedave Poobah (1,060) New York Mar 12, 2009 Verified

I put him on ignore after our trade, in which he sent first. Unpleasant experience, and I actually started a thread about it. Some of you folks posting on this thread gave me shit about it too. Oh you mean person, basically some of you said, you are too hard on the new trader. Well, oh boo hoo, who was right and who was wrong about that one? If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and has feathers it is a fucking duck. Perhaps everyone will be a little more careful now.

P.S. He used my name on his completed trade list, his didn't make it to mine. That is a tip off right there to all you new, or not so new, traders. Plus, if anyone would have contacted me I would have warned them. No one did. Maybe all you trusting folks out there will take the remarkably easy step of checking refs from now on.

P.P.S- can someone let me know if he has replied to this thread?

23. A) he hasn't replied to this thread.

And

B) this guy? http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/fails-not-epic-fails-but-fails.64443/

24. InebriatedJoker

No he didn't reply. He had a ISO :and replyed In there instead here-where it matters that should tell everyone what kind of person he is , never once did he on here (where it matters) did he try and defend himself

25. cavedave

cavedave Poobah (1,060) New York Mar 12, 2009 Verified

26. Absolutely... it's miserable. I want to go back to Denver :mad:

27. mishuggah

mishuggah Savant (310) Illinois Jul 14, 2009 Verified

I'm refusing to like this, but I do *Like* like it.

readbaron likes this.
  28. Bobbyearl

Bobbyearl Aficionado (170) Florida Jan 17, 2011

What is the bad trader spreadsheet you speak of? I rarely trade b/c I have met some really awesome people and just bottle swap with them, but on occassion I do trade. I have been very fortunate so far, and would like to keep that streak alive.

29. beernads

beernads Advocate (530) Florida May 4, 2012

30. wittyname

wittyname Savant (330) North Carolina Aug 4, 2012 Verified

More importantly -- what is the name of your dog in your avatar and is he/she drooling at the beer? If so, must send dog beer.

31. kdmcguire10

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and support. For me, today just reinforces that the BA community is comprised of 99.9% honest, decent folks who enjoy good beer and good friendships. There's the 0.1% out there who just aren't good people and it really bothered me that someone would even suggest I was in that group. I really do appreciate all the comments and your offers.

32. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

CJS are my 2.5 year old son's initials. Fuck....

NickWebster87, DogfishJoe and Rutager like this.
  33. Looks like he'll need to pick a different user name in 18 and 1/2 years then

34. Given that maple fades, and coffee fades, and CBS has both, and KBS is the base beer that doesn't exactly age great... I'm completely confused why anybody would expect their tastebuds to dance for them over this nearly 18 month old beer.

The guy is either trying to scam you, or... somebody at his tasting was running their mouth about it not being CBS, the group think kicked in and everybody agreed, and now he's trying to save face with his buddies by calling you out.

aasher, ehammond1, Czar_chasm and 4 others like this.
  35. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

My understanding was KBS is not the base beer?

36. Pretty sure they are the same base beer. It's regular FBS that is not the same base beer.

aasher, yamar68 and evilc like this.
  37. HevvyMetalHippie

HevvyMetalHippie Savant (400) Massachusetts Nov 16, 2010 Verified

So where does the OP and BA go from here? Does he just stay on the site, cause it looks like he's still on the ISO:FT boards. Or does he get run off the site? Also when people are deadbeats like this, could they theoretically just ditch one screen name and get another? This blows!

It really makes me appreciate it when people are trusting and ship boxes full of beers that they've traded, travelled, and shelled out $ for. What a bad taste in your mouth that must be left. But lets all celebrate the fact that most people are total weeners and there's a modicum of trust on this site! Cheers for legit Beer Advocates out there. As a n00b, and with these (albeit rare) shenanigans going on, its a wonder how any new traders get their feet wet!

38. kdmcguire10

After reading this thread and getting his inbox crushed by all you fine folks, he agreed to ship me back my box with the Dark Lord. That clearly wasn't his original plan though. I'll update everyone when/if that happens.

Not the result I really wanted, but it is fair. I'm only out my original shipping $.

39. Hugonaut13

Hugonaut13 Champion (780) Illinois Nov 29, 2012 Verified

I'm assuming he no longer has that Hunahpu. No reason to not send that to you.

40. He probably drank along with the CBS at the tasting.

Hanzo and Hugonaut13 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.