Dismiss Notice
Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Learn more about beer. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for as low as 68% off the single issue price.

Subscribe now →

Bad trader alert: Dewarner82

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by cfh64, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Aficionado (220) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

his last box arrived today, i wonder if i could have stopped it if i saw this thread earlier, if only just to have it destroyed.
  2. This guy seems to have a repertoire of DICK MOVES, he apparently lives somewhere near me though I have never seen his face anywhere and I go to the best beer bars in the are regularly. I think I may print his pic from facebook and keep it with me so I can confirm before I kick him in the nuts...
  3. cfh64

cfh64 Champion (785) Texas Aug 16, 2005 Verified

I assume you traded with him? Did he f you over as well?
  4. Jparkanzky

Jparkanzky Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

You said a growler broke per the tracking..... I find it interesting that he even sent you something.... so I would say all hope isn't lost at this point.

Has he sent you any other tracking numbers? How many boxes are due, and how on-time/late was he with the first tracking number?

Communication after breakage??? etc.??
    libbey likes this.
  5. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

This is the funniest SHIT ever, Pun intended. Maybe we can do a BIF were unbeknownst to the group, the person that ships last or goes the furthest past the shipping window gets one of these!! I bookmarked this page. I think I will send one to my boss.
    Flabbyjandro and NiceFly like this.
  6. yojimbo1

No, I sent him the tracking number. He told me the delivery guy came and said something in the box broke as everything was wet and smelling like beer. The tracking information that day said out for delivery and then wasn't delivered that day. Tracking said something like held for customs inspection which doesn't really make sense then the next day it was out for delivery again. Dan said it was repackaged and the only thing that broke was the growler and the labels on the bottles were smelly and sticky.

He said he was going to send my boxes on Friday, which was the last one in September. I have no tracking numbers. The only tracking numbers were the three I sent to him. The last time he messages me was the 26th. I should have received any packages last Friday or maybe early this week if he sent them.
  7. send another box, all broken glass.
  8. HopsJunkiedotcom

HopsJunkiedotcom Savant (470) Florida Dec 24, 2010 Verified

Fecal sampling barista of demon semen?

I think I like that one for this guy.
  9. yojimbo1

That's what the third box was. Grrrrr
  10. yojimbo1

Oh I misread that. Good idea but I've wasted enough money on him.
  11. huskermike12

huskermike12 Savant (485) Vermont Nov 14, 2011

This guy is awesome, except for the Longhorn Avatar. ;)
  12. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

We certainly have a front runner for DICK OF THE YEAR now don't we?

Just filed for a patent on that one too ;)
  13. My gf must have lied to me!
    suspect, MarkIntihar, Rempo and 5 others like this.
  14. MordorMongo

No "That's what she said?".....for shame man, Christ I put it on the tee for you, do I have to hit it for you also???
  15. wsnich

wsnich Savant (420) Texas Apr 26, 2010

This guy is an idiot with how visible he is on the internet. I found his employer and his boss within 5 minutes.

Just post his personal information on 4chan and watch his world burn?
    chase2634 and Photekut like this.
  16. cfh64

This infuriates me even more, so not only did he fuck me over on purpose but you as well. I think my decision on how to handle this has been made.
    Treebs and MordorMongo like this.
  17. MordorMongo

I "liked" because I agree your hand has been forced.

God speed my man, fuck this fucktard in his fuckhole with something sharp as fuck.
    stxSS07, chase2634 and cfh64 like this.
  18. I mentioned 4chan earlier, but it really is a good idea. His life would be miserable.
    minnesotaryan likes this.
  19. OneBeertoRTA

OneBeertoRTA Advocate (640) California Jan 2, 2010 Verified

I don't believe in karma so I say take retribution in hide.
  20. Very false.

In Florida, wanting to recover property and/or performance of a contract is not harassment. The statute requires either obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, vulgar, or indecent; and by such call or such language intends to offend, annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person at the called number.

Telling someone you want them to perform their end of the deal, or return your property, does not fall under criminal conduct.

I'm not aware of a single instance, in any jurisdiction that I've practiced in, someone being charged with a crime, for wanting someone to return stolen merch. I have seen plenty of people charged with crimes for theft though.

Please people, stop trying to dissuade a good beeradvocate from going after an asshole with these fake finger wagging tales about it being illegal.
    MordorMongo likes this.
  21. Lare453

Lare453 Champion (940) Florida Feb 1, 2012 Verified

Fuck off. I was advising him that there was a statute against it. Not dissuading anyone. And while you may not be prosecuted, if some constantly calls some one and they tell them to stop calling, you can call the police to file a theft report. Otherwise, if call someone too frequently it can be harassing phone calls. Charges get forwarded to the state and whatever they do with it is their business.

Though it probably won't be theft since they entered into a civil agreement, I'd like those case law or some precedent on it.

While it is a seldom used statute, and very rarely prosecuted, still exists.
  22. MordorMongo

Anyone else miss the good old days when someone stole something and they were actually punished for it? I mean like drug behind a horse, or a hand chopped off, or their house burned down.....shit like that. I guarantee if fuckers had to pay the REAL price for their bullshit we would see a hell of a lot less of this BS. People that defend it are just as guilty and should suffer the same fate.

I got paddled in school and I goddamn deserved it.
    stxSS07, BobZ, chase2634 and 4 others like this.
  23. Jparkanzky

Jparkanzky Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

I love when an "FYI don't trade with this guy" thread, turns into an "FYI don't trade with these guys" thread.
    Vivified, mendvicdog, libbey and 11 others like this.
  24. Lare453

25. cfh64

UPDATE: Dewarner just contacted me and said my boxes are on the way. He also provided tracking numbers. He said he apologized and said a lot of shit has been going down in his personal life. I told him I understood and I wish things hadn't gone as far as they did and that if he had just let me know what was going on I would have waited for weeks.

I know everyone will jump on this excuse and he admitted it was inexcusable. I truly hope whatever it is in his life gets better. I'll probably leave this open for awhile do people will know the outcome but may ask the MODS to delete it. If he ever does log back on, and truly does have slit of personal issues, I don't think reading all of our comments would be beneficial. He knows he f'ed up and fixed it. Jimbo, I hope he has contacted you as well.

Again, I appreciate everyone's kind words, offers, etc more then I can express here. Anyone, if there is anyone ( looking right at you DAT) who may have sent me done sort of condolence box (even though I asked you not too...jerks) you can be sure you will receive a comparable box in return.

Sorry for the mistypings, damn iPhone.
  26. MordorMongo

Excellent, IF he makes good and ever reads my comments, I hope he accepts my apology and doesn't take it personally, as it does suck when bad shit happens. Let us know when he makes good!
  27. That sort of talk smarts of a system much like the current penal system in the US, which is a total failure by the way. Maybe I am reading you wrong.

There is and always will be a risk in trading with anyone. There are no sanctions available against someone who doesn't come through on a trade other than ostracism. It is still a Dick Move, but we have to Move On.
  28. cfh64

I warned him that I started a bad trader thread and a lot of people, including myself, said some not so nice things. I also explained I had no other reason to believe he hadn't f'ed me on purpose. He understood.
  29. Why don't you cry about it over some Miller 64 Lemonade tough guy?
    CerealKillerKP likes this.
  30. BOBPINCH666

BOBPINCH666 Savant (345) New York Feb 21, 2011

Yikes, this thread got real darkā€¦
  31. MordorMongo

How in the world do you read what I typed and think that correlates to our current penal system??? I believe in justice and paying a price.....which is basically the exact opposite of our current system.
    BobZ, chase2634 and cavedave like this.
  32. Name one single example in the history of the world that has ever been better . . .
  33. Lare453

oh no! I'm so hurt...
  34. Lare453

There isn't one.
  35. crushedvol

crushedvol Savant (275) Illinois Jan 29, 2008

36. jrnyc

jrnyc Champion (840) New York Mar 21, 2010 Verified

I hope you get your beer. Also, your empathy is commendable. But do not delete this thread. Even when people finally come through, it doesnt mean they are not a bad trader. Look at the shit storm needed here to get this guy to cough up your beer.
    Photekut likes this.
  37. Pahn

Pahn Champion (815) New York Dec 2, 2009 Verified

yeah, threads like these need to stay so people know to trade with caution. maybe it really is the case that "life happened" and hopefully the guy makes good with all the people he's fucked over... but if he PM'd me asking to trade some shit, i'd want to know about all this stuff before i said yes or no (and i would almost certainly say no).
    powpig2002, Czar_chasm and jrnyc like this.
  38. Rempo

Rempo Initiate (0) Indiana Jan 18, 2010

39. Dat

Dat Savant (340) Texas Aug 5, 2007

It's unfortunate that bad traders seem to the be trend as of late and some may attribute it to the economy, etc. but in my opinion, it takes a very shitty person to burn another over beer. I understand that shit happens in life, but all it takes is a single call, email or text to explain the situation instead of stringing a person out. Whether or not the original trader had the intention of ripping people off is another issue, but if something does happen then communication is paramount.

With that said, a person's only as good as his/her word and there's a ton of good BAers on here. I have my fingers crossed that you receive what you were originally promised, along with yojimbo1 receiving his trade also.
    raffy313 and cfh64 like this.
  40. cavedave

cavedave Poobah (1,060) New York Mar 12, 2009 Verified

Whenever I read this type of response from people I imagine it being said by one of my kids. Well, no, my kids are late teens, I guess I mean one of my kids about ten years ago.

Does this reply really fit your self image?

Are you sneaking Daddy's beer? Hope he doesn't catch you.
    Krumb, BobZ, MordorMongo and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.