Bad trader alert: Dewarner82

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by cfh64, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lare453

Lare453 Champion (940) Florida Feb 1, 2012 Verified

Not trying to get in a flame war with an Internet tough guy. I'm sorry your kids are Whitney and you had to deal with that. I sure you are an emotionally scared old fella close to death.

What would you like me to respond with?

D you really take things to heart said on th winter net and get hurt over them?
    cavedave likes this.
  2. wittyname

wittyname Savant (330) North Carolina Aug 4, 2012 Verified

Looks like this thread needs "The Fixer".....guys, have some Miller Lite.[​IMG]
    Duff27, crushedvol and Brewzer1010 like this.
  3. cavedave

cavedave Poobah (1,060) New York Mar 12, 2009 Verified

My kids are Whitney? I guess I am too old to understand these new pejoratives.

You told an actual established lawyer to fuck off after he quoted Florida law, then responded like a hurt cub scout. Not sure you can top those responses. Feel free to try.
    Pahn, libbey, crushedvol and 2 others like this.
  4. Lare453

Read the law. If you call someone repeatedly for any purpose after being told to stop, it fits the statute. I don't know that he is an established lawyer do I? Never met him.

Also under subsection c, makes or causes to ringtone telephone of another repeatedly or continuously ring with the intent to harass any person called at this number

Subsection d makes repeated telephone calls during which conversation ensues solely to harass any person at that number.
    Pittsky likes this.
  5. Lare453

A lot of people pretend to be a lot of things on the Internet.
  6. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

I pretend to be cool and like beer. In reality I can't stand the stuff and am a total douche.

I feel better now.
    suspect, OddNotion, Treebs and 5 others like this.
  7. SO I can't kick him in the nuts now?
  8. cfh64

cfh64 Champion (785) Texas Aug 16, 2005 Verified

Lol, comment.
  9. cavedave

cavedave Poobah (1,060) New York Mar 12, 2009 Verified

So maybe you really are old enough to drink?

It was all about intent, what beerandraiderfan quoted, and you completely ignore that. Why don't you wise up and realize intent is the key to the statute. If the intent is to recover legally owed merchandise or money, and this intent is made clear, there is no law broken, civilly or criminally.

You haven't been on here long enough to have heard this advice. Don't drink and post. Glad I could be the first to offer it, and hope you follow it.
  10. Czar_chasm

Czar_chasm Savant (390) Michigan Jun 20, 2012 Verified

Not sure if it's applicable but there are all sorts of laws that regulate how debts are to be collected (including how many and type of phone calls, etc). I'm not sure if that just applies to collection companies or what not, but there are instances where "harassing" phone calls intending to recover owed money is illegal. I'm not trying to get in the middle of this, nor am I an expert, but thought I'd throw that little tidbit in anyway.

Carry on now, nothing to see here...
  11. There are countries you can move to where they'll chop off your hand for stealing. I don't think they get much craft beer or alcohol at all for that matter. I personally am glad in our country we don't allow cruel and unusual punishment.

Not trying to be a dick here as I typically think you're a good poster. I just think you're either way off the mark on this or heavily exaggerated your point.
  12. How about you read the scenario in the thread?

Just one of the/your problems with playing fantasy armchair attorney is you have to wed law with the factual scenario within the thread. At no point has the bad trader told the OP to stop calling. It should be obvious, his intent is not to harass, but to get his beer, thus making every section of the statute inapplicable. But the most obvious problem you fail to see (other than your own childishness and name calling) is that Florida does not have jurisdiction to punish someone making a phone call in Texas.

Furthermore, equitable legal doctrines of unclean hands and unconscionability would probably prevent such a prosecution from occurring even if factual scenario mirrored the statutory language. Not to mention, the statute could have some constitutional challenges to it, be it either free speech or contracts clause. . .

Its ironic that someone would talk about internet tough guys, while telling someone to fuck off whom they don't know, via the internet.
    MarkIntihar and cavedave like this.
  13. Yes. Harassment is illegal. Attempting to collect a debt or have someone perform a contractual obligation is not. Its all good man, I don't mind disagreement or healthy substantive debate, in fact I invite it.
    cavedave and Czar_chasm like this.
  14. Domeshot14

Domeshot14 Savant (270) California Jul 10, 2011

OJ's intent was to get his sports memorabilia which he felt he was owed back.
  15. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Of course it is exaggerated. Apologies if it was offensive, but the point is when there are NO repercussions for doing something wrong that doesn't work either. People are less likely to do something if there is a reasonable expectation that something bad will happen if they wrong someone. I love our country and it's freedoms, I also think our justice system is fantastic.....but it could use improvement. When it is known that someone has done something wrong (not talking reasonable doubt here), then they should pay a hard price immediately. And punishments should be relative to the crime. People get more time in jail for having a bag of pot than people do for breaking into a house. Does that make sense to you?? Someone that sells cocaine pays a harder price than someone who beats a kid?? C'mon man.....our system ain't perfect.

(And not defending drugs only, just examples that came to mind)
    Beerandraiderfan likes this.
  16. Tell me you meant to put a ;) in there. . . please.

Side note: OJ's current home is w/in walking distance of mine.
    cavedave and Domeshot14 like this.
  17. Domeshot14

Domeshot14 Savant (270) California Jul 10, 2011

I despise emoticons.
  18. Sidebordz

Sidebordz Aficionado (245) New York Apr 23, 2011 Verified

Giggity goo
    libbey, robinsmv and cfh64 like this.
  19. cfh64

Beerandraiderfan, I think you need to change your avatar to the scales of justice. I think it would be much more fitting (not being sarcastic) and much more pleasant to look at (again, not being sarcastic). I've honestly enjoyed reading your commentary, some good stuff.
    MordorMongo likes this.
  20. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Aficionado (220) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

He hasn't contacted me. He doesn't have my phone number. We've only spoken through BM. cfh64, did you talk to him on the phone? Did he contact you or you him?
  21. cfh64

He contacted me. I'll send you a BM with more details.
  22. I always suspected your true fetish was in expert level packaging and cling wrap. Beer trading is an excellent way to get down on that. This all makes so much sense now.
    MordorMongo likes this.
  23. Thanks, I appreciate the appreciation! I really like the BA community, even those who disagree with me, there's nothing wrong at all with substantive disagreements and rational discussion/opinions, whether it be about beer, politics, sports or religion. I like to mix it up, whether its in a forum, courtroom, cage/mat or a bottle share.

The moderation here is so unpredictable, I'm often hesitant to give the insight that I do (like right now for instance). I never know if I'm going to get a 3 week time out for saying "you didn't brew that" about Obama's homebrew, while people can tell me to "fuck off" for giving a rational and unemotional opinion why I disagree with their interpretation of the law . . . I like the notion of a free marketplace of ideas. Stepping down from the soapbox now, I realize its not my sandbox (or soapbox).

You have to be the first person to ask me to change my avatar. . . I can rest assured you are not Sir Mix A Lot's BA profile!
    cavedave and cfh64 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.