1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bad Trader Alert - Jackskeleton (again)

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by jmarsh123, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmarsh123

jmarsh123 Advocate (535) Indiana Mar 31, 2010

See http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/bad-trader-alert-jackskeleton.7692/page-3#post-120217 for first instance. Thread is locked so I had to start a new one.

He was my brewery trustee for the first half of 2012. After some spotty communication, lack of packages and seeing this other thread, I eventually dropped him and went with a new trustee. He still had 18 of my bottles. He sent 6 of them in September, but for some reason did not send the other 12 even though he had them, a shipper and FedEx label for both packages.

His last reply was in November when he said he would be shipping the 12 bottle shipper out and have not received it or got a reply to any contact. I'm not sure he posts or trades on here much anymore, but he's flat out stolen 12 pretty expensive beers from me so another warning to steer clear if you are in contact with him.
  2. jmarsh123

jmarsh123 Advocate (535) Indiana Mar 31, 2010

*Bruery* trustee. Stupid autocorrect
  3. Thanks for letting everyone know.
  4. i must have dreamed that there were 2 full pages of replies to this thread...
  5. jaIsPoAn

jaIsPoAn Savant (375) New York Aug 1, 2012

Can't these bad traders easily just change their profile name? Do we need more information on them?
  6. I would add a name and address to the list beside their BA name but the thing is that I don't want to run into personal problems (lawsuits) for giving away private information. I just include as much information as I can. Sometimes the bad trader has a blog with his own info. That I can post!
  7. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

The phone book doesn't get sued. Neither do companies selling personal information. Perhaps you could make it downloadable by request, and not so much "published"?

How did The Journal just get away with publishing every address of every gun owner in New York?
  8. codysjb

codysjb Savant (400) Florida Jun 16, 2010

Sure, but if your a bad trader and you start a new profile your expected to ship first or provide references. Both options would lead to the potential trader partner not shipping before he knew he would get beer back.
  9. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

damn, now I feel really bad not being able to trustee for you at the beginning of last year. I wish I knew the trader/trustee so I could help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.