Bad Trader Alert - Swuntly and potentially CEnterPound

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by cbeer88, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jegross2

jegross2 Champion (750) Illinois Jan 3, 2010 Verified

It's not illegal if not via USPS.

2. Duffman929

Duffman929 Savant (380) Illinois Nov 27, 2010

Don't worry, Abraham Lincoln deals with them in the sequel.

3. peteinSD

peteinSD Savant (255) California Apr 25, 2010

nobody cares if someone trading beer gets in trouble. the owners of this wesite care a hell of a lot if they are somehow exposed to liability because personal information is posted.

4. mdvatab

mdvatab Savant (440) Indiana Apr 5, 2006

Wow, it's always interesting to see where a thread winds up heading after a few days. ;)

Just checking back to mention that I'm seeing some similarities between this Swuntly/CenterPound character, and another BA who went AWOL-- ExplosivoSR. ExplosivoSR is on the bad trader list, and hasn't been active on BA since 11/2011. His account is still open, though (complete w/ link to his Twitter profile). Unable to cross-reference birthdates with Swuntly & CenterPounds' accounts deleted (maybe the OP has retained this info), but we have another bad trader from Chula Vista, nonetheless. If this is the same guy, we have a repeat offender who doesn't know how to cover his tracks when opening multiple accounts...

5. No one is saying to post the info on this site. The bad trader list is a separate input form, separate page, and run completely separately. If the bros try to control the info on that, it would be incredibly bad form by them.

6. Well fuck a duck. It's the same guy.

Msquared2 likes this.
  7. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

MrFootstones and gory4d like this.
  8. I'm 22 and just shipped out KH as part of a trade for a Cognac BA dark lord. BOOM! (on BA)

9. pitasoup

pitasoup Initiate (0) Tennessee Oct 29, 2009

To help out, the SR in ExplosivoSR are the guy's initials. If that's too much private info, please feel free to delete.

Anyway, I'm the one who reported him originally. If it's the same guy, then fuck him.

10. Definitely moving this convo private for now. This rabbit hole really does run deep...

Etan likes this.
  11. BTW, can somebody who struck a deal with CEnterPound BM me?

12. mdvatab

mdvatab Savant (440) Indiana Apr 5, 2006

Yep-- I traded with this guy last year. No problems on his end per se-- just a noob misstep on my part. I offered-up an Abacus & a WWS for a bottle of Silva Stout thinking Silva came in bombers... (Now, I always verify bottle volumes if uncertain.). I wish I could have gotten a picture of the expression on my face when I opened the large, well-packed box to find one lone 12oz bottle of Silva...

He's a pretty calculating individual if he's opening multiple accounts and doing initial one-off trades to build cred before bailing on BIFs.

Mavajo and jrnyc like this.
  13. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

Jesus, man. Is this whole subforum like this?

14. Jose2412

Jose2412 Savant (250) Michigan Feb 25, 2012

How bout this, we start a new "requirement", for lack of a better term, during the negotiation of a thread. "I will allow my name and address to be posted to the bad traders list if I don't come through with beer x for beer y after 1 month of the agreed upon ship date" Seems that would take care of the privacy part of it. Although it seems like the bros still probably wouldnt want that link posted anywhere on their site.

15. Yeah, that's not going to fly. Home addresses = some yahoo who says he's going to 'straighten out' a bad trader or some shit and then you have BA all over the papers as 'Crazed BeerAdvocate Member Punches Out Clergyman' or some nonsense.

Mavajo, Msquared2 and Etan like this.
  16. Pahn

Pahn Champion (815) New York Dec 2, 2009 Verified

sorry, but the direct response to this is:

lol no

---

come on. it's like saying, "if i don't get the beer to you in a month, you can murder me." it means nothing. posting personal info is against the rules, and the bros explicitly say that if you get burned on a trade, that's on you. people want "i got burned!" to mean "now i don't need to follow the normal rules!" but it doesn't.

Msquared2 and Czar_chasm like this.
  17. cavedave

cavedave Poobah (1,060) New York Mar 12, 2009 Verified

Swuntly and CEnterpound
    Same guy with a different name
    Trades go South with them around
    Tradin' bad's a douchebag game

Msquared2, MarkIntihar and dvelcich like this.
  18. aasher

aasher Poobah (1,160) Indiana Jan 27, 2010 Verified

Back on the old format quite a few people had him as a bad trader on their profiles.

19. I agree with both of you here. Negative experience all the way. Said he had "pulled my box out of shipment" because "one of the extras was an IPA that wasn't fresh." Ironically he replaced them with 2 other beers that were well past their freshness peak. Not to mention his twitter account was linked to his profile, for about 2 months I could read how he was drinking the beers I'd sent him while he was neglecting to send my box out. Didn't come through and send all he said he would, but glad enough to get the base done.

Romulux likes this.
  20. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Initiate (0) California Nov 26, 2008

A past trading partner of mine had a poor experience with schmoopsbeer, but never went to the point of adding him to the bad trader list as he got his beer (albeit with much difficulty).

I later did an in-person trade with schmoops, which is pretty low-risk in my opinion. Unfortunately, he showed up quite late, and I was getting a beer that was on shelves in the store where we met. Not my greatest trade.

Mavajo, pjeagles, afksports and 6 others like this.
  21. Jose2412

You can waive you right to personal privacy. I would have no problem doing it myself because I will never have a problem getting a trade out on the agreed upon ship date.

Also, assisted suicide is legal in three state, Oregon, Montana and Washington. So, yes you can allow someone to "murder" you.

I was more thinking out loud, which is why I said I'm sure the Bros wouldn't allow it, but I'm sure the Clergyman had it coming for not coming through on a trade. :p

But I do understand why this wouldn't work. I just wish there was some personal responsibility held for those who steal from good people on this website.

22. Pahn

Pahn Champion (815) New York Dec 2, 2009 Verified

/facepalm. so you're one of those willfully dense contrarians, or this is a joke?

to repeat, you can't waive protections afforded you by the rules of someone else's website, because in truth they don't really have anything to do with you in the first place (in other words, nothing to do with you in particular, your particular actions, your feelings, your consent, etc etc).

if someone says, "go ahead, direct some racial slurs at me," you are still breaking rules by complying. the point is that punishment and personal responsibility don't transcend rules in ordered situations (like websites, working at a job, criminal law, etc etc etc).

23. out of this whole thread I'm still intrigued by the duck fucking.

Mavajo, Msquared2, JRod1969 and 2 others like this.
  24. Jose2412

I do understand what you're saying but the TOS say "Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential." If you share it, even through PM, you don't consider it private or confidential.

25. Jose2412

I once witnessed something that I believe was actually duck rape. It's something I can't unsee.

Jnorton00 and AleWatcher like this.
  26. AleWatcher

AleWatcher Advocate (720) Illinois Jan 25, 2009

Me too! It was two male mallards raping a female. They were quite aggressive.
    Unfortunately for me I was in the company of a lady friend with whom I was trying to get down.
    The duck rape scene did little to help the mood.

pschul4, Jnorton00 and weaksauce like this.
  27. emdawg

emdawg Aficionado (225) New York Jun 29, 2011

They were probably aggressive because duck sex seems really difficult. Sorry for the extra derailment guys.

AleWatcher likes this.
  28. nanobrew

nanobrew Advocate (645) California Dec 31, 2008

I contacted Swuntly a while back about and ISO, he kept changing what he wanted, being difficult, and seemingly not reading what I wrote in BMs. Ended up not working out and I am glad, I did a very similar IP trade with another BA who was great to work with.

ehammond1 likes this.
  29. rmalinowski4

rmalinowski4 Savant (350) Illinois Oct 22, 2010

Maybe there is another way to shut this guy down. Anybody try to have his UPS / FedEx account flagged? If you can call in a complaint to the shipping companies, maybe you could get his name and address flagged so they search his incoming and outgoing shipments.

30. cavedave

cavedave Poobah (1,060) New York Mar 12, 2009 Verified

Yeah, then he does the same to anyone whose info he has. Not your best idea.

MordorMongo likes this.
  31. National Championship game a couple years ago?

32. rmalinowski4

rmalinowski4 Savant (350) Illinois Oct 22, 2010

I can see your point on this.

33. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (490) New York Jan 30, 2011 Verified

Bad traders are the same people that kick dogs.
    Complete sociopaths.

34. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

Or people that just don't like dogs. I think they're sociopaths too.

Msquared2 likes this.
  35. Pittsky

Pittsky Aficionado (215) Florida May 28, 2009

NWS

36. johndoe8

johndoe8 Savant (285) California Jun 9, 2010

i have a grudge against schmoopsbeer/popinbottles or whatever his name is.
    he beermailed me specifically asking me to bring 4 pretty rare bottles for a bottle share to san francisco. he mailed me the day before the said bottle share saying he was already in san francisco drinking at beer rev with a mutual friend of ours.

i get into beer rev the next day with all the bottles, the guy never was there. then we see his twitter or whatever and he's checked into some place in long beach drinking a beer.

btw, i'm surprised he told you he was a music executive. he told me he was a deputy sheriff in santa barbara. awesome guy.

37. AleWatcher

AleWatcher Advocate (720) Illinois Jan 25, 2009

I got a couple users already bm me their schmoopsbeer story-- everyone seems to think he is a sleazy liar.
    I am Jack's utter lack of surprise.

When schmoopsbeer first started posting I sent a message to about 10 very active BA's proclaiming him the next Jojo.
    (and when Jojo started traded I pegged him for a shitbag too!)
    Trust your hunches people!!!

pschul4 and Etan like this.
  38. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Just sayin', but you guys should keep your "strategies" to yourselves. These guys are most likely reading the thread. All this thread can really do now is help raise awareness to the dangers of duck sex.

39. I have "liked" an obscene amount of posts in this thread. This thread is like aging a sour. It's just getting more interesting.

Mavajo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.