1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BAD TRADER - cloeren13

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by carps4, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carps4

carps4 Aficionado (100) New York Feb 27, 2012

I don't want to hear anyone's opinion, I'm simply giving you a heads up that I haven't received my end of a trade in almost 2 months and to be cautious when trading with cloeren13. If anyone knows or has traded with cloeren13 please let him know that this is not acceptable. What's even more frustrating is he's clearly been on the site but has decided to ignore all my messages. In case you were wondering, I sent cloeren13 $85 worth of beer almost 2 months ago. In addition, I paid for 1 day shipping when he asked if he could get the beer in 2 days for his brothers party. From his side, he did originally send the beer but it broke durning shipping. Instead of communicating and letting me know what is going on and what his plan is, I've been the one reaching out countless of times. I also cannot believe he decided to drink my beer and accuse me of being impatient. I don't know about you but if it were me, I would not drink someone's beer if my box broke durning shipping. His latest excuse at the moment is he has moved. To me that's not good enough. For the amount of hours I work, I still manage to always follow through on a trade. If something does come up I make sure I communicate. He said he was on his way to get the broken box at his old place almost a month ago. Well, I've yet again not received any word. Whatever, enough is enough. If anyone knows me or has traded with me you know I've always communicated, given great extras and have just been a good trader. I really can't believe someone would think its ok to not take up their end of a deal. Furthermore, to drink my beer when he knew his box broke and to keep going on beeradvocate is just ridiculous. Again, I don't want to here anyways opinion because you simply don't know what has gone on. I'm just giving you a heads up and asking for help if you know cloeren13.

Thanks.

sonoma01, beerindex and Eriktheipaman like this.
  2. even though you said you dont want to hear people's opinions twice, your probably still going to get it. Pretty raw deal, what beers are you out of?

3. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Well you obviously don't want to hear, or here, my opinion but this is clearly a DICK MOVE. Agree it is inexcusable but not sure why you have to be hostile about it to all of us that will read it, ya know? Thanks for getting the word out though!

4. NiceFly

NiceFly Savant (375) Tajikistan Dec 22, 2011

I ran out of breath just reading that.
    Here is to hoping this guy make good /gulp .

Bluecane, cavedave, claaark13 and 2 others like this.
  5. This obviously you are pissed and he should be called out, most opinions will agree with you anyways.

6. is that like your opinion, man?

robinsmv, cfh64 and MordorMongo like this.
  7. MordorMongo

Unwanted or not, I express it. ;)

jp7161 likes this.
  8. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

Sorry to hear you are getting burnt. Some paragraphs would make for an easier read though :)!

9. I liked your post then realized it makes me seem like an ass lol. Oh well. Thank you for getting the name out and hope this post makes them come through and get you some beer!

10. gkatsoris

gkatsoris Initiate (0) Jun 27, 2007

11. BMachmann

BMachmann Disciple (60) Jul 30, 2012

Ooooh damn, sorry brah, you lost my interest and empathy at

Jnorton00 likes this.
  12. Maybe you haven't been around the forums long enough to realize the shit storm these posts can cause sometimes. I think the OP just wanted to get the word out and leave it at that.

13. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (300) Florida Feb 18, 2011

Hey, you might want to try his brother, dcloeren. I traded with him (his bro) some time ago, and it was pretty expedient. Maybe you can get in touch with your douchey trader through him, though. Best of luck, man.

edit: this guy might also be active on Reddit r/beertrade. I've seen his handle floating around there once or twice. Might have some luck that way.

14. Etan

Etan Advocate (745) Wisconsin Jul 11, 2011

Is dcloeren really his brother? He's a solid trader.

JCDenver, m100, JohnB87 and 3 others like this.
  15. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (300) Florida Feb 18, 2011

Yep, this was confirmed when I asked cloeren13 about the coincidental similar handles, I thought that was him on r/beertrade.

16. LambicKing

LambicKing Advocate (655) Florida Apr 13, 2011

Yep dcloeren is a solid trader...we traded once and I would not hesitate to do it again.

dcloeren likes this.
  17. BMachmann

You say that sarcastically, right?? LOL
    To "just get the word out and leave it at that" would have consisted of a three to four sentence post.

But for seriously everyone, I don't want to here anyways opinion because you simply don't know what has gone on. Okay? :D

18. as long as your being serious.

19. Jparkanzky

Jparkanzky Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

I never drink the beers I receive until I know what I sent made it safely if I can't replace it. Also, I can't imagine I'm the only one who would not trade beer during something like moving...... That's like saying, "I know I'm going to be deployed to Siberia to fight the Ruskies, but I think I'll trade some beers in the meantime"

Good luck..... I'd just keep it open, and have him send whatever he can ASAP.

FTowne likes this.
  20. BMachmann

Oh, for serious!

If you want my opinion, I don't want to here anyways opinion has serious Internet meme potential!. I'm just sprayin' ...

ColdPoncho and Fluke828 like this.
  21. claaark13

claaark13 Advocate (645) Indiana Nov 29, 2007

Not to be confused with claaark13.

22. cavedave

cavedave Champion (940) New York Mar 12, 2009

Isn't your brother dclaaark?

23. carps4

Thanks guys, I sent his brother a BM so hopefully he replies.

24. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

How's that hangover today?

InebriatedJoker likes this.
  25. BMachmann

Me? Pssh, I'm a teetotaller. Thanks for asking though.

Yes, hmmm, I apologize if I neglected to make it clear that
    is a quote from the OP. C'mon, forrealz, like I would spray something like that!

26. If this guy goes to school or is a former student of Texas A&M, I am highly disappointed. Aggies do not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do.

27. For what it's worth, I traded with him twice. Never had a problem. Good communication, solid extras. Maybe he is just going through a rough time and will make up for everything. Just my 2 cents...

28. carps4

No excuse after 2 months, not communicating and drinking my beer.

29. carps4

He also said the package would be in the mail on August 14th.........that never happened and haven't heard from him since.

30. carps4

Below are the beers I sent:

HF Everett
    CL Mother Barrel
    CL Kolsch
    CL Pale Ale
    Main Peeper
    Main Zoe
    Main Lunch
    Peche Mortel
    Flower Power x 2
    Cadillac Mountain Stout

31. not going to argue. Just provided my experience. Yours is totally unacceptable. I hope he redeems himself in this trade.
    Cheers.

32. carps4

Thanks a lot, yea I'm hoping as well.

33. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Initiate (0) California Nov 26, 2008

Just to be safe, I put both of you on my shit list.

brystmar, ravot, Bluecane and 11 others like this.
  34. carps4

Well, no luck. I saw his brother read my message but never bothered to write me back.

35. Mag00n

Mag00n Savant (380) New York Nov 21, 2008

Hope this works out for you man. And in the future, if someone insists on one day shipping a good response would be 'sure, just paypal me the money'.

36. I too have an open issue with this trader. I received a filled screw cap growler as part of the trade. The growler arrived with top exposed in wrapping with no tape or other additional closure for the cap. As such the cap came loose dripping out about a 1/10 of the contents and as a result was completely flat and undrinkable. I have tried multiple times to contact him since this went down a number of months ago with no response. I don't expect to ever hear back from him at this point even though I can see that he has viewed the messages I have sent.

RobDB likes this.
  37. MordorMongo

Ladies and gentlemen........wait for it now........

DOUBLE DICK MOVE

That's a fact. From the sounds of it they don't give a crap about you two, only themselves. Fucking nihilists.

paulys55, ASUBeer, Sidebordz and 3 others like this.
  38. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Sorry to hear things like this. If it is any consolation I have been waiting for a six pack of z dust since april.

39. MordorMongo

From this same dude??? Don't tell me this is a triple?

ObiWanKushnobi likes this.
  40. The guy is an asshole. He even looks like one on his google+.

ravot and ObiWanKushnobi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.