1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BAD TRADER - cloeren13

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by carps4, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cavedave

cavedave Champion (940) New York Mar 12, 2009

Nice, glad to hear it man, I know I would clean up my brother's mess, shit happens, but he's my brother we are always there for each other, up and down, and he knows he would get an asskicking too behind something like this, and I would have one coming too if it were the other way.

Hear you are a stand up trader, nothing personal in this, but we need to help the ones getting shafted in our hobby using those few ways available to those being shafted, this forum being one of them. Cheers!

2. dcloeren

dcloeren Savant (460) Texas Sep 15, 2010

Very well said. Cheers!

cavedave likes this.
  3. hegemonycricket

hegemonycricket Initiate (0) Chad Jul 17, 2012

You're a bad trader. And you're a bad trader. And you're a bad trader.

[​IMG]

4. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Savant (260) California Dec 1, 2011

Cheers to you, I for one agree with you. Your brother is a grown ass man, and there is no need to do anything other than tell him to get his shit together. If you took it upon yourself to remedy this, you would just be enabling him and people could always expect you to make up for his bullshit all the time.

JohnB87, xxcarpxx and Rempo like this.
  5. cavedave

Just because he cleans his mess up this time, his brother will still be on the bad trader list, but his own name would be made even more firmly on the "good" side.

Could be his brother will fuck up in different ways, and could be shit will rain on him then, but what he does here will not enable his brother to make another bad beer trade, if that is what you meant.

6. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (540) California Aug 11, 2007

I liked because you posted this.

7. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Is your brother a douchebag in real life or just on the internet where he can hide behind some sense of anonymity?

8. Krumb

Krumb Savant (290) Texas Jan 30, 2008

Cloeren - active 15 minutes ago.

He continues to log on...

Cowardly thief.

9. I nominate this for thread of the month. My swmbo even chuckled.

Good Brother: I'd like to send you a beer.

Bad Brother: I'd like hand you a "cup 'o soup"

10. I think I broke my like button on this thread.

11. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Alabama Jan 13, 2011

What's with the Lynch mob mentality?? dcloeren has reached out to his brother to make things right. Why should more be expected from him? As mentioned by numerous BAs, dcloeren has been a solid trader and shouldnt be the one on trial.. IMO the brother is acting like a bitch by not making this trade right.....but not dcloeren!!
    Cheers to all..

12. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

Let me refresh your memory:

Photekut likes this.
  13. mattyb83

mattyb83 Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2012

What should have happened?

OddNotion and eyeenjoybeer like this.
  14. 3rdto1st

Apparently some expect him to make good on his brother's botched trade, or else he is seen as a douche and won't be traded with.

I for one think that's crap, by that logic, you could hold all former trading partners to the same standard. I wonder how the mob would feel if someone came to them and said "Trader X fell through on his trade and you were listed as a reference, so if you don't make good on it, I will tell people not to trade with you."

CarolinaKevin, xxcarpxx and OddNotion like this.
  15. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

So you see no validity in trying to contact a bad traders brother? I think that is a perfectly logical thing to do and not sure anyone expected him to make it right but perhaps he could shed light on the situation or at least tell the dude he is on his own. And I have been contacted by people who got burnt by someone I had listed as a reference and I reached out to them and had the decency to respond back with any info I could. Initially that didn't happen here at all if I am reading it correctly.

Krumb, chase2634 and Photekut like this.
  16. I agree that reaching out to someone who knows the bad trader is fine to try to get some clarity, but it seems some people here think that for some reason the bad trader's brother should send out beers to make up for his brother's shitty trading decisions. While it would be a nice thing to do I certainly do not think it is his responsibility to make good on someone else's trade. According to the trader's brother, he has reached out and told him to make good on the trade but aside from that I do not think he has any further responsibilities.

xxcarpxx likes this.
  17. MordorMongo

Nor do I and apparently I glossed over the responses indicating as such.

18. Would the good brother be willing to be a Bruery trustee for me?

19. Is the Bruery now moving to TX?

eta:yes I knew you were joking

20. Going through this thread it is a good thing it wasn't the same guy, you would have had to drop "DICK MOVE" and call it a full out sausage fest.

MordorMongo likes this.
  21. I don't know Mordor, I think dcloeren wins for this phrase.

22. cosmo4u

cosmo4u Savant (330) New York Nov 18, 2010

I was so glued to this thread I actually forgot I was drinking a FBS.

szmnnl99 likes this.
  23. The cops once showed up at my house. They were looking for my brother who, lets just say, doesn't make the wisest of choices in life. They couldn't find him and asked if I had any information on his whereabouts...I told them exactly where I thought he'd be. People that make dumb decisions need to be found out or they keep making them. Guess what? My brother is making less dumb decisions today, I like to think I helped in that process.

24. My brother isn't.

chardlogic and MarkIntihar like this.
  25. Nope...I meant exactly what was written...My brother is making LESS dumb decisions. Still dumb, just not as many and severe.

cavedave likes this.
  26. MordorMongo

It is times like these I am glad I am an only child. All I have to worry about are step and half brothers who I can easily disown without the slightest tinge of guilt.

cavedave and JulianB like this.
  27. cavedave

My brother is definitely the wisest of the two of us, but he has never had to clean up any messes of mine because he may be wisest, but I am smartest.

28. I wouldn't have to worry with my bro, he will drink anything from a DIPA to MGD 64, and he is too cheap to trade.

29. carps4

carps4 Aficionado (100) New York Feb 27, 2012

For those of you wondering why I contacted his brother, well because Cloeren13 asked me to ship to his brothers address.

30. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Alabama Jan 13, 2011

WOW!!!???!!?????
    This whole trade is f'ed up!!!

31. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Maybe he's under 21.

32. Maybe it's the same person.....!!!!!!! (key dramatic music)

chase2634, cavedave and jrnyc like this.
  33. DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!!!

CWinchell, JohnB87 and Kuemmelbrau like this.
  34. MordorMongo

So another episode of The Rockford Files?

Kuemmelbrau and cavedave like this.
  35. To note, I brought up my issue back in July in the following thread: http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/growler-trading.26853/ and was advised to try and work it out.

I felt I needed this to play out for a few months before going to the lengths of trashing someones reputation when they did actually did ship, but packed poorly.

36. domtronzero

I never insinuated that he needs to right his brother's wrong. Rather, I pointed out that he declined to even acknowledge a BM sent to him inquiring about his brother. He replied here in the thread that he did not even respond because, "I don't know what you expected me to write back..."

The least he could've done was tell that to carps4 in a message, rather than trying to defend himself here. I stand by everything I've said in this thread. Furthermore, this makes me even more upset that dcloeren didn't respond to the private message:

chardlogic, chase2634 and Photekut like this.
  37. dcloeren

dcloeren Savant (460) Texas Sep 15, 2010

He sent the beer to my brother who was in town at the time of their trade. Carps and I are in contact and working on a solution. Nothing for you to get upset about.

38. 3rdto1st

I didn't quote you before and so wasn't trying to say that you were one of the people who said he needs to right his brother's wrong. But other people have, I'm not going to quote them saying it because the thread is all of 3 pages long, you can re-read it in 5minutes to see.

To be clear, yes, I agree that he should have reached out and contacted the OP and get on his brother's ass, which it sounds like he now has. The only thing I disagree with is the people who were telling him to make it right with beer, for the exact reason you can see in the last line of my post before.

39. domtronzero

RABBLE! RABBLE RABBLE!

Thanks. I'll leave it up to myself what I get upset over and what I don't.

40. Based on public info posted in this guys profile page, I looked him up in the Texas A&M directory.

Again, Cloeren13, Aggies do not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do. If you are wearing that ring on your right hand you have an obligation to make this trade right.

BigGene and OakedCanuck like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.