1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BAD TRADER - cloeren13

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by carps4, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

An Aggie that stole?? This makes this even worse!!
    Penguin3200 and Shagtastic like this.
  2. This thread continues to deliver on so many fronts.
  3. Dat

Dat Savant (340) Texas Aug 5, 2007

The only thing worse than an Aggie is a Sooner. ;) Hook 'em!
    cfh64 likes this.
  4. Triple dick move?
  5. Dislike!
  6. MordorMongo

Surely we are easily at like a quintuple by now, right?
    cavedave and Penguin3200 like this.
  7. At least. This guy is like the octomom of dick moves
  8. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Initiate (0) Washington Jun 23, 2009

He probably went to Blinn....

Gig 'em,

Colin
    Class of '05
    Knifestyles and FishPondManager like this.
  9. carps4

carps4 Aficionado (100) New York Feb 27, 2012

Just wanted to touch base here. dcloeren took care of everything, not only did I receive my money back but the beer from the original trade was sent to me as an apology (plus great extras). I have to say, i appreciate dcloren efforts and want to say thanks. Great trader, much respect for correcting his brothers mistake. Also thanks to cloeren for sending the beers.
  10. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Good for him. I expect his brother can expect a nice ass kicking
    Jnorton00 likes this.
  11. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Initiate (0) California Nov 26, 2008

Shit... This means I only have claaark13 on my bad traders list now, and I've actually traded / drank with him in person. *confused*
  12. Preety sure you can keep cloeren13 on there. dcloeren seems to be a standup guy though.
  13. White Birch really messes people up...
    davey101 and Arbitrator like this.
  14. Arbitrator

15. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

16. MordorMongo

17. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

You don't drink anther's guy's beer before yours have landed. Simple.
    Arbitrator likes this.
  18. claaark13

claaark13 Advocate (635) Indiana Nov 29, 2007

Raffy313 just pointed out that this guy has a current ISO.
    raffy313 likes this.
  19. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Savant (395) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2010

I know a great way to get someone back if you have their name and phone. I do not condone anyone doing this and no matter how funny it is your probably no better than them for doing it.

A friend of mine once bought some video game stuff from a guy on Craigs list he went to this guys house but the guy was on vacation for a couple days so he left the stuff on the porch. To make a long story short my friend took about half the stuff and left a little less than half the money.

What the guy did in retaliation was so epic lol. They had exchanged phone numbers so this guy made an ad on Craigs list in the men seeking men section with my friends name and cell and this hilarious ad. My friend has been getting disturbing and sexually graphic text messages and phone calls from local gay males ever since.
    powpig2002, xxcarpxx and NiceFly like this.
  20. claaark13

21. bfg75

bfg75 Aficionado (230) Washington Feb 26, 2011

I had responded to this guy's ISO earlier and thought the name looked familiar...well, one less trade to worry about.
  22. NiceFly

NiceFly Savant (375) Tajikistan Dec 22, 2011

That is beautiful.
    I think responding to the current ISO and having him ship first never to send my end would be funny too.

I always say, just let me know the rules we are playing by I am fine with whatever you come up with.
    jRocco2021 likes this.
  23. Krumb

Krumb Savant (280) Texas Jan 30, 2008

I may be off here, but this really is a "throw it in the community's face," post.

[​IMG]
    Gosox8787 likes this.
  24. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (280) Florida Feb 18, 2011

Is there anyway to prevent this from happening again? Or is this guy just allowed to trade with some know-nothing rookie with impunity?
  25. claaark13

The last post prior to mine was 9/29/12. He posted his ISO thread on Monday, 10/15/12.

I'm not sure why you're trying to call me out for relaying a message that I saw which noted that a known bad trader is trying to likely take advantage of another person.

I do appreciate the Tim and Eric pic.
  26. Rempo

Rempo Initiate (0) Indiana Jan 18, 2010

I think/hope he's talking about the FT:ISO post.
    cavedave likes this.
  27. claaark13

If so, apologies to Krumb. I hope you can see where the misinterpretation came from.

I still like the Tim and Eric pic.
    Krumb likes this.
  28. Krumb

Krumb Savant (280) Texas Jan 30, 2008

no no no, not you claaark. his posting of an ISO. THAT is the slap. No worries.
    claaark13 likes this.
  29. Looks like I have learned my lesson the hard way...

I responded to the ISO that cloeren13 posted without doing proper research. I've only completed 2 trades so far, so I knew I would have to ship first, but I didn't even think to search the bad trader list or forums first.

He responded immediately to all conversations as we were arranging the trade. After we agreed upon the beers to trade, I shipped mine Wednesday via UPS and sent him the tracking info. Should have been a little more curious about the fact that he had me ship it to his girlfriend.

Anyway, after not hearing back from him since I sent him tracking info, I got a little nervous. After a quick search of "cloeren13" I find this thread and have the gut-wrenching realization that I'm an idiot. I should have known better when he offered 2 KBS and some TX locals for 2 Oak Jacked and some Odell sours. It definitely seemed too good to be true, especially now after seeing how much KBS trades for.

I totally realize how dumb I was in this trade, and I definitely don't have anyone to blame but myself. But the inability to respond to the ISO threads does seem to make it a little harder to warn others about bad traders. Like I said, totally my fault for not searching or checking his references first. I'll just chalk it up to a lesson learned.

That being said, I think I can still intercept the package. It's not scheduled to be delivered until Tuesday and I still have the option to intercept it on UPS. So I'll eat about $30 in shipping and fees, which isn't the end of the world and is still better than letting him get it.

The other option is to send it to a new address in case anyone wants it. Maybe I'll throw a FT up to see if I can get some locals I don't have access to here in CO.

In short, no one trade with cloeren13, in case you needed another reason.
  30. Arbitrator

Yep, that should be in the FAQs: at the very least, search the username before setting up a trade. If the guy's posting history (or posts about him) indicates he's a dick, you should probably be careful.

<=== Case in point, this guy is a huge dick. Don't trade with him. He needs to drink his cellar down.
  31. I won't make that mistake again.
    Arbitrator likes this.
  32. I almost forgot that I threw in a Rumpkin as an extra because I realized the trade was so lopsided. Glad the box won't make it to him.
  33. MordorMongo

Such a DICK MOVE for this guy to even be attempting to trade here. Wonder if he has to buy bigger britches than he normally would to house the obvious giant set of balls he has?
  34. this
    and this
  35. At least you caught it before it landed, and were out $30 in shipping plus your beer.
  36. Sorry guys, he should be on the list this weekend!
  37. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (620) New York Mar 21, 2010

So this guy is still posting and trading???!!! When was his last trade post, I couldnt find it.
  38. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Alabama Jan 13, 2011

Fucking unbelievable...such a prick to pull this shit again..
  39. Photekut

Photekut Initiate (0) Tennessee Mar 31, 2006

It would have been nice if someone could have posted in his latest ISO thread that he was an asshole thief.
  40. Yeah too bad it's not an option anymore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.