1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

BAD TRADER - cloeren13

Discussion in 'Beer Trading General / Help' started by carps4, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarheel4985

Tarheel4985 Member

The ISO he posted that I responded to was from Monday, 10/15. It seems to be gone now.

I do wish the ISO threads could be replied to.
    jrnyc likes this.
  2. Tarheel4985

Tarheel4985 Member

On a lighter note, the rest of the community here is AWESOME. I posted a FT with the contents of the box and just a statement that it was being redirected from a trade gone bad, and I've already gotten 5 or 6 replies, all with amazing trade offers.

I know that box is certainly nothing to write home about, but I really can't thank everyone enough for their desire to help me salvage a bad trade. My guess is all of the replies were simply because people wanted to help me out, not because they really wanted the box.

I won't be hanging up my trading jacket anytime soon, even after this debacle.
  3. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Member

Good for you man, seriously. Some of us around here likely sound jaded and bitter but nonetheless this community is still by and large full of awesome and win. Hang in there, trading for the most part is very fun and satisfactory.
  4. Tarheel4985

Tarheel4985 Member

Thanks for the encouragement. As a complete rookie to BA, beer trading, and this community as a whole, I just want to thank you and all the other veteran BAs who have helped create this environment. I'm definitely reaping the benefits of all the hard work everyone else has put in to making this such a lively, educational, and friendly community.
    Krumb, Mandark and franklinn like this.
  5. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Member

That's it. This guy is fucking over people from my hometown now, and giving a great school a bad name. I am in College Station right now. I know what this douche looks like. I hope to god I run into him.
    Photekut and robinsmv like this.
  6. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Member

So you're the guy whos buying up all the Pliny in Greeley! Shoot me a BM so we can share some beers or meet up at Patricks!
  7. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Member

I also replied to Cloerens ISO this week. I had some oak jacked and hoped he was dumb enough to reply with my IP trade offer this weekend. He never even looked at the BM.
  8. Tarheel4985

Tarheel4985 Member

I don't know what you're talking about :)
  9. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Member

This situation is why we need to be able to post on profiles again... One look at this d-bags profile, would have been covered up with other BAs calling him out as a piece of shit thief....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.