1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bad Trader List: nasty31 ?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by hoerr, Jul 30, 2014.

1. hoerr

hoerr Savant (265) South Carolina Oct 18, 2009

Does this still exist? I have a trader who did not engage our trade in the feedback system that needs to be reported.

Thanks.

2. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (630) New York Mar 21, 2010

The list doesnt exist any more, but post a bad trader thread on this forum naming the trader in question and the circumstances so people know and the trader can respond with their side of the story.

3. Aside from checking feedback of each person you plan on trading with, I keep a running list of bad trader threads in my profile that I can reference. When you report the trade, if the story warrants it, I add it to my list. It's not official, just for my personal use.

4. hoerr

Thanks for the responses. I'm giving him 2 more weeks to respond/ship and if not, I'll do as mentioned above.

5. Mag00n

Mag00n Savant (380) New York Nov 21, 2008

How long has it been already? Youre way more patient than I...

jrnyc likes this.
  6. jrnyc

If you think this person is a bad trader now, post it now , not 2 weeks from now. If this person truly is a bad trader in those 2 weeks other traders can get screwed.

mythaeus, cfh64 and Mag00n like this.
  7. hoerr

BA: nasty31

We finalized a pretty hefty trade and I shipped on March 24, 2014. He asked me to ship first so he could have an Old Nuptial on his birthday, but he would ship that same week on Friday. He was shipping several bombers and a 12pk of fresh Zombie. After no tracking # provided, I sent several beer mails asking what was up. Eventually my bombers (no extras, and I sent big extras including glassware) got shipped from him on April 17 and he said he was waiting until after DLD for FFF to put out more fresh ZD, so I waited patiently.

DLD came and went, and a couple weeks later I'd seen fresh ZD in the ISO:FT forums so I asked when he was shipping the 12 ZD to complete the trade. After no response until May 12, he told me he suddenly was in the middle of buying a house and wouldn't be able to get the ZD until June 20 when the house purchase closed. (You don't have $20 + shipping because you're buying a house? Huh?)

So I once again waited patiently and June 20 came and went with no word from him. I've sent 3 beer mails asking what's up with no replies. Last I sent was today saying if I don't hear back within 2 weeks (giving him ample time to get to FFF - he supposedly lives 15 mins away, and time for them to have a fresh batch of ZD) I was going to report.

So ridiculous. He has good trader feedback - 13 trades 100% positive. It just doesn't make sense... Why turn into a douchenozzle over maybe $30 you owe in a 4 month old trade?

He never replied to my initial request in the trading feedback system, so I guess I have no recourse other than the bad trader list, which looks to be a bit defunct.

Win some, lose some I guess. I'll stick to my regulars from now on.

8. jrnyc

@nasty31 - Care to provide your defense here?

9. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

He hasn't posted here since June, and hasn't even been on the site for almost a month, so unfortunately it seems like you might be out of luck on this one. Guy has been on this site a long time, so this is unfortunate to see.

10. pretty sure this guy screwed over an amazing trader as well, I'm sure @unclekeith could elaborate more on this situation. This makes me so mad when I hear this kind of stuff. Especially when i happens to a great community :(

11. unclekeith

unclekeith Savant (390) Alaska Sep 4, 2012

@nasty31 owes me beer. I sent 2 x Bar Fly and expected 1 X MoaS and 1 x Dreadnaught.

I shipped 1st with the agreement that he would use my box to fulfill his end of the bargain. He had a stellar trading record so I didn't feel the need to use the BA system.

Anyway he acknowledged that he received my box and would be shipping soon. He was in the middle of a move and had just closed on a house so he let me know there would be a bit of a delay. Communications were good until he went silent on July 7.

Nasty31 (same user name/same town) checked in the beer that I sent him at his house warming party on another website that specializes in that sort of thing. Nasty31 continues to check in beers at this website.

His BA record indicates that he is a frequent trader so my worry is that with a new physical address comes a new IP and a new user name. After 30 days he could start fresh on this website. I not sure if it is ok to put his name on this website without upsetting the mods.

Since I figured he is long gone from this website, I called him out in a Tasting Group thread that he has been active in the past - I put more details with my experience in this thread:
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/nw-indiana-tasting-groups.49064/

12. blue-dream

blue-dream Moderator (565) Illinois Aug 22, 2013 Staff Member

always use the trade system, not just for you but for the rest of the community. But lets not dwell on the past. Is he still active on the other website? Do you have a phone number? BM some of his past trades to see if they have herd from him, an IP trade would be the best. Maybe some BAs that have an account there need to leave him a few messages. We have some good sleuths here and the last few bad trader threads have ended with the bad trader finally shipping, i hope the same happens here. Good luck OP.

jshusc and jrnyc like this.
  13. tommyz

tommyz Advocate (510) Michigan May 28, 2007

This story above is the reason you dont wait months on making a bad trader thread....It seems this guy got screwed after the OP got screwed....

cavedave, jrnyc, mythaeus and 3 others like this.
  14. F2brewers

F2brewers Moderator (440) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2005 Staff Member

@nasty31 now that you've logged on, we'd like to hear your side of the story.

Trying to go through a back door by reporting the thread as slander and asking for it to be deleted isn't going to work.

15. nasty31

nasty31 Savant (250) Indiana May 5, 2010

parties have been notified sorry aint been on in a month.

16. WOW!!!! I hate using *SMH*, but...*SMH*

17. blue-dream

blue-dream Moderator (565) Illinois Aug 22, 2013 Staff Member

@F2brewers is the man! Glad we have you to help out with this stuff.

zookerman182, jrnyc and cavedave like this.
  18. F2brewers

F2brewers Moderator (440) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2005 Staff Member

Well, it appears that's the last we'll hear from @nasty31

As you all can probably see, his name is now lined out beneath his profile picture above...that means he's been banned. Not sure why, just telling you all that that is the case.

He said he notified 'parties'. @hoerr and @unclekeith please let us know what you've been told and/or if there are any updates on the situation.

jrnyc, tommyz, jdb288 and 1 other person like this.
  19. cfh64

cfh64 Advocate (655) Texas Aug 16, 2005

Well that sucks for you OP but excellent MOD'ing on this one. If I had access to ZD I would love to hook you up under the circumstances but unfortunately I can't help ya out. At least the chump can't screw anyone else over at this point.

20. unclekeith

I've been notified that he is shipping today. Thank you to bringing this to resolution (hopefully)

hoerr and blue-dream like this.
  21. hoerr

He texted me that once FFF comes out with fresh ZD he will ship. Also that I should have "tried harder" to get a hold of him via text or call him rather than "slander" his name.

Thank you mod and community for the support.

22. Mag00n

Mag00n Savant (380) New York Nov 21, 2008

Thats all you got? Youve 'slandered' your name more than they have but posting a response like this

sandman3479 likes this.
  23. Glad to see you got a response! Hopefully you get some beer! You are way too nice of a person to get screwed over like that...

unclekeith likes this.
  24. jrnyc

WOW, just WOW. Unreal. Thanks F2brewers for being a great beer trading advocate!

tommyz, cfh64, cavedave and 1 other person like this.
  25. I hate it when people slander my name by insisting that I follow through with my responsibilities...

jdb288, tommyz, I_BYE_MI_BEER and 9 others like this.
  26. mike409

mike409 Aficionado (200) Michigan Jan 25, 2012

dude flaked on a trade with me on rate a few years back. luckily i made him ship first.

27. MikeT77

MikeT77 Savant (295) New York Jul 2, 2010

It's not slander, as slander is oral defamation = spoken.

It's libel, which is written "publication" of a defamatory remark.

This wouldn't qualify as libel either, because what the posters were saying was TRUE.

28. I had a rather unpleasant trade situation with him about a year and a half ago.

We set up a trade that involved him sending some FFF and a Revolution beer for a growler of CCB Oatmeal Raisin Cookie and some Bot. I had another trade going out that day, that had the identical contents, only without the growler, and mixed up the boxes at Fedex (which was obviously a mix up on my part).

He decided that the best way to handle this situation was to drunkenly berate me via BM AND invite 3 of his local friends to do so as well. There was a lot of drunken hostility that night, which was later resolved with apologies on all sides, except his, ironically. The guys seemed to be pretty understanding that it was an honest mistake on my side, and were just defending their friend, even if it was @nasty31.

Anyway, if I were you, OP, I'd reach out to:

@awdturboiv
    @jeonseh
    @leftyhyzer

They've all been active in the last few days, and hopefully get you your beer from Andrew.

cavedave likes this.
  29. awdturboiv

awdturboiv Advocate (520) Indiana May 24, 2008

I no longer associate myself with Andrew aka @nasty31...we had a falling out not too long after that incident...surprise surprise... good luck

30. Sorry to bring you up in here then man. Sorry :(

31. awdturboiv

No worries @sandman3479 ... that was an unfortunate incident for sure

32. cfh64

cfh64 Advocate (655) Texas Aug 16, 2005

I can't recall the last time I've seen so many people chime in about being screwed over by one trader. This is bad.

sandman3479, blue-dream and F2brewers like this.
  33. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Savant (280) New York May 15, 2011

I don't get how this guy ever got any trades done. He was a classic low baller. One of the worst actually. Good riddance.

jrnyc, Shilt, cavedave and 1 other person like this.
  34. I got my beer, but I won BIF and he was super, super late to ship. Called him out it in this forum and he blew his lid and got the thread deleted. Then he goes on to screw a bunch of people. Interesting how that works.

cavedave likes this.
  35. unclekeith

Nasty31 made good on his end of the deal. I got my box today. Thanks to those involved. :)

jrnyc, cfh64, sandman3479 and 4 others like this.
  36. Still not ever gonna trade with this guy because of this ^^^^ and about 20 other reasons in this thread... Glad you got your box though

jrnyc, cfh64, sandman3479 and 2 others like this.
  37. Shocked it worked out, but happy for you!

cavedave likes this.
  38. hoerr

Still waiting for my ZD. Will update if/when anything arrives. Definitely stay away from this guy even if he makes good.

jrnyc, sandman3479, cavedave and 2 others like this.
  39. awdturboiv

Bottled today...