1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

*Bad Trader List Update* TIMMYJ21

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by oldp0rt, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I added him 2 weeks ago and simply didn't have time to post this right away. Reported by Kwaz

------------
    The Story: (a thread had been put up but was removed soon

TIMMYJ21 and I set up a trade where I was sending a higher dollar value in beer than he was and he was going to PayPal me the difference ($33). We both sent our boxes and everything was received fine, but he never sent me the PayPal.

Two months and a number of messages later, he fed me varying excuses from "I will send it next week" to a sketchy story about his PayPal account getting hacked. I requested him to send cash or check. He has since stopped responding to my messages but his status shows that he signs into BA nearly every day.
    ---------------

Cash isn't usually part of beer trades and probably shouldn't be. That being said, both parties agreed to the cash and the amount and TimmyJ21 did not follow through. Getting fucked by 30$ whether it's cash or a beer is that same difference. User is still very active (posts everyday) but has chosen to ignore all of my messages and replies to his posts.

TJ was answering mails and had me believing that this mess would be fixed but after (too much) time has passed, still nothing.

Jon
  2. NiceFly

NiceFly Savant (375) Tajikistan Dec 22, 2011

What a dick.
  3. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Savant (355) Minnesota Dec 10, 2006

D to the Bag. Thanks for your continued hard work on this Old Port. Appreciate it.
    BrettHead, Dagsy, Clonies720 and 5 others like this.
  4. maximum12

maximum12 Advocate (735) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

Not cool at all for a Minnesota BA to turn to the dark side; didn't think I'd see it with the good beer people we have up here. Shame on him.
    jebsinger likes this.
  5. this trully bums me out.
  6. Bad_Trader

Bad_Trader Initiate (0) Namibia Nov 8, 2012

Someone tried to trick Timmy into breaking the site's trading rules. Got served!
  7. ant880

ant880 Advocate (630) New York Nov 7, 2010

Fighting...urge...to post...South Park...Ah Timm-ay...jpeg
    Phillyz, yamar68, Michigan and 4 others like this.
  8. Great example of why you shouldn't trade for money. But if you're going to... man... cash up front.
    ShogoKawada likes this.
  9. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Over $33. Seriously. :confused:
  10. Does it really matter over how much it is? I trade with you and send everything but an (agreed upon foufoune). You wouldn't submit me?
    Rainblows, claaark13 and Grant35 like this.
  11. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

I think he means on the other end. This guy ruined his own reputation over $33.
  12. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Sorry, I wasnt being clear there - I can't believe the guy blew his rep over $33.
  13. That's what I thought after I replied to your post. :)
    Rainblows and kmello69 like this.
  14. MykelJH

MykelJH Savant (280) California Aug 3, 2011

So my story with this guy goes as follows. Him and I made trade quite some time ago, I cannot remember exact details but BCS was supposed to be included in my box. Obviously I didnt get it or I wouldnt be posting here. Anyway, I messaged him about it and told him that it wasnt in the box and he replied with oh shit sorry man. So I said no big deal dude, just send it next time or better yet when its released again help me out and try to snag some for me and I would pay him. Well months go by and BCS has been released and I was iso of it. I remembered about this and decided to send him a message about it and asked if he happen to come across any in his area. He said not yet but would keep an eye out for me. He then asked me if I would mule him some pliny, no problem. I aksed him to paypal me and then he said he would hold off for now. He messaged me a few month ago saying he had some bcs for me and asked for an address and said it would be going out soon. I said awesome and thanked him. To this day still nothing.

In all reality its not that big of a deal, but the point is this guy has been really flakey. I just figured Id add here to it and let you know you werent the only one. And IIRC this guy also was 3-4 months late on getting someone a box before, but could be mistaken.
    jrnyc and afksports like this.
  15. ripps1

ripps1 Savant (375) New Jersey Aug 28, 2012

It just seems to me that this guys is a d-bag and one should be very skeptical when trading with him.

Next time BCBS comes around shoot me a BM and I'll grab a bottle for you if you are still interested.
    Runninmixz and MykelJH like this.
  16. Mandark

Mandark Savant (305) Illinois Apr 8, 2008

17. Have to say after reading this thread, I feel lucky. Being relatively new on here, TimmyJ21 was my first trading partner in January. He asked for me to ship first, which I understood, and did right away. It did take him a couple of weeks to get my shipment out, he said he wanted to ship the "freshest" Surly that he could. I was a little nervous it being my first trade, but it the end I feel he came through. More beer and extra's than I expected. Solid trade in my book. Sorry to hear about your bad trade/experience. =(
  18. TIMMYJ21

TIMMYJ21 Aficionado (210) Minnesota Apr 29, 2010

Well I guess I will respond, This is taken care of as of last week.
    oldp0rt likes this.
  19. juliusseizure

juliusseizure Savant (420) New York Feb 11, 2009

BCBS 2012? If yes, how much do you want?
  20. MykelJH

MykelJH Savant (280) California Aug 3, 2011

To both who have message me about it, not to worry I have tons! I figured I would just share my experience is all. Thank you both though.
  21. Quick update.

TJ actually came through recently and paid his dues. Just thought people should know.

I Also added that note to the list.
    MykelJH, whiskey and jgluck like this.
  22. juliusseizure

juliusseizure Savant (420) New York Feb 11, 2009

I figured, no one should be wanting for BCBS 2012 this year. There was enough to share with everyone in quantities.
  23. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Savant (260) California Dec 1, 2011

Um, California traders still want for it, soooo.... yea
  24. jriggins6

jriggins6 Savant (340) Colorado May 18, 2011

GA traders still want some also!!!
    Mavajo likes this.

25. So he can't redeem himself and get off the BTL?
  26. Photekut

Photekut Initiate (0) Tennessee Mar 31, 2006

I would hope not.

At best what the list can do in my opinion is give you a heads up to tread with care if you decide to make a trade with somone on the list. Being on the list does not ban you from trading.

I'd like to know if someone had to be outted in the past to ship, etc.
    I would choose not to trade with them, but if they were erased from the BTL and the threads got deleted I would not have all the information I "COULD" have had before making a decision.

Some current good traders may really be bad traders that "life" just has not happened to yet.
    Your true colors come out when you have to decide to honor a commitment or not (even over the interwebs).
    This happens over and over...

Trading is enough of a gamble dealing with all the travel and handling of the package even if nothing else goes wrong. I do not want to have to worry that my partner just lost his job or similar and decided "fuck it, life happened!" after I shipped.
  27. No. If being dropped off the list would be that easy, people could just fuck around and make things right when they feel like trading again. It would take away all credibility to the list.
  28. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (545) California Dec 12, 2009

Pictures or it didn't happen!!! o_O
  29. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

You have to stick to the agreement whether it's $33 or $3, doesn't matter.
    woodchopper likes this.
  30. Sad to see this thread. I've traded with TIMMYJ21 four times now and each time he's been solid on communication and shipping. Crazy good hookup and always shoots out the freshest stuff possible. Solid trader all around despite the listing.

Sucks that things went down the way they did, but it seems like an exception not the rule.

Glad to see he made it right.
    j47paco and MykelJH like this.
  31. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

I had an awesome White German Shepherd once. Nicest dog you'd ever meet, never bit anyone.....until the day he bit the mailman in the face.
  32. A man is sitting at a bar, drinking, and he says to no one in particular, "A man can spend his life building bridges. Do they call him John the Bridge Builder? No.

A man can spend his life raising crops. Do they call him John the Farmer? No.

But you fuck one goat . . ."

33. I'm not sure I understand. Do you not agree with this listing?
  34. tommyz

tommyz Savant (440) Michigan May 28, 2007

Its a real old joke...
  35. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (620) New York Mar 21, 2010

Just because someone comes through after going off the list, they dont come off. Maybe a note on the list, but he earned his way onto to the bad trader list.
    cavedave, domtronzero and Photekut like this.
  36. There is a note on the list.
    Michigan likes this.
  37. Just my $.02. I have had nothing but good relations with him. I know this may not excuse what happened, but just thought I'd mention he's been nothing but stellar with me.
  38. Thank you for sharing.
  39. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (705) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

I've also had positive past interactions with Timmy. Exception versus rule, yada yada
    j47paco likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.