1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bad Trader/Trustee Alert: GuruDel

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by javincik, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

It doesn't matter whether it is on his wall or not, it was on facebook. I just said wall because I didn't know what else to call it. I'm also too cool for private BA facebook groups. ;)

2. kaips1

kaips1 Savant (285) Kentucky Feb 20, 2011

i love how i can see 2 different arguments depending if its on FB or BA. haha gotta love it

3. cavedave

cavedave Champion (940) New York Mar 12, 2009

The guy has the time to fuck around on fb, time to brief his ticker buddy, has said he has no time for internet or shipping, is sitting on possibly empty now bottles of someone else's beer for months, and now some of you are worried he will grab an excuse someone hands him here and decide not to send beer he owes?

Get real, the only thing missing from this is an actual photo of gurudel and his ticker apologist on here in a picture thumbing their noses, and a caption reading nyaaahhhh nyaaahhhh.

Lordkrystic, jrnyc and Photekut like this.

4. This very statement is why I would never defend GuruDel. He OFFERED to help. If you can't follow thru, don't offer to help. It's that simple...

Photekut and JohnB87 like this.
  5. gdodd12

gdodd12 Aficionado (205) Georgia Oct 1, 2009

Yep. Didn't see a single shred of "giving-a-fuck" out of him in that thread.

DoctorRock likes this.
  6. gdodd12

gdodd12 Aficionado (205) Georgia Oct 1, 2009

I can assure you that you are 100% wrong here.

Shagtastic likes this.
  7. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

• Horrible Communication
    • Consistently using the "I'll ship it out this weekend" phrase, then disappearing for weeks
    • Has time to log into facebook to join the bitchfest, but not enough time to log into BA/call/send a text.
    • 3 months later, still has hundreds, if not thousands of dollars of somebody else's stuff that he VOLUNTEERED to pick up for the OP
    You need to put his bitch ass on that Bad Trader list immediately and sleep better at night knowing he will screw over one less person in the future.

If you vehemently defend this man for his actions, consider yourself a "questionable at best" trader in my book.

8. Patrick

What's the name of this Facebook wall group page?

9. Jparkanzky

Jparkanzky Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

What is this going to solve? Let's just hope the OP can get his beer, find a new trustee, and warn others.....

10. Patrick

I was gonna go in there and capture the objective.

11. gn0sis

gn0sis Savant (290) Massachusetts Dec 17, 2007

It's the Beer Group, invite only, closed to new members. Apparently the mods aren't approving new members either because I know a few who have been 'suggested' and still have not been let in after months.

Patrick likes this.
  12. Domeshot14

Domeshot14 Savant (270) California Jul 10, 2011

Sounds like its being run by the same people complaining about not getting in the hoarders society. Gotta stay elite!

13. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

There is a group called Beer lovers I am in. It's closed so people don't randomly spam it, but anyone can get in.

14. Does it show up in a search? I thought it was changed to private. No bs in that group at all.

15. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

I am in Facebook group of one. It is fun, I bitch to myself about feeling entitled and the proper definition of hype.....then lament my lack of beers like Ann. I get drunk and post to myself then the next day when sober I call myself out for being such a fuckface. Everyone should try it!

16. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

no thanks, i am already married

17. mcaulifww

mcaulifww Initiate (0) Virginia Aug 18, 2011

1. I have no iea how this hasn't been deleted yet

2. The trustee seems like the epitome of FacePalm

3. All I can think of when I see GuruDel is Grundel

4. This is probably the best thread ever.

Patrick likes this.
  18. Patrick

mcaulifww likes this.
  19. wingedeel

wingedeel Savant (410) Indiana Nov 17, 2005

Yeh, I'll do you one better. I put every single other member to this site except you on ignore. This site rocks now .

Krumb, JohnB87 and MordorMongo like this.
  20. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Hahahaha, yeah you win! ;)

21. Krumb

Krumb Savant (290) Texas Jan 30, 2008

When you post, we all win.

22. sorry for you troubles, but i can help you out for the interim. ill be going up there next saturday to pick up my WC's and i can pick up yours if youd like. just send me some bottle shippers and ill send it within the week.

Photekut likes this.
  23. Just wanted to provide an update. I have received 12 of a total of 18 bottles from GuruDel. Will post another update upon receipt of remainder.

24. sind310

sind310 Aficionado (175) California Nov 15, 2011

I'll knock on his door for Floyds or Southern Tier! I feel awful for you. Hope the guy grows some(you know what)... It's a price privilege to be a trustee. Guy needs to retire his trustee cap.

ehammond1 and Photekut like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.