Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine and get 12 issues / year of fresh beer content delivered to your door each month.

Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Baladin's Xyauyu Barrel

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ynnpar, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Bought a bottle for a special occasion the other day for $61. Special occasion was indeed special and we ended up drinking the whole bottle. Overall i feel a bit let down given the cost - not because I thought it was bad, but more because it didn't strike me as that different from the original versions. The fume remains my favorite of the series, I think - lots of wonderful different flavors in there. Anyone had any experience with the barrel version yet? Thoughts?

2. Overlord

Overlord Advocate (665) California Jun 28, 2007

Could you be a bit more specific about what the drinking experience was like? Maybe go into a bit more detail about the flavor, smell, mouthfeel, and overall drinkability?

3. kevanb

kevanb Champion (810) Illinois Apr 4, 2011 Verified Subscriber

4. I'm not a great reviewer but will give it a shot when I get some more time. Flavor and smell somewhat sweeter than the regular Xyauyu, mouthfeel the same, very drinkable for the high ABV. Reminded me of a dessert wine, sort of.

5. Etan

Etan Champion (765) Wisconsin Jul 11, 2011

Sweeter than which regular Xyauyu? There are 3, not including Fume and Terre.