1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bank Account Taking A Beating

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by tcampbel1, Mar 24, 2012.

1. tcampbel1

tcampbel1 Aficionado (225) Oregon May 17, 2010

What a great time to be in the great Pacific NW.

My wallet is not happy though. During this 2 week period of time here are the releases:

Upright Blend Love
    Bottleworks XIII
    Cascade Blueberry
    Cascade The Vine

Great brews. Can't wait to try them all.
  2. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Me too. Just got back from a trip to Portland.

2011 Abyss x4
    Upright Gose x2
    50/50 Eclipse Rye
    Arctic Devil
    Cascade Blueberry x2
    and the BWXIII tomorrow.

Ouch
  3. I agree. I wish I had waited to order Blueberry so I could have combined the orders at Cascade. Can't wait to see how much Bottleworks is tomorrow. Plus I hope to have someone at the Beatification release.
  4. Mahlik

Mahlik Aficionado (245) Oregon Aug 21, 2010

I feel you. My wallet is working overtime. Just today, I picked up 2 bottles of Upright Fantasia Five (Five aged on Fantasia barrels) and 2 bottles of Cascade Blueberry. Then I'll be picking up 3 bottles of Blend Love and at least 1 bottle of The Vine next weekend.

I actually had the "original" blueberry at the Cascade Barrel House tonight. So tasty.
  5. Shmeal

Shmeal Savant (495) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

I know the feeling. Got 3 bottles of blueberry on Thursday, picking up 3 bottles of Fantasia Five today, and probably splurging on a case of Blend Love next week.

Beer>rent
  6. Mahlik

I forgot that that I was picking up a couple of bottles of The Commons Brotherly Love today as well. I'm pretty excited to try this beer. I'll probably snag another bottle or two of the Fantasia Five next weekend at the Upright 3rd Year anniversary party (if they have some left).

Man, splurging on a case of Blend Love, huh? I'd love to do that (especially if it's as good or better than Four Play) but I just made a bunch of trades for Hunahpu so my beer budget isn't as large as usual. But having 5 bottles of Hunahpu is not a bad thing.

I like Beer>rent. Unfortunately, it's sad but true.
  7. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

I'm going down to Portland next week for the Love release and will be swinging by Cascade to pick up the Blueberry/Vine. My biggest problem is going to be trying to decide how many of the Blueberry/Vine to get.
  8. If anybody could snag me some Fantasia Five I would pay you back with cash or beer. I won't. E able to make it back to Portland for a week or two and I dont want to miss that one.
  9. Shmeal

Shmeal Savant (495) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

I really enjoy Blend Love, had it the last time it was on tap at the tasting room.
  10. Did you manage to pick up a COUPLE of bottles of Brotherly love? I thought there were only 150 bottles made.
  11. I'm not sure what the limit was, but I picked up 3 bottles of the Brotherly Love at the release. The Commons is one of my favorite breweries in Portland, basically everything I've had from them has been good. Can't wait to crack open a bottle of the Brotherly Love
  12. Mahlik

I did. My girlfriend and I got a bottle each. I got #109 and she got #143 (not sure why the bottle numbers were so far apart). I'm not sure if there was a limit or not.
  13. Anyone from Seattle going down to the Blend Love release in Portland on Friday please message me.
  14. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,100) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

Is the time accurate on the event start? I'll be in Portland that day, and in fact will be driving back to Seattle that afternoon. Unfortunately, if the event doesn't start until 4:30 (according to the BA calendar), I can't stick around that late.
  15. Mahlik

The time is accurate. The tasting room doesn't open til 4:30. They are not opening up early for the anniverary party.
  16. tcampbel1

It's a shame it's a Friday release. Last years Sunday morning event was one of the best releases I've ever been to.
  17. John_M

Th
    That's unfortunate. Yeah, I knew 4:30 is the usual time they open on Fridays, but I was hoping that maybe for the anniversary event, they would open a bit earlier.
  18. Yeah That would have been nice. Hit up Cascade Thursday night for the Vine and some Blueberry, Then Upright and be back to Seattle in time for bed.
  19. hopsbreath

hopsbreath Savant (475) Oregon Aug 28, 2009

I've managed to curtail my beer spending lately but with all these releases I'm probably about to change that. Blend Love actually looks like a pretty good deal at $125 a case. At just over $10 a bottle that might be the best bang for the buck among local sours. That's where I'm spending my money on Friday. See you guys there when the doors open!
  20. djbreezy

djbreezy Advocate (510) Washington Dec 16, 2008

You guys are hoarders! You don't need to buy every beer. :p
  21. boMD

boMD Savant (315) Oregon Feb 8, 2009

Hoarding=ticking.
  22. djbreezy

djbreezy Advocate (510) Washington Dec 16, 2008

Potatoe, potato...who cares? :rolleyes:
  23. jag21

jag21 Savant (265) Washington Apr 21, 2010

I would also like to suggest that anybody heading down from Seattle who wants to fill out a case of Blend Love message me, I can make it worth that person's effort. That is a beer my bank account can handle.
  24. could be tough since its a 1 case / person limit.
  25. jag21

jag21 Savant (265) Washington Apr 21, 2010

True, but here's to hoping somebody wants to get less than a case but wants the case discount. And wants a couple sweet beers from me as compensation. . .
  26. Actually I thought you meant that after I wrote it :).
    This would also benefit them too since the case is a great price.
  27. tcampbel1

Bank account ended up not taking that big of a hit. Picked up a few Blues and Vines, didn't make it up to Bottleworks, and Blend Love sold out. By the number of people at Upright today at 1 they could have had a 6 bottle limit and still sell out this weekend. I guess I am now ISO Blend Love.
  28. There is plenty of BWXIII left.
  29. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

Did there appear to be enough of Blueberry/Vine to last a while? What other bottles were available at Cascade?
  30. John_M

Was there on Friday at the Barrel House. Beers to go included the Vine, Blueberry, 2009 Sang Royal and the Kriek (I believe). Brittainy also mentioned that Cascade would be releasing a bottled version of the Sang Noir as well, though I'm not exactly sure when (sounded as if it would be soon though). Had not heard that before. You could also get a "handgrenade" to go of the cranberry and I thnk the strawberry wheat.

I didn't inquire about availability, but they seemed to be running through the blueberry pretty quickly. I'm not sure about the vine, but I would expect that would be around for a while. In the past you could find bottles of the vine at bottle shops and even better grocery stores around town.

Price was $17 a bottle for everything other than the Sang Royal, which was $23.