1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bar for Superbowl near Lake Placid?

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by TheNoodleIncident, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Any suggestions? We are technically in Wilmington, near Whiteface Mountain. The places within Lake Placid were all very nice, but not exactly prime for Superbowl watching (at least the ones I saw. Maybe there are more?). I'm looking for something with lots of TVs, wings and a fun atmosphere. Good beer is a big plus, but I think I can deal with a limited selection if everything else is good.

2. When I was there over the summer, Lake Placid Brewing seemed like a decent spot to catch a game....

3. We actually tried to get in there on Saturday night, but it was too crowded. Seemed like a nice place, but I didn't see a bunch of TVs so maybe not the best spot for a game? We ended up at the Dancing Bear with a table near the bar, which worked our fairly well. Beer line-up was pretty lame, but great prices till 7pm. And $6 for a huge plate of nachos can't be beat.

4. bosshop

bosshop Aficionado (130) New York Sep 13, 2012

Way too late on this, and I do not recall seeing a television, but there are only three words you need to know in regards to Lake Placid and beer:

Liquids and Solids

That place is ridiculous!!!