1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Barley Vine, Bristol, CT

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by xanok, Nov 7, 2012.

1. xanok

xanok Savant (395) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

Just wanted to put the word out they've had BCBS on tap for a few days now, along with a keg of FBS that was tapped yesterday.
  2. Too bad it's snowing out now, otherwise I'd drop by after work. :( I've been meaning to check out Barley Vine since hearing about their opening.
  3. xanok

xanok Savant (395) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

Certainly worth it. Great place. Setup reminds me a lot of the Armsby Abbey in Worcester.

Ate there last night too. One-person pizza was quite good. GFs mac and cheese was so-so.
  4. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Yeah,I saw this earlier.
    Cracks me up as I have been told that southern CT. has received "some"logs,(no bottles yet)and will not be releasing them until the entire shipment comes in.I saw Plan B in Glastonbury put a log on about a month ago.......o_O

I wish they would atleast give us the logs to nibble on here in S.CT. while we wait.

Cheers All........
    seplo likes this.
  5. Was it a distributor who said that? They're probably afraid of bars gouging the price if they're the only one(s) in town with FBS or BCBS on tap.

COME TRY THE ONLY FOUNDERS BREAKFAST STOUT ON TAP IN TOWN!!!
    (only $24.99 per 5 oz. glass)
  6. There's some BCBS on tap in West Hartford as well in case anyone is looking to get their fix.
  7. bootdown21

bootdown21 Savant (395) Connecticut May 14, 2009

Where exactly? I got a fix...
  8. I can get as much as anybody wants, in terms of bottles. PM me if you're interested. WIll be at New England Brewing tomorrow afternoon...
  9. Visited Barley Vine last night with the significant other and a few friends, and I gotta say, it's definitely a place worth checking out. Atmosphere and food are great.

This is Barley Vine's tap list from a Facebook posting on Tuesday. To my recollection everything is still available, including FBS and BCBS.

Smutty Nose Old Brown Dog Ale
    Sebago Elegans Saison
    Cavalry Marauder
    Brooklyn Fiat Lux
    Charter Oak Brown Ale
    Founders Breakfast Stout
    Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
    Goose Island Minx
    Goose Island Matilda
    Back East Ale
    Woodstock Brewery Pig's Ear Brown Ale
    Southern Tier 2X Milk Stout