1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Barleywine & Big Beer & Lucky Lab

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by pkasten, Mar 7, 2013.

1. pkasten

pkasten Aficionado (220) Oregon Jun 17, 2005

http://barleywinefest.weebly.com/beers.html

The list is shaping up nicely for this weekend's fest: Melange 3, Peche n Brett, Barrel Aged Bigfoot, 2009, 11, 12, and 13 Bigfoot, Hypnosis, Super Nebula, Barrel Aged Son of Old Yeller, Stone Oak-Smoked Old Guardian, JW Lees, etc.

2. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (620) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

Looks a lot better than years past. I didn't even go in 2012, the list was so underwhelming.

3. I'm really looking forward to this fest (and always do every year) and am planning to be there both days...

The New School blog posted some notes from the preview a couple weeks ago.

4. DimensionX

DimensionX Savant (325) Oregon Oct 1, 2010

looks pretty promising to me, I'll be stopping by on Friday eve

5. boMD

boMD Savant (315) Oregon Feb 8, 2009

This has always been a favorite event of mine and I took a hiatus last year. Looking to get back into it this Saturday afternoon.

6. eatabagofbooger

eatabagofbooger Savant (295) Oregon Mar 27, 2009

Stoked about this one-I'll be showing up at noon both days to (hopefully) avoid the crowds. Also, are we looking at different lists? I don't see BA Bigfoot on the linked list, and I only see 2009 Bigfoot.

7. pkasten

pkasten Aficionado (220) Oregon Jun 17, 2005

A number of kegs have just arrived, and the Bigfoot vintages/barrel aged are among them. It will be updated shortly. Looks like Arctic Devil hasn't made its way to the list yet either.

8. Last I went was 2010 or was it 2011? Either way they have stepped it up but the 2006 Doggie Claws we had was f'n marvelous! I may have to go back next year.

9. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

Will be there Friday as soon as I get checked in to hotel and make my way over.
    Cheers

10. Spaceloaf

Spaceloaf Aficionado (215) Oregon Nov 27, 2008

I've mostly been skipping these, but I agree that this list looks very impressive this year. I'll probably be wandering over.

11. Ill be there tmw in the awesome weather. After work and after forrest park run. Looking fwd to it.
    A-

12. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

Had a great time there yesterday. On way to Eugene heard rumor they might have an IPA or 2 at 16 Tons.