Dismiss Notice
Microbrew Invitational
Join us June 3 + 4 in Boston and help us drink 300+ beers, ciders, kombuchas, meads, sakes and more!

TICKETS: beeradvocate.com/micro/

Barrel-Aged Beer Tasting @ CCTH in Kalamazoo April 12th

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by decadance, Mar 20, 2012.

1. decadance

decadance Savant (405) Texas Mar 14, 2010

Title says it all. Central City Taphouse in Kalamazoo will be holding a Barrel-Aged Beer event April 12 featuring Bourbon County Stout, Bourbon County Bramble, Bourbon County Coffee, and King Henry. No word on cost, but it will be taster pours.

[​IMG]

Mothergoose03 and MacJenkins like this.
  2. adamdd

adamdd Savant (365) Michigan May 9, 2011 Verified

That got solidified quickly. He was just telling me about his plans for this on Friday. Sounds like a good night!

3. raymo55

raymo55 Advocate (510) Michigan Oct 3, 2011 Beer Trader

DAMMIT....of course....on my sons birthday...:mad:

4. hoppymeal

hoppymeal Savant (455) Michigan Jun 25, 2005

nice, thanks for the heads up

5. robboyd

robboyd Savant (305) Indiana Aug 7, 2011

Thanks for posting. I just talked to Brandon (really great guy) about the event and I'm trying to make plans to get up there. One of the cooler bar sponsored tastings I've seen in a while.

6. jale

jale Savant (485) Michigan Oct 17, 2009

I'm in.

7. decadance

Brandon is the man. One of my favorite people in the beer scene here in Kalamazoo, and a good friend. I am assuming you are the gentleman from Indiana he just texted me about. Looking forward to meeting you

adamdd likes this.
  8. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (410) Michigan Jan 7, 2012 Beer Trader

Pretty thrilled this is on a Thursday... 2 hours away.... Gah. Suck.

9. adamdd

Definitely second that sentiment. He runs a tight ship, and is definitely one of the best bar managers I've ever seen. He loves his job and it shows! CC Tap House puts on nice events, so it's worth coming if you can.

10. Mscarpen

Mscarpen Savant (420) Tennessee Apr 2, 2011 Beer Trader

I'm over in WI, but might find an excuse to get out that way for the event. Sounds awesome!

11. raymo55

Plus...I coach little league and practice is on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is killing me...haha

12. TheMonk41

TheMonk41 Savant (270) Michigan Dec 9, 2011 Beer Trader

Hell of a drive for a Thursday night ... BUT ... I'm seriously thinking about.

13. decadance

I would love to see all of you long distance people for certain...Perhaps we could set up something for the out of towners.

14. TheMonk41

Not sure if you remember me ... we stood in the KBS line together all night. Was with my wife, her brother and his girlfriend.

15. decadance

Well heck yes I do. Send me a PM if you plan on coming over, I am certain I can get something together.

16. MacJenkins

MacJenkins Aficionado (215) Michigan Feb 14, 2012 Beer Trader

Thanks for the heads up. On a side note, I'm fairly new to the forums and was wondering if any of you Kalamazoo folk ever got together for tastings or would be interested in doing so. I'd love to meet some fellow beer enthusiasts in the area and share some pours.

raymo55 likes this.
  17. Steimie

Steimie Advocate (590) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

If you drive, I'll pay for the gas. This looks like a good time.

18. TheMonk41

GDI! You guys are not making this easy ...

19. rjm217

rjm217 Aficionado (205) Michigan Mar 18, 2011 Beer Trader

I was told that they are doing flights, and that it is on a first come first serve basis. There is enough for 72 flights according to the manager I talked to.

20. decadance

I didn't know the exact number, but sounds about right. The flights will be 4-5oz pours.

21. decadance

Oh, there might be some other things now planned to possibly be on tap this day. Other things that would be appreciated.

Also, some discussion of setting up a BA table for the event. We are looking forward to seeing all of you (and no, I do not work for them, I just have no life).

22. robboyd

robboyd Savant (305) Indiana Aug 7, 2011

You're killing me! It's not looking like I'm going to be able to make the trip on a Thursday night. Planning my wedding so my PTO days are somewhat limited for the rest of the year. I'm pretty sure my dad and sister are going to make the trip. Maybe we can meet up for a few the next time I'm in K-Zoo though. I'm probably going to do some trading with Brandon the next time I'm up.

23. gratefulbeerhead

gratefulbeerhead Champion (775) Indiana Dec 7, 2009 Beer Trader

I'm planning on being there and sounds like Todd is working on a BA table. So if there is anyone who is looking for anything from IN, let me know. Stuff I can get not in MI, 3F of course, Tyranena, NBB, Six Point, New Albanian and probably some others that i can't think of at the moment. Send a BM is interested.

24. Jakers90

Jakers90 Aficionado (225) Michigan Mar 13, 2011

Is this the centenial titanic anniversary party, hope its better than there first one I heard it was a pretty cold event.

25. raymo55

Hey "gratefulbeerhead"...score me a BA Behemoth and I will make it WELL worth it!!! Friends forever?!

26. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (375) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

Still haven't gotten one man?!

27. raymo55

Nope...about to give up on it....not trading half my cellar for a FFF beer

28. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Advocate (670) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Are all these going to be on tap, or will they be pouring out of the bottle?

29. decadance

Bottles. Though there will likely be some other things on tap that will be 1. a surprise and 2. awesome.

30. MarcatGSB

Sounds like a good event...anyone down in that area see any BCBS on tap popping up in the last month or so?

31. decadance

None that I know of. Sounds like each establishment (KBE, CCTH, maybe one other) each got 1 keg of KBS as well.

32. adamdd

Rumor has it that a keg or two of the current BCBS might make it to the Kzoo area. CCTH got one last year, so I'm hoping they get another.

33. raymo55

:eek:

34. FINEBEERGUY

FINEBEERGUY Aficionado (205) Michigan Aug 10, 2011 Beer Trader

I'd better plan on heading out there then just in case. See you all there!

35. brandonban

brandonban Zealot (80) Michigan Nov 3, 2010

I dont think we will be seeing any BCBS kegs. But there are some other great beers that will be going on tap that night.

adamdd, raymo55 and decadance like this.
  36. adamdd

I sure didn't mean to imply that this was in regards to next weeks event. Guess I should have used the reply feature on Marc's inital question. Just my wishful thinking that maybe we will see some draft BCBS later on this spring/summer somewhere in Michigan. Until then, I am looking forward to getting some poured from a bottle next Thursday.

And yes, I did quote myself.

MarcatGSB and decadance like this.
  37. brandonban

brandonban Zealot (80) Michigan Nov 3, 2010

Well here is the unofficial draft list for thursday night - Goose Island Matilda, Goose Island Pere Jacques, Goose Island Sofie, Goose Island Nut Brown Ale, Founders KBS, Livery Cherry Bomb Sour Barrel Aged Doppelbock, Livery Runemeister Sour Barrel Aged Imperial Honey Pilsener, and Bourbon Barrel Aged Grand Reserve Trippelweizenbock.

decadance and adamdd like this.
  38. raymo55

Ummm....WOW! I will be there by 4pm! Thanks Brandon

39. MarcatGSB

Dah...Might have to make the 10 hour drive to troll land just for this event...

40. decadance

Told you guys it might get epic ;)