1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Barrel aged Bigfoot in NYC area

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Denoas, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Denoas

Denoas Aficionado (215) New York Jan 22, 2013

Has anyone heard when it will hit the city? I can't wait for this. Love regular Bigfoot & this promises to be amazing. Thanks for any info.
  2. marshmeli

marshmeli Savant (425) New York Feb 14, 2012

Haven't heard anything yet myself but also looking forward to this.
  3. Denoas

I know it's already released in California & making its way towards the east coast. Hopefully early February. Anything I find out, I'll post it in this thread.
  4. marshmeli

Yeah I know some Cali people that were able to grab some the past few days. Anyone know how much will make to the regular dist chains?
  5. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (385) New York Jan 13, 2010

It'll probably be as limited, or even more scare than the GI Cherry Rye (most stores getting only 1 case). I'm pretty compulsive (and annoying) when it comes to bothering WF, Top Hops, and New Beer about releases, so if I hear anything, I'll let you guys know, as long as someone promises to save me a bottle.
  6. marshmeli

I have heard it has made its way to the distributor for the Rochester area, so hopefully coming downstate soon.
  7. mark14580

mark14580 Initiate (0) New York Jan 15, 2011

Hmmm I haven't heard about anything around here (Rochester). Anyone else?
  8. Denoas

That's great. I heard from a local distributor that they will be getting a Sierra Nevada shipment on Friday, hopefully it's in that shipment.
  9. MisterBisco

MisterBisco Savant (485) New York Feb 18, 2009

I haven't even seen regular Bigfoot around the NYC area (Midtown and Brooklyn) yet.
  10. mark14580

In rochester? Where?
  11. I got it marked up at tap and mallet for $25 after beers of the world said they didn't have it. Someone just said Beers of the World had it for $19 though. So either they were sold out or lying.
  12. mark14580

Damn I called them too and they said they didn't have it. I fear I'm gonna get shut out of this one. Shady practices abound.
  13. Very shady practices, the guy who said BOTW had it thinks they might still have it. Maybe the guy is messing with me.....
  14. BOTW got it in today. 1 case left.
  15. How many did they let you buy?
  16. Only got to buy 1 bottle.
  17. If it's $19 retail, $25 at a bar seems pretty fair...
  18. Denoas

Anyone has any info when this is reaching NYC? Should be soon.
  19. Spoke with a guy at WF in Columbus Circle yesterday. He could not recall if BA Bigfoot had been ordered but mentioned that many recent products had been delayed in the city due to warehouses still being rebuilt after Sandy. Not sure how this may impact this particular delivery....
  20. jaIsPoAn

jaIsPoAn Savant (365) New York Aug 1, 2012

Any on long island?
  21. Denoas

Had no idea, Thanks.
    Searched around & didn't find anything. Asked someone at Whole Foods Bowery & he didn't have a clue. Don't think it has hit town yet. But I did manage to find some Smoking Wood, can't wait to try it.
  22. JoeyBeerBelly

JoeyBeerBelly Initiate (0) New York Dec 15, 2006

I got a bottle at Syosset Beverage yesterday (I was on a list) for $20.
    They only got 6 bottles and I'm not sure if or how many other beer stores on LI got some.
    Good Luck & Cheers!
  23. just got the regular bigfoot in poughkeepsie, ny last week, no sign of a barrel aged yet though
  24. jaIsPoAn

jaIsPoAn Savant (365) New York Aug 1, 2012

Got it thanks
  25. Crookdrain

Stopped into Eagle today but no BA Bigfoot yet. Manager didn't seem to know if they would get it, but said if so, it would be next week. Also never realized how old and expired some of the 6ers they carry there are. Put back a 6 pack of Two Brothers Long Haul that expired in June and another 6er that expired last March.
  26. HugeBulge

HugeBulge Savant (370) New York Dec 31, 2012

I heard only 6 cases went to long island and my local store got 6 bottles.
  27. Denoas

Wow only 6 cases. Damn now I'm worried I may not get a bottle of this. I'll keep looking around & keep you guys posted.
  28. Crookdrain

I'm stopping by New Beer today to inquire about BA Bigfoot and Sucaba. Will post here if they have it/getting it soon.
  29. Crookdrain

No BA Bigfoot or Sucaba at New Beer or Top Hops. Still no info on when they're coming in.
  30. Crookdrain

Foodtown of Harlem just updated their beermenu saying they have both GI Coffee (for $29.99) and SN BA Bigfoot (for $19.99).
  31. Crookdrain

32. marshmeli

33. Crookdrain

Who wants to go to Harlem and get me a bottle?
  34. marshmeli

You may not have the time, but its a pretty quick trip via the D train from Manhattan actually to get up there.
  35. I just called C-town and right now they only have regular bigfoot, the guy said they might get it friday but its not definite, the guy sounded like he knew what he was talking about which was nice for a change
  36. Crookdrain

Had a false call at American Beer Distributors. Called and told me they just got it in. Ran there from work only to find out the woman meant regular Bigfoot (despite me constantly saying "barrel Aged" and "big bottle". Ugh.
    Good Beet told me probably end of week.
  37. Denoas

I managed to get the last bottle at Foodtown of Harlem. Thanks for the info.

Damn I hate that. It's happened to me with Cherry rye when I show up they have coffee stout.
  38. Crookdrain

Argh!! Didn't leave me any???

If anyone sees anymore of this around NYC, please BM me. I really want a bottle and was hoping Foodtown still had some today. Thanks!
  39. Denoas

It was the last bottle. I'll send you a BM if I see any around.
    Crookdrain likes this.
  40. I picked up 5 at Beverage Barn in East Meadow and 1 in Massapequa. Last time I checked both places are sold out now.