1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Barrel Aged Bigfoot

Discussion in 'US - South' started by drfabulous, Feb 8, 2013.

1. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

I've heard that have been a sighting or two elsewhere in Kentucky. Has this come and gone in Lexington? I'm wondering if I missed it.

2. I would also be interested in hearing about this...

3. Hit Louisville early last week.

4. Seriously? where and do you think its all dried up?

5. monkey

monkey Zealot (90) Kentucky Aug 7, 2008

I picked up a bottle at the Beaumont Liquor Barn on Wednesday. They had them behind the counter so it's hard to say how much they got / is left.

6. drfabulous

Wouldn't you know it. When I was there Sunday, I asked: Are you getting any? And the response I got was: What is that?

7. Damn you guys and your Beaumont LB gem finds!

8. drfabulous

They still have some!

9. Liquor Barn had it.

10. harperman69

harperman69 Savant (355) Tennessee Feb 11, 2009

I s this available in Tennessee? Been wanting it.

11. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (685) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

Still waiting for regular Bigfoot to hit Bowling Green.:(

12. I got one today at LB Shelbyville. Ddnt ask how much they had left.

13. Only 3 cases came to TN for retail sale. I know of 28 bottles between 3 stores that are sold out. Another store got some and sold out as well, so I'm not sure what their allocation was, but that doesn't leave good odds of finding anywhere with it on shelves... That said, 2 additional cases were split up between a few bars for onsite consumption. I know one of them is Brewhouse Midtown but was told the price was "very steep".. I'm scared to know exactly how much

14. So, I didn't realize this, but LB Hamburg started putting expensive beer behind glass with the expensive scotches and other stuff. Beer guy there told me and said this was their last one, not sure if that's true or not though. It was definitely the only one out on display.
    [​IMG]

15. Ive seen it at LBS and Evergreen Liquors in Middletown, both in the past week.

16. brian44556

brian44556 Savant (275) Kentucky Aug 29, 2009

Springhurst (5 cases) and Fern Valley (case on display Thursday) LB's had it. Louisville Beer Store also had it earlier this week.

17. sommersb

sommersb Advocate (580) Tennessee May 25, 2010

Wow that came and went fast...dang, was hoping to get one of these in Nashville.

18. erichall

erichall Aficionado (175) Kentucky Nov 13, 2008

Tried some the other night. Very very good. Not many other barrel aged beers on this ones level. Perfect amount of bourbon, malt and hops. Drinks like a barleywine with some age on it.

Got a case in elizabethtown at packages & more liquors. Still have some left.

19. ortie

ortie Savant (320) Kentucky Nov 10, 2011

I got one at LB Beaumont Thursday.

20. LB Beaumont is sold out. Went to LB Hamburg on Monday morning the lady said I got the last one. Who knows but they didn't have any on display. Good news for anybody in the Lexington area that still wants this, yesterday at LB Richmond Rd. there were about 3 on the shelf, and I asked and they still had a case of it in stock. Also, Pazzo's still might have some as well if you don't care about taking the bottle home.

21. Northern Kentucky stores such as Party Source and Cork N Bottle received bottles over the past couple weeks. Not sure if it is in stock at either locations anymore.