1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Barrel Aged Bigfoot

Discussion in 'US - South' started by drfabulous, Feb 8, 2013.

1. drfabulous

drfabulous Member

I've heard that have been a sighting or two elsewhere in Kentucky. Has this come and gone in Lexington? I'm wondering if I missed it.
  2. TheBeerAlmanac

TheBeerAlmanac Member

I would also be interested in hearing about this...
  3. johnking82

johnking82 Member

Hit Louisville early last week.
  4. TwelveOunces

TwelveOunces Member

Seriously? where and do you think its all dried up?
  5. monkey

monkey Member

I picked up a bottle at the Beaumont Liquor Barn on Wednesday. They had them behind the counter so it's hard to say how much they got / is left.
  6. drfabulous

drfabulous Member

Wouldn't you know it. When I was there Sunday, I asked: Are you getting any? And the response I got was: What is that?
  7. TheBeerAlmanac

TheBeerAlmanac Member

Damn you guys and your Beaumont LB gem finds!
  8. drfabulous

drfabulous Member

They still have some!
  9. johnking82

johnking82 Member

Liquor Barn had it.
  10. harperman69

harperman69 Member

I s this available in Tennessee? Been wanting it.
  11. semibaked

semibaked Member

Still waiting for regular Bigfoot to hit Bowling Green.:(
  12. TwelveOunces

TwelveOunces Member

I got one today at LB Shelbyville. Ddnt ask how much they had left.
  13. TheGordianKnot

TheGordianKnot Member

Only 3 cases came to TN for retail sale. I know of 28 bottles between 3 stores that are sold out. Another store got some and sold out as well, so I'm not sure what their allocation was, but that doesn't leave good odds of finding anywhere with it on shelves... That said, 2 additional cases were split up between a few bars for onsite consumption. I know one of them is Brewhouse Midtown but was told the price was "very steep".. I'm scared to know exactly how much
  14. TheBeerAlmanac

TheBeerAlmanac Member

So, I didn't realize this, but LB Hamburg started putting expensive beer behind glass with the expensive scotches and other stuff. Beer guy there told me and said this was their last one, not sure if that's true or not though. It was definitely the only one out on display.
    [​IMG]
  15. weeble8604

weeble8604 Member

Ive seen it at LBS and Evergreen Liquors in Middletown, both in the past week.
  16. brian44556

brian44556 Member

Springhurst (5 cases) and Fern Valley (case on display Thursday) LB's had it. Louisville Beer Store also had it earlier this week.
  17. sommersb

sommersb Member

Wow that came and went fast...dang, was hoping to get one of these in Nashville.
  18. erichall

erichall Member

Tried some the other night. Very very good. Not many other barrel aged beers on this ones level. Perfect amount of bourbon, malt and hops. Drinks like a barleywine with some age on it.

Got a case in elizabethtown at packages & more liquors. Still have some left.
  19. ortie

ortie Member

I got one at LB Beaumont Thursday.
  20. King23James

King23James Member

LB Beaumont is sold out. Went to LB Hamburg on Monday morning the lady said I got the last one. Who knows but they didn't have any on display. Good news for anybody in the Lexington area that still wants this, yesterday at LB Richmond Rd. there were about 3 on the shelf, and I asked and they still had a case of it in stock. Also, Pazzo's still might have some as well if you don't care about taking the bottle home.
  21. mistakebythelake

mistakebythelake Member

Northern Kentucky stores such as Party Source and Cork N Bottle received bottles over the past couple weeks. Not sure if it is in stock at either locations anymore.