1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Barrel-Aged Brewhaha fest in Athens, GA 4/13-4/15

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by awalk1227, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Here's the link to the event: http://beeradvocate.com/events/info/53121

(Shoot me a Beermail and I may be inclined to divulge what the secret kegs are)

Aromas Craft Beer and Wine bar in Athens is putting on (at least) 10 different beers all aged in a different barrel in an effort to kick off the Classic City Brewfest weekend the right way.

On Tap:

-Founders Curmudgeon's Better Half (Maple Bourbon Barrels)
    -The Lost Abbey Deliverance (Serpent's Stout aged in Heaven Hill Bourbon blended with Angel's Share aged in Heaven Hill Brandy)
    -Iqhilika Chili Meade aged in South African Grenache Barrels
    -He'Brew Vertical Jewbilation aged in Sazerac Rye Barrels
    -Coney Island Albino Python aged on White Oak
    -Jolly Pumpkin Luciernaga aged in White Wine Barrels

As well as a special barrel-aged surprise from local Terrapin and a few more secret wood-aged rarities!

Also, for the beer geeks, I've been saving some pretty awesome Flanders Reds/Oud Bruins for a Flanders tasting, if anyone is coming into town and wants to get in on that let me know, I've got:

NEBCO Fancy Pants
    Upland Gilgamesh
    Squatters 529
    Lost Abbey Red Poppy
    The Bruery Oude Tart

And my bottle shop should still have all 3 years of the Rodenbach Vintages, Haandbakk, and Panil Barrique Reserva. Should be fun!
  2. poolnbeer

poolnbeer Zealot (90) Georgia Mar 5, 2011

I'll be up there for terrapin's anniversary so I may have to convince the significant other to go on a date
  3. Man, I wish this was in Atlanta.